Toast Touk Miller - AFL's most underappricated star ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I do love the complements people give and then decide to give the Suns a backhander on the way through.

On topic, Touk is the best 2 way runner in league, what has improved out of sight and pushed him into the elite these past 2 years is his disposal, was a little loose this past weekend, but more often than not hits the target. 16 clearances doesn't go astray either.

Last edited:

Debutant
May 25, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Delhi Capitals
Absolute gun

But i feel this year he's getting a bit more attention as he deserves

Was criminally underrated until this year though... and maybe still is to a degree as he's off broadway

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
He's my tip for the Brownlow. He won't have many other players taking votes off him and I reckon Gold Coast have won enough games where he should be picking up threes. The other contenders have the issue of team-mates potentially taking votes off them. He's been super this year.

joselol

Debutant
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wonder how much negative impact, if any, his early days tagging role had on his reputation. He's a complete mid. 31 touches 10 tackles and 15 clearances from last game - pretty handy.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
THE most important and influential person in Gold Coast Football Club history. In a time where it seemed like every other talented player decided to leave because it was 'too hard', Touk put his flag in the sand and said I'm staying for the long haul. You cannot underestimate how important that was back when it occurred. It's not unreasonable to suggest he could become our first ever 300 game player as he closes in on 160 this year at 26 years of age. No matter what happens from here, he'll forever be a club legend and I really hope his loyalty is rewarded with at least one premiership in the red and gold. I'm certain our best and fairest award will be named after him in the future and I also hope as a city that we recognise his contributions and build a statue of him outside Metricon Stadium when it's all said and done. He's also a genuinely good person who is heavily involved in community programs off the field so that's very commendable as well. It seems like the only person on the planet that doesn't like Touk is Dayne Zorko, who is ironically a Gold Coaster himself 😂

But here's the real question - can he win the Brownlow this year?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Incredible player. If he played for a Melbourne club the media would be jizzing themselves over him.

Wonder if part of the reason is because Miller doesn't really put himself out there in the media, doesn't do anything controversial on field or has obnoxious celebrations or carry on like a pork chop (Iike many of the star players)

Just a consummate work horse and a true team player.

Taken pick 29 in the horrible 2014 National Draft.

Have him 2nd in that draft class after Petracca now.

Harry_O

Senior List
Aug 14, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Clippers
Absolute gun!

Side note, his old man is a great bass player too.
You can catch him busking around the city or even outside the G'.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Poor guy didn’t like the hard tag today.

Will hopefully learn from it.
You're acting like this is the first time he's ever had a tag.

He gets the hard tag every week, it just happened to work today and even still he had 21 and 10 tackles

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Poor guy didn’t like the hard tag today.

Will hopefully learn from it.
He's been copping hard tags for 2 years now and started off his career playing the hard tag on the opposition players best midfielder, but sure?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You're acting like this is the first time he's ever had a tag.

He gets the hard tag every week, it just happened to work today and even still he had 21 and 10 tackles

First time in 3 years he hasnt got 100m gained. Finn dominated him and even though he got a lot of possessions almost all were rushed and poor.

No other tagger has come close to tagging as well as Finn did.

As the poster above said, will have learned a lot yesterday. Clubs will be watching and deciding whether they too should put a solid tag on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Each coach in each game awards 5-4-3-2-1 to the players he sees as best from the 44-46 players in the game.

The Carlton coach automatically gives 5-4-3-2-1 to Carlton players which is why those spuds have 3 players in the top 15 or so. 🤣🤣

Same reason why Oliver and Trac are 2nd and 3rd. Goodwin thinks he’s got dynasty players already.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back