Unsolved Toyah Cordingley * Delhi Police arrest Rajwinder Singh

Remove this Banner Ad

do you think the detectives have anything solid on this Indian bloke ? As one of the articles stated that the Aussie cops are yet to even ask the Indian police for help

Yes, I think they've got his DNA and probably matched through his family still here who volunteered theirs. The police were playing it down initially stressing they only wanted to talk to him trying to get him to come forward himself but it didn't work. He's done a proper runner.

I think this young girl and her family have been let down by the authorities, find this grub and send him back to Australia,what's the hold up?

He's vanished into a developing country of 1.35 billion people. Efforts should be made to put pressure on their government because the message is that you can come over here and do whatever you like, commit a murder even and get away with it as long as you hold a current passport and do a runner back to India before the authorities catch on.

He's vanished into a developing country of 1.35 billion people. Efforts should be made to put pressure on their government because the message is that you can come over here and do whatever you like, commit a murder even and get away with it as long as you hold a current passport and do a runner back to India before the authorities catch on.
Or as that hit and run weasel in Melbourne did: just use your brother's passport and off to India you go. Surely if the Australian government or even someone privately offered a ten thousand dollar reward for information that led to his arrest he would be turned in very quickly

Toyah Cordingley was a 24-year-old animal-loving pharmacy assistant. Between 12–1 pm on Sunday, October 21st, 2018 Cordingley was shopping at Rusty’s Markets — a well-liked fresh fruit and veg market in Cairns. She returned home briefly before heading bent walk her boyfriend’s dog, Jersey — who was described as a ‘larger than average’ dog. At around 2–2:30 pm, Cordingley received Wangetti beach — a 4km stretch of beach halfway between Cairns and Port Douglas — she left her Mitsubishi Lancer, with the registration plate ‘TOY 146’ within the southern parking lot and went for a walk on the sand.

An extradition request has been signed, now they just have to lodge it with India. :snail:

Some more info on the signed but still to be lodged with India, extradition order.

'“Generally the Australian government does not comment on individual steps along the extradition process in an individual matter. However, given the intense community and media interest in this matter, I am publicly confirming that a formal extradition request has been approved by me.'

Some more info on the signed but still to be lodged with India, extradition order.

'“Generally the Australian government does not comment on individual steps along the extradition process in an individual matter. However, given the intense community and media interest in this matter, I am publicly confirming that a formal extradition request has been approved by me.'

why do I get the feeling this will take years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else watching this? Had completely forgot about this case.

From memory people were bringing her family into this as a possible reason why she was murdered in the beginning of all this, or am I wrong there?

From memory people were bringing her family into this as a possible reason why she was murdered in the beginning of all this, or am I wrong there?

Not on here that I can recall but I think there might have been some fingers pointed at her family elsewhere. Her poor Mum, she's heartbroken.

no offence intended by my needing to say that since first hearing of toyah, and each time since, her name (phonetically) has troubled me - "toy accordingly".

the perpetrator of this senseless, horrifying crime has a deranged mind.

imho

Here's one we're bringing back to face justice, so it's not totally hopeless.

Puneet Puneet was a 19-year-old learner driver when he killed Queenslander Dean Hofstee while speeding in Southbank. Puneet was travelling at 150 kilometres per hour with a blood alcohol reading of 0.165 at the time of the crash.

He pleaded guilty to culpable driving and was on bail awaiting sentence in 2009 when he fled Australia using a friend's passport.

Puneet was arrested four years later in India, on his wedding day, and has been facing drawn-out extradition proceedings.

Here's one we're bringing back to face justice, so it's not totally hopeless.

Puneet Puneet was a 19-year-old learner driver when he killed Queenslander Dean Hofstee while speeding in Southbank. Puneet was travelling at 150 kilometres per hour with a blood alcohol reading of 0.165 at the time of the crash.

He pleaded guilty to culpable driving and was on bail awaiting sentence in 2009 when he fled Australia using a friend's passport.

Puneet was arrested four years later in India, on his wedding day, and has been facing drawn-out extradition proceedings.

Only took over ten years

And here we are a year later ....

'Posted Fri 21 Oct 2022 at 6:53am'

'.....
Australian authorities made a request to extradite person of interest Rajwinder Singh from India, where he is believed to be living, in March 2021.

The ABC understands the next Indian extradition court proceedings have been listed for November 5, although the matter will be postponed if he isn't located.

Family spokesman Wayne 'Prong' Trimble said the shocking crime continued to take a toll on Ms Cordingley's family and the wider community.

But he said they remained hopeful justice would be served.

"People are flabbergasted at how long things have taken, and we really haven't had much progress at all," Mr Trimble said.

"There are so many questions, why it happened.

"It is frustrating for everyone, especially for the family and there's been a few false alarms.

"The authorities say they will not give up, and we certainly will not be giving up."

A spokeswoman for the Australian Attorney-General's Department said that it was now a matter for Indian authorities to pursue Mr Singh's extradition to Australia and that Indian police were attempting to locate him.'

'Four years after her death, Ms Cordingley's name still hangs in shop windows, on posters strung up on trees, and on stickers on car bumpers in nearly every street in Cairns.'
Mr Trimble said a gathering would be held at her memorial site at Wangetti Beach on Friday evening to mark the four-year anniversary of her death.'

'Toyah mural makes debut at new Port Douglas pet facility

Toyah Cordingley has been remembered for her love of all creatures great and small with a permanent memorial as part of a Port Douglas pet facility’s incredible $1.8m transformation. See how they remembered her.'

'October 27, 2022 - 8:03PM'

'Close to one hundred people celebrated the opening of the Paws and Claws shelter at Front St after its five-year-long hiatus and were touched to see the way the facility remembered Toyah.'

Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 10.09.21 pm.png
Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 10.09.29 pm.png

'Attorney-General says Rajwinder Singh ‘wanted for prosecution’ for Toyah Cordingley’s murder

The Indian Government is hoping to make an arrest over the murder of Toyah Cordingley within weeks, in a stunning revelation on the fourth anniversary of her death.

October 22, 2022 - 6:00AM'

'Mr Entsch said he believed the federal government had offered their Indian counterparts assistance with the search for Mr Singh, who is believed to be hiding among the Sikh community in northern India.

“I believe the offer is there but it is up to the Indian authorities,” he said.'

'“They are actively scouring the country looking for this man, and anticipating an arrest,” Mr Entsch said.

“That has given the family a lot of real hope and it shows they really are working towards an outcome.

“It’s the first bit of positive advice that we have received.”'

An appropriate indemnity from prosecution for accomplices, could include anyone that assisted hide Singh, knowing he was a wanted man.

'$1 million reward announcement in Toyah Cordingley investigation'
' Nov 3, 2022 @ 7:07am'

'reward for information leading to the location and arrest of 38-year-old Rajwinder Singh, believed to be overseas, in relation to Toyah’s murder.'

'Deputy Commissioner Tracy Linford said this was the first time an initial reward of $1 million had been offered in Queensland.'

'Minister Ryan said in addition, an appropriate indemnity from prosecution would be considered for any accomplice, not being the person who actually committed the crime, who first gives such information which leads to Rajwinder Singh’s arrest.“'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back