News Towner, Chol and Drummond delisted

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
He's still young Bazzar and big men take time to develop, look at Majak Daw he's taken ages to become a senior regular for the roos.
Daw is a monster who still cannot play, using his bulk in the back alf has been his savior, but he's still not in there best 22. Chol is a C grader with minimal upside. He was worth a punt but that didn't work out. Just like the Tiges, I have no issue with his delisting.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Daw is a monster who still cannot play, using his bulk in the back alf has been his savior, but he's still not in there best 22. Chol is a C grader with minimal upside. He was worth a punt but that didn't work out. Just like the Tiges, I have no issue with his delisting.
Did you not watch Daw in defence this year?

Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Chol is still better than daw at virtually the same age 21, now daw is 27 played 18 games this year and playing regular footy in the seniors. Like i said lots of big men take time to mature unless they're freaks like our Richo and Buddy. I'd still persist with him as a rookie because he has improved and he has room to improve a lot more, he's still very young with time on his side..

Last edited:
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Did you not watch Daw in defence this year?
Yes, thats why i said his bulk down back has been his savior. He still cannot technically play the game (similar to Mason Cox. One trick pony)
And if Chol is so good, why was he let go? Do you think another club might rookie him?

Daw is easily, easily in Norfs best 22 and then some. Played some really good footy this season and it doesn’t surprise me that it’s been a much different scale of improvement time wise, age wise etc to the norm, nor that he finally started to put it together.
I think it’s fair to assume Chol could have the same scope and shows similar traits along a comparible timeline but I understand the delisting. You simply have to delist players unfortunately and really there weren’t many options.
Daw was just very fortunate that he had time on his side via a lack of quality depth at his club, Chol is on a premiership winning list who just butchered a flag this year and are favored to win next seasons.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Daw is easily, easily in Norfs best 22 and then some. Played some really good footy this season and it doesn’t surprise me that it’s been a much different scale of improvement time wise, age wise etc to the norm, nor that he finally started to put it together.
I think it’s fair to assume Chol could have the same scope and shows similar traits along a comparible timeline but I understand the delisting. You simply have to delist players unfortunately and really there weren’t many options.
Daw was just very fortunate that he had time on his side via a lack of quality depth at his club, Chol is on a premiership winning list who just butchered a flag this year and are favored to win next seasons.
Daw is best 22 in a bottom 8 side, not a top 8 side, thats the difference

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

I actually don’t get why we are favs

I actually don’t get why we are favs
Guess they look at it from the perspective that we blew it this year despite being the best team for the greater part of the season and have added Lynch.
I don’t think we’wull win it either but I can understand from a punters perspective why they frame the market that way.

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Guess they look at it from the perspective that we blew it this year despite being the best team for the greater part of the season and have added Lynch.
I don’t think we’wull win it either but I can understand from a punters perspective why they frame the market that way.

Yeah I would have thought West Coast would have been .

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
We agree to disagree, I thought he was progressing well, he can play in backline or forward or even pinch ruckman and had improved a lot since we first got him... He's definitely worth rooking again .
This is the point, most would agree with assessment as the club does. But because he has been on the list as a rookie for 3 years, he needs to be upgraded onto the main list or delisted. We can re-rookie him and he would start another 3 year rookie time frame.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Actually thought Chol was improving before he got injured, but still gets lost too much during games and has a low football IQ. Could make a backman out of him as it would be easier for him to read the play. Although it is less likely that Chol will be re-rookied now with the changes in the draft rules.

The club might keep open a rookie spot to use in March or in the mid season draft and Blair Hartley suggested this could be option in the Talking Tiger podcast.

Back