News Towner, Chol and Drummond delisted

Happy for Towna if he gets two years from the Swans.
He was looking up how to get a carpentry apprenticeship late in 2017 knowing he would be delisted but he got a game vs Freo and played in a flag and got another year.
I love how our club looks after people first. Losing Towna because he gets a two year deal elsewhere shows me that this club cares about its people.

Kinda sentimental about Towno. Not sure how I feel about Chol? Will trust the club on this one. Makes me wonder if we are going for potentially better alternative at the next level down that can give Nank more support? ......just speculating though...

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Towner did well for us end of 2017, but was never going to be great. Good thing we are delisting players like him when years ago, apart from one or two great players, average battler types were all we had.

Drummond, no real suprise, honestly forgot he was on our list sometimes.. Poor kid could never get on the park.

Chol would have been only average at best...

towno would have taken 1 year with us over 2 at sydney why didnt we offer it
He could have stayed on a year contract but why would he? Good luck to him if he can get some longer term security.

Towner could be the Clark Keating of finals...Problem is, he might not make a Richmond finals side, and Sydney might not make finals...He should take the 2 years though, and all the best...

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
My reaction to Chol.

ImportantLargeHart-size_restricted.gif
Why are you so happy

There’s some pretty handy players we’ve cut loose this year. Including two Liston medallists. All ten would have been walk-up starts in some of the Richmond teams I’ve watched.

Chol was the least successful of the group, with only 1 senior game. Always a bit speculative, but great to see the club trying something different. Still a bloody handy state-level player.

The rest of them, including Drummond, would probably get a game elsewhere. Just a question of whether the other clubs want to take the chance on his knees over a kid with no injury history.

It was time to move them all on, I guess. They had a reasonable chance and couldn’t improve our senior team. Let’s hope we can replace them with better players, because if we can’t, this will be a backwards step.

I was just thinking that.........If players have been around for 3 or more years that is long enough for the coaches to form a solid idea around weather they can make it or possibly not (at least at the club they are currently at). The other thing is that the players around them get a good idea and this is at least as important in terms of culture. Bringing in a whole new group makes them either 1. an improvement on the guys that have left or 2. a possible improvement (an unknown quantity) either way it provides pressure for spots which continues to drive a culture of improvement....

Mail I got off somebody who would know is that Sydney are taking him hence the delisting. Clubs been really good to him.

Life member at the tiges but playing at another club next year. Astonishing.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I look at Towner and the problem is he didn't improve his game or maintain his standard from last season.Wasn't kicking goals or taking grabs etc.Pressure and tackling is not enough just to rely on in his position.
A few getting to that stage as well.Pressure is fine but also getting the ball in your hands is just as crucial.
Get away with 2 max but anything over that then the slack is left to too few.
Need more output out of
Graham
Butler
George
Broad
Kmac
Next year.

Back