Toy Story 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonderful finale to an amazing animated trilogy. Pixar raising the bar yet again, surely they couldn't have made a second sequel better than the first two? Very touching, emotional scenes bookended much fun and laughs.

Also thought the Night and Day short film at the start was a very clever, multi-layered piece.

This was one of those movies I decided to head to an actual cinema for (last time was for TDK and before that LOTR3).

This film was just brilliant. Absolutely everything about it. My cinema experience was not (was I the only one that notice the front left speaker was almost inaudibe?).

Must admit I got flashbacks to childhood, seeing 'the smiling clown phone car' especially.

Will be buying the blu-ray trilogy box set whenever it is released, and might go buy myself some of the current toys that are available to keep locked away to give to children I might have in the future.

These movies will be timeless.

This was one of those movies I decided to head to an actual cinema for (last time was for TDK and before that LOTR3).
Didn't see Watchmen?

Geat, loved it, 8/10! :):thumbsu:

And may I just say I was wrong to think I would be in the cinema from hell, being it filled mostly with little kids. They were silent the whole way thru, so there you go. Was pleasantly suprised- just goes to show the most annoying movie audiences are probably adults around my age...

Minimum 9/10

One of the saddest movies ever. Not a dry eye in the house at the opening.
My boy (5) loved it. Watching it on dvd now. I can't as it just made me so sad

Haven't seen it yet, I thought it was a kids movie, but some people my age are watching it.

In 60 Minutes last night, they interviewed a senior guy from Pixar. He said they make movies for people of all ages, not just kids.

Well I had never seen a Toy Story film until last Friday night, girlfriend wanted to see it Sunday so thought I better get around to finally watching them so 3 would make sense. And I loved the whole trilogy and quite frankly this one was nearly the best of the lot. So many injokes and just out there jokes that cracked me up. Will be buying box set of trilogy when it is out!

Have to disagree with the short film before it thought, went on way too long and I didn't see the point!

Oh and stay for the credits people.

Spanish Buzz! :thumbsu: LOL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10/10 absolutely loved it.
I admit I teared up at the end, I felt like with andy giving his toys away, I was giving a part of my childhood away.

Hopefully they don't make another one as that was a perfect ending to a legendary trilogy.

Hopefully they don't make another one as that was a perfect ending to a legendary trilogy.

normally i'd agree, and i could see them stuffing it up

but......

they do have a few runs on the board and i'd back them to do it right....... AGAIN

I loved the short film beforehand. I thought it was awesome, and really got me into the mood for the movie.

It's pretty cool how Pixar always place upcoming characters in their movies. Lots-o-huggin was in Up.

He was also in Monsters Inc which has lead to some speculation that
the girl who recieved the toys from Andy is Boo. Monster Inc 2 is in production as we speak.

Normally i would agree with that sentiment that they shouldn’t make another one and go into overkill (see Shrek) but agree with Flight23 that Pixar have the runs on the board. Have they made a flop?

We were talking after the movie and we came to the conclusion that Pixar should wait another 5 to 10 years before possibly doing another one. The story would then go full circle. Andy would be an adult and have his own children. Because by then, the children who originally watched Toy Story 1 would now be adults making films (20 – 25 years in transition).

Watched it today, awesome. Blubbered a bit in the final scenes, but it was a hppy sad scene i guess, eather than a real sad scene. The whole garbage scene was kinda hard to watch as well.

10/10 absolutely loved it.
I admit I teared up at the end, I felt like with andy giving his toys away, I was giving a part of my childhood away.

The Pixar execs have been on record that this will be it. I think that their words were 'There may be other opportunities for Woody and Buzz in the future, but we think this was a really great way of wrapping it up" or something like that.

Regardless, after TS3, I'd trust them with a 4th. No question.

Normally i would agree with that sentiment that they shouldn’t make another one and go into overkill (see Shrek) but agree with Flight23 that Pixar have the runs on the board. Have they made a flop?

We were talking after the movie and we came to the conclusion that Pixar should wait another 5 to 10 years before possibly doing another one. The story would then go full circle. Andy would be an adult and have his own children. Because by then, the children who originally watched Toy Story 1 would be adult film makers making Toy Story 4 (20 – 25 years in transition).
I know the adult film business is booming these days, but would all kids who grew up in the 90's become adult film makers? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back