Unsolved Toyah Cordingley * Delhi Police arrest Rajwinder Singh

Well if you can’t gauge from what I’ve written and need it broken down , it’s probably to non main stream for your thought process

Likely unintentional but you appear to have made what might be a fairly common error actually of stereotyping Toyah's family. By the way they wear their hair, nicknames, the work they do and perhaps living what you perceive to be an alternative kind of lifestyle as if that makes them suspect.

Until there's an arrest we cant be certain of much but the family has been cleared and it's important we take care in not adding to their grief.

Kirsty2020

Draftee
Jan 27, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Queensland Police back in early December last year were launching an internal investigation to determine who leaked information about the Toyah Cordingley murder case to the media, (Raj Singh) which has resulted in a media black out. Whether its still on going or not, I think it's likely, imo, those working on the case have been made to sign confidentiality agreements which legally binds them from divulging information about the case outside of the core unit and if/when they release information what they can and can't say etc to the public and media.
So I'm reluctant to believe what is being circulated about recent theories based off information from credible sources who know detectives working on the case.

But to answer your question keeping within the lines of theorising of why I believe arrests would've already been made with previously mentioned line of inquiry;

This is quite a sensitive subject when involving victims family members in these discussions so I approach this as respectfully as I can.

If Toyah's step father, Darren Gardiner, had heavy enemies, who, for what ever reason had it in for him, I think he would've been well aware of it.
So If this was a "revenge attack"/ "message", then imo Gardener would've put two n two together and pointed cops in that direction early on in the piece.
Basic police fundamentals in investigating POI's/lines of inquiries are establishing Motive, opportunity and means. This would've stacked up pretty quickly imo

The angle of raj being a witness to this terribly sad and horrific crime and his life and his families lives being threatened by those theorised to be responsible is questionable.
Why would he abandon his family? Would he not take his wife and 3 little kids with him to protect them all?
Someone wanting to escape wouldn't take their wife and three kids. Abandoning his immediate family as well as brother, sister and parents now means he can possibly come back to them one day.
Police are only people in the end, no matter how many confidentiality agreements they sign. People like to talk especially to clear up rumours.
I'm still going with the theory there were multiple attackers, perhaps they knew Darren had a very attractive step-daughter (motive) and it was opportunist and not revenge related. But again, why leave her where she could easily be found why not take her body out by boat? Why leave her naked and cut up?
Back to Raj... what would his motivation have been? And physically, How would he have tied up her big dog and stopped it from barking? And stopped her from screaming out? There were other people on the beach at the time, cars in the parking lot and driving past... it definitely wasn't a one man job and I'm almost certain not Raj

Kirsty2020

Draftee
Jan 27, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

Likely unintentional but you appear to have made what might be a fairly common error actually of stereotyping Toyah's family. By the way they wear their hair, nicknames, the work they do and perhaps living what you perceive to be an alternative kind of lifestyle as if that makes them suspect.

Until there's an arrest we cant be certain of much but the family has been cleared and it's important we take care in not adding to their grief.
I'm with you on respecting Toyah's family. But I can't believe the police haven't released a media report clearing Raj or explaining his involvement... his life and family's name is basically destroyed through media slander

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

Oh sorry I’m not allowed a opinion.... doesn’t sit with the general Sensis ....
My opinion was based on Visual facts and facts provided by your media entrails . Nothing more nothing less .

Oh sorry I’m not allowed a opinion.... doesn’t sit with the general Sensis ....
My opinion was based on Visual facts and facts provided by your media entrails . Nothing more nothing less .

Remember the time you judged Bung Siriboon's father as being involved in her disappearance / murder because of the way he wore his hair?

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
"Too non maintstream"?

Just when I thought the hipster culture was dying, we now have true crime fans who think they're elitist. Probably the funniest thing I've read all year.

I’m not a true crime fan nor a hipster , what ever that crud is your just your typical cyber troll can read and write but ask for a explanation to engage in conversation, lonely hearts club member aswell ... since you like new age terminology

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Remember the time you judged Bung Siriboon's father as being involved in her disappearance / murder because of the way he wore his hair?

Yeah I no a few blokes with hair like that aswell , real clean cut image to up keep . So I’m allowed a opinion

Not sure why Daily Mail is reporting on this now when the incident was last week but ... attempted abduction of a 19yo girl on the highway Kewarra Beach, 17 kms from Wangetti Beach.

A manhunt has been launched for the driver of a 4WD, who allegedly tried to abduct a teenage girl not far from where a 21-year-old woman was raped and murdered.

The man is accused of pulling off a highway in Cairns and trying to lure the girl over just after 6pm on January 23.

He then allegedly tried to pull the 19-year-old into his vehicle, but she was able to break free.

Police say the man is slim, and appears to be aged in his 50s or 60s, with pale skin, and greying brown hair.

After the alleged failed abduction, the man drove along the grass, before turning and continuing to drive on the footpath.

9168794-6647711-image-m-3_1548840031248.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rl-19-near-beach-Toyah-Cordingley-killed.html

Kirsty2020

Draftee
Jan 27, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure why Daily Mail is reporting on this now when the incident was last week but ... attempted abduction of a 19yo girl on the highway Kewarra Beach, 17 kms from Wangetti Beach.

