Tour Match: England Lions v Australians

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast

Only 3 out of the 11 were born overseas, that's pretty darn good for a pommy team,

So you have chosen to forget about the likes of Khawaja , Ahmed ,Henriques ,etc..

I guess people around here have very selective memories. A country that changed its own laws to fast track a pakistani into their team.

usman_zps8e61cea1.jpg

Seen the first class record of that guy that tonned up? jesus. 4000 plus runs at 54. 23 years of age. that's the sort of guy we used to be knocking back from our test team :(

anyone seen him bat? looks like he is built more like a rugby player.

As powerful as his frame suggests. Dizzy Gillespie certainly rates him.

Brought over to the UK on the encouragement of his uncle, Dave Houghton. Went to Harrow and signed with Derbyshire at 16 before moving to Yorkshire in 2008. Averages about 45 in the County Championship, but still goes back to Zimbabwe in their summer which boosts the average a bit.

Would play for Zimbabwe in an ideal world, but I can't see the England selectors saying 'Sorry, no thanks' given his county cricket background. He'll be in and around the England set up even if he doesn't make the Ashes squad.

So you have chosen to forget about the likes of Khawaja , Ahmed ,Henriques ,etc..

I guess people around here have very selective memories. A country that changed its own laws to fast track a pakistani into their team.

1. Do you not understand a joke?
2. Do you really thing you are telling me news by telling me that in recent times we have had a couple of test cricketers born overseas?

Makes you sound really petty and sad.

usman_zps8e61cea1.jpg

Usman came here when he was like 5 :eek:. He was playing for Australian teams nearly a decade ago.

Speaking of which, using Davey to bowl first change medium pacers is absolutely hilarious. On Khawaja I dunno why they didn't give him a go, surely even though he's no gun he'd be more suited than a part-time leggie bowling part-part-time seam-ups.

Looks like Lyon bowled very well, and Smith didn't bowl well at all but still has the magic touch when it comes to getting random late wickets.

Would love to see Ballance playing tests for Zimbabwe but I spose it's not an attractive option. Alex Lees has a fair bloody average for a 20 year old batsman too:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013/content/player/460756.html

I'm assuming since Watto doesn't bowl he's once again totally stuffed in that department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

usman_zps8e61cea1.jpg

You mean Khawaja and Henriques who grew up in Australia and are as Australian as andrew Strauss is English?

Meanwhile Ballance and Trott represented their countries at under 19 level.

Seen the first class record of that guy that tonned up? jesus. 4000 plus runs at 54. 23 years of age. that's the sort of guy we used to be knocking back from our test team :(

Record is a bit misleading. Many of those FC games are in the Zimbabwean FC competition, which he dominates.

Can bat though. I've seen him a couple of times in county cricket on Fox Sports.

E: Smith bowled by Stokes. Time for the bat-off between Ussie and Hughes.
Can bat though. I've seen him a couple of times in county cricket on Fox Sports.

E: Smith bowled by Stokes. Time for the bat-off between Ussie and Hughes.

Only one winner there.

Did look like hughes was willing to dig in, faced 120 odd balls, apparently chopped one back on so a bit unlucky, unlike khwaja with the classic 10 minute innings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back