Tough guy Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Gray was knocked out cold and carried off on a stretcher. Tell me how thats less severe than McHenry who was pleading with the umpire to stay on the ground??
I don’t think you’re considering that there’s been quite a bit of heightened scrutiny in the last six years regarding concussion. Those can’t be used as precedence now.

I don’t think you’re considering that there’s been quite a bit of heightened scrutiny in the last six years regarding concussion. Those can’t be used as precedence now.

So how many weeks are we adding on because its 2021?
3 weeks I can live with. Anything over that is excessive.

good of kern to hang his player out to dry.

#sackhinkley
Half and half really. While I appreciate the sentiment from Hinkley, the club and Lycett have the right (and expectation) to defend themselves if they think the charge or penalty are too harsh.

" Scott will take what comes in that place " is just a daft statement to make in that regard, because we all know the lawyer is going to try and minimize the penalty.

So how many weeks are we adding on because its 2021?
3 weeks I can live with. Anything over that is excessive.
I’ve said 4, but wouldn’t think 1 either way would be too far off.

It’s got nothing to do with the year man. I’ve got absolutely no want or need in rubbing blokes out for longer than needed. If what happened to Robbie happened this weekend you’d not be satisfied with 2 and that’s because we understand more now how serious it is.

I’ve said 4, but wouldn’t think 1 either way would be too far off.

It’s got nothing to do with the year man. I’ve got absolutely no want or need in rubbing blokes out for longer than needed. If what happened to Robbie happened this weekend you’d not be satisfied with 2 and that’s because we understand more now how serious it is.

You're having a laugh if you think head injuries weren't taken seriously in 2015.

What a bizarre comparison. The two incidents couldn't be more different.

I agree, two weeks is sufficient, but I'm very surprised that you think there are any similarities between what Naitanui did, and what Lycett did.

I dont think the acts are the same but the outcome is. We know that intent is largely irrelevant and its the outcome of the action that determines the severity of the penalty. Knock a player out who can't protect themself and the penalty is a raffle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McHenry was dazed and all but I don't think he was ever completely out cold. Lycetts starting position is also quite low to the ground compared to full standing height etc.

3 weeks.

As a side note, I'm sick of umpires not paying holding the ball unless a player is brought to ground or held for eternity - which is why players feel the need to do things like this.

McHenry was dazed and all but I don't think he was ever completely out cold. Lycetts starting position is also quite low to the ground compared to full standing height etc.

3 weeks.

As a side note, I'm sick of umpires not paying holding the ball unless a player is brought to ground or held for eternity - which is why players feel the need to do things like this.

No idea whether he was ever out cold because Lycett was holding onto him, laying on top refusing to get off him.

And no, players don't feel the need to swing heads into the ground because of that. They certainly take players to ground, but not ragdolling them like that which happened last night. Ridiculous take.

Tackles a guy half his size headfirst into the ground, then needs to be dragged off his concussed body.

Convince me this isnt 12 weeks.
It was the action that was bad, not the fact of his size. I don't think AFL players should start worrying about the size of the player they tackle, it's not mini league and the fact you mention size is more an indictment of you, rather than Lycett. I doubt size came into it. I think you need to worry about someone like Rowe and RT as their diving and ducking are an embarrassment to your team.

No idea whether he was ever out cold because Lycett was holding onto him, laying on top refusing to get off him.

And no, players don't feel the need to swing heads into the ground because of that. They certainly take players to ground, but not ragdolling them like that which happened last night. Ridiculous take.
Have another look, the Crows player was dragging Lycett over him, rather than allowing him to get off him.

very stupid tackle deserves 2 maybe 3. Any more port will contest it. Its arguable that the player should of even been on the ground, he was wobbly on his feet only a minute before the tackle.
I thought that too orginally, but that was #17

Just read Lycetts instagram, he's exposing 14 year olds threats after knocking out a 60kg kid. Punches down.
He tackled another man playing a contact sport. If he's such a small little defenceless kid then he shouldn't be playing

Just read Lycetts instagram, he's exposing 14 year olds threats after knocking out a 60kg kid. Punches down.
So Adelaide are negligent on allowing a kid to play AFL? Grow up, he's an Adult and like other Adults starting their AFL journey, they spend time in the gym and put on strength.

So Adelaide are negligent on allowing a kid to play AFL? Grow up, he's an Adult and like other Adults starting their AFL journey, they spend time in the gym and put on strength.
Could see the same thing happening to a guy like butters. If say Shane Mumford thought he should want to break a neck of the smallest bloke on the field.

He tackled another man playing a contact sport. If he's such a small little defenceless kid then he shouldn't be playing

The point shouldn't be that McHenry is too small for footy. It should be that Lycett generally does the tough guy crap to players much smaller than himself. Went after Laird post-disposal too.

When does he ever square up to a bloke his size?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back