Remove this Banner Ad

kickazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
How is facebook going for everyone?
Now banning news and weather from Australia.
You mean I have to type the name of reputable, fact checking, news providers into the url box of Chrome now?

No more random Peta Credlin crap infesting my Facebook? Just pictures from family and friends?

Not sure how I'll survive

SBD Gonzalez

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
You mean I have to type the name of reputable, fact checking, news providers into the url box of Chrome now?

No more random Peta Credlin crap infesting my Facebook? Just pictures from family and friends?

Not sure how I'll survive
Serious question, how much Peta Credlin crap infested your Facebook?

I get pretty much zero political rubbish (though I use an ad blockeur; maybe there's the difference?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dumb

i sh*t blue
Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
In keeping with the thread, some of the toxicity will now disappear with the news sites going dark. It was good sport, looking at the headlines from my local rag's website (which I pay subscription for BTW), knowing I could then go to see people duke it out on Facebook.

I've barely posted in 3 years on my own page but plenty for my job. I can't bring myself to believe that people are interested, god knows I scroll past everything. I struggle to not delete plenty of posts on BigFooty after I type them out.

The market is open for an alternative even if a new platform had to pay for content like it was proposed facebook should. Murdochbook.
I'm fascinated with how it will all play out longer term if the present situation continues. Joe Blogger is in the poop but you'd think more money will make into the hands of local advertisers. Most of the people browsing Facebook news never contributed anything financially anyway, but there is a lot less reach.

HirdsTheWord

OH WE'RE FROM DIVER LAND
Jun 19, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It does seem bizarre that the Government wants Facebook to pay for content the media companies are posting on the Facebook platform. I haven't read a good argument as to why Facebook would bother paying for it yet?
their is no argument.

its absolutely bizarre.

Essentially the Aus Government is trying to make a company pay for something that makes them no money, Said Company says fine, no worries we respect your law and we will remove the content from our site. In return the Aus Government loses the plot is calling them bullies for not being bullied?

absolute stupidity is what it is.

Reynolds Number

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Just got news of a BLM activist getting banned from Twitter for repeatedly calling Ken Wyatt a 'coconut' because Ken doesn't subscribe to his 'progressive' views.

And I won't be missing the current affairs sh*t with the occasional mean spirited and ignorant comment from one of FB friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad