Toast Touk Miller - AFL's most underappricated star ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

An outstanding player having an outstanding season, yet still not regularly discussed in his standing in the game, especially this season.

Definitely a top 5 player of the season, performance wise, watched a lot of the Suns games this season, Don't think he played a bad/ordinary game.

Yet the media (least in Melbourne) have not really given the credit or kudos he deserves.

Absolute gun and a moral for the AA team.

Been outstanding this year and last. Don’t think I’ve seen many that work as hard as he does to find space during a game. Tackles and does the defensive stuff as well. Absolute gun and yeah definitely underrated (outside of fantasy footy circles anyway 😅)

Best midfielder in the comp.

He gets plaudits for his workrate and defensive efforts but his vision and ball use by hand and foot are criminally underrated.

I hope he wins the Brownlow. He's such a complete player.

An outstanding player having an outstanding season, yet still not regularly discussed in his standing in the game, especially this season.

Definitely a top 5 player of the season, performance wise, watched a lot of the Suns games this season, Don't think he played a bad/ordinary game.

Yet the media (least in Melbourne) have not really given the credit or kudos he deserves.

Absolute gun and a moral for the AA team.

I do love him Elmer - but I don’t think he is unappreciated

I do love him Elmer - but I don’t think he is unappreciated
I feel like he gets heaps of praise
He does get a fair bit of recognition but I think he suffers from that age old illness that has claimed many before him - not playing for a Melbourne club.

Think he’d get mentioned in the same breath as Oliver or Cripps if he was in full view of the Melbourne footy media every weekend

He does get a fair bit of recognition but I think he suffers from that age old illness that has claimed many before him - not playing for a Melbourne club.

Think he’d get mentioned in the same breath as Oliver or Cripps if he was in full view of the Melbourne footy media every weekend
There is probably something in that.

I don't know if he's underrated or not because I only watch him play once a year.

The reason I only watch him play once a year is because the team he plays for is rubbish.
If the team he played for was good I'd watch him a lot more.

Thus if he's underrated, I suspect it's because there are lots of people like me who don't bother watching the teams at the bottom of the ladder.

I don't know if he's underrated or not because I only watch him play once a year.

The reason I only watch him play once a year is because the team he plays for is rubbish.

Thus if he's underrated, I suspect it's because there are lots of people like me who don't bother watching the teams at the bottom of the ladder.
You’re missing out. It’s actually quite enjoyable watching the Suns. There’s plenty of talent in that side too.

Literally have 9 wins bro lmao

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re missing out. It’s actually quite enjoyable watching the Suns. There’s plenty of talent in that side too.
Totally agree- I've caught quarters here and there but to be perfectly honest three or four games a week is the max I can really get through. I reckon there'd be a lot of people w/ young kids etc. who are equally stretched for time who'd prioritise the top teams.

How do coaches votes work? How many votes can they give out per game ?

Each coach in each game awards 5-4-3-2-1 to the players he sees as best from the 44-46 players in the game.

The Carlton coach automatically gives 5-4-3-2-1 to Carlton players which is why those spuds have 3 players in the top 15 or so. 🤣🤣

He is still very much underrated. If he played for a VIC team and not for the suns he'd be the favourite for the Brownlow. Wont shock at all if he wins it and he's well up there, best work rate in the competition.

He's a deceptively great inside / outside midfielder who looks flashy and runs the lines, but he is also tough and wins the hard balls and executes his skills really well under pressure. It's a rare combo. He has been a dynamo for Gold Coast. I'd have him #1 rover in my All Australian team. A good chance for the Brownlow, despite Gold Coast's ladder position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back