Movie Toy Story 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Sequel to 2010's Toy Story 3 which was a sequel to 1999's Toy Story 2 which was a sequel to 1995's Toy Story.

DAVID SIMS JUN 13, 2019

It was only a matter of time before the Toy Story franchise started asking questions about the very nature of consciousness. It’s a direction I wish more long-running brands would take in their later sequels. Once you’ve completed at least one trilogy’s worth of stories, your next movie should try to dig into the notion of sentience. Toy Story 4, the latest entry in Pixar’s greatest series, on paper seems like a superfluous endeavor. After all, the first three films told a fairly complete story about the life cycle of a toy, following the felt cowboy Woody (voiced by Tom Hanks) as he lived a whole childhood with his owner, Andy, and then moved on to a new kid named Bonnie.

Toy Story 4 wisely feels like less of a new chapter and more like an epilogue, an addendum for Woody that muses on the peculiarities of the symbiotic relationship between toys and humans these movies have long explored. But the film’s most challenging, bizarre, and lovable material involves a beady-eyed Frankenstein’s monster named Forky (Tony Hale) who becomes the newest addition to Bonnie’s flock after she builds him in kindergarten class. His body is a plastic spork, his feet are made of broken popsicle sticks, and his hands are gnarled pipe cleaners that grasp at the air with maniacal urgency. Most important, he doesn’t know why he’s alive, and reader, that’s when I leaned forward in my seat.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/06/toy-story-4-review-forky/591583/

In cinemas Thursday.

Last edited:

Hmm, had a quick google and couldnt see the article I thought existed, mostly just that people assumed based on the ending that the Third would be the last.

I don't remember them saying it was the end. It was a long wait by today's standards between 2 and 3.

Can’t wait to see it.
One of the greatest film franchises ever.
I still shed a tear watching each of the first three films despite watching them countless times.
Ultimately just a simple theme - be nice to your toys and your friends.

It was fine.

Liked the ending however
pretty obvious they'll all find each other in the sequel some day.

65073944_2361200267524108_2187925360706846720_n.jpg

I will probably wait until it's available to watch at home, I got diddled when I went and saw Incredibles 2.

I liked it but deliberately avoided watching the trailer. I need to watch it a few times and I am sure I missed some of the jokes.

All I will say is it is a story all about Woody - the other toys didn't get enough time in my view

Caught up with the trilogy again recently and they stand up enormously well. Best comparison I can make is the Bourne trilogy; inseparably consistent high excellence whilst also being bingey popcorn. There are more significant trilogies out there, but those two gave great service to the mainstream without any dip in quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back