A manhunt has been launched for the driver of a 4WD, who allegedly tried to abduct a teenage girl not far from where a 21-year-old woman was raped and murdered.

The man is accused of pulling off a highway in Cairns and trying to lure the girl over just after 6pm on January 23.

He then allegedly tried to pull the 19-year-old into his vehicle, but she was able to break free.

Police say the man is slim, and appears to be aged in his 50s or 60s, with pale skin, and greying brown hair.

After the alleged failed abduction, the man drove along the grass, before turning and continuing to drive on the footpath.

9168794-6647711-image-m-3_1548840031248.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rl-19-near-beach-Toyah-Cordingley-killed.html
That's kind of 'last weeks news' around here. The media appear to be creating sensationalism by linking Toyah's name. The victim described him getting out of a brown van so I'm not sure why that car is pictured 😕

That's kind of 'last weeks news' around here. The media appear to be creating sensationalism by linking Toyah's name. The victim described him getting out of a brown van so I'm not sure why that car is pictured 😕

There's a new link 14 hours ago on facebook somewhere. Maybe because they found another car on cctv and I did see someone post something about the story changing from a brown ute/van to a black Vitara.

Kirsty2020

Draftee
Jan 27, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
There's a new link 14 hours ago on facebook somewhere. Maybe because they found another car on cctv and I did see someone post something about the story changing from a brown ute/van to a black Vitara.
I hadn't heard that. Great they'v got the suspected car on camera. So glad he didn't abduct her

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
Cairns Post articles are often far more informative but unfortunately most are paywalled. Sometimes you can get access to articles on their FB page.
however I've noticed that some articles shared on FB also become locked/paywalled after a day or two. So will share screen shots in separate post.
Below is link to the cairns post FB page, date of post and screen shot on the article to look out for.

https://m.facebook.com/TheCairnsPost/

Feb 4th 2019 post

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
It's quite eerie, not this one so much but in the other article posted above she looks very much like a slightly older version of Toyah.

Agree. First thing I thought when I saw Ms Weinnem's photo's was a striking similarity to Toyah.

A terrifying encounter by the sounds.

I'm left wondering several things.
The first two that came to mind was is this the same person responsible for Toyah? or was this incident spawned from the criminological phenomenon, the Copycat effect?

Last edited:

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
During the Talk Show on 4CA am radio on the 15th Jan 2019 John Mackenzie spoke with Acting Assistant Commissioner Brian Huxley about the Toyah Cordingley murder investigation and the reason why things may seem to have gone quiet.

Transcribed quote taken from interview; 1:26 min mark.

John Mackenzie;
"If you don't mind giving us an update, where is that investigation going at the moment."

Acting Assistant Commissioner Brian Huxley;
"Can I assure you and the listeners that the police never close murder investigations. While things may have seemingly gone quiet, there's an enormous amount of effort going on behind the scenes with the police investigation.
Not only are we very much engaged in this job we've brought in some extra resources from homicide squad in Brisbane to assist.
Can I say, at this stage were at a... It is at a sensitive stage of the investigation so I'd ask people's assistance in understanding that I'm really not at liberty to discuss the details of where we are at but we do have a number of persons of interests that we're following up on and at this stage we're focusing on the forensic component of this job in a lot of detail."

You can Listen to the rest of the interview here:

Source: https://www.4ca.com.au/john-mackenzie/87975-has-the-toyah-cordingley-murder-investigation-stalled
John MacKenzie
© 4CA - Cairns

Understanding investigators are probably still working hard at it but there hasn't been any real news on Toyah's murder or Elaine Cartwright in NSW for ages.

This is it, Cairns Post.

MUSICIANS UNITE IN HONOUR OF TOYAH
Musicians unite to raise funds for an in-school violence prevention program, all in the name of Toyah.

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
Headline: "Top cop admits he will likely retire before murder of dog walker, 24, is solved – as main suspect absconds to India"

By Paula Ahillon For Daily Mail Australia and Alana Mazzoni For Daily Mail Australia
01:23 22 Apr 2019, updated 01:23 22 Apr 2019

* QLD police commissioner fears the killer won't be caught before he retires
* It's believed a man the media claimed was a person of interest has left Australia
* Ms Cordingley, 24, was found dead by him on Wangetti Beach in October 2018
* The hunt for her killer continues after she was seen walking her boyfriend's dog

The top cop in the Toyah Cordingley murder investigation admits he will probably be retired before the case is solved.
Queensland Police Commissioner Ian Stewart says he fears the killer of 24-year-old dog walker won't be caught before he retires in July.

people ... who leave the state and in this case, potentially even leave the country, obviously it involves the Australian Federal Police and the countries where these people go to,' Stewart told the Courier Mail.

Stewart confirmed police are working closely with the Australian Federal Police on the 'intense investigation'. What I would say is that (Mr Singh) is a person of interest and obviously at an appropriate time we would hope to at least speak to that person and have conversations with him about this incident,' he said.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...lled-police-try-track-person-moved-india.html

So, now there's some confirmation that the AFP are in involved.
Hopefully we might start hearing a little more about what's going on behind the scenes after months of what was likely a media ban concerning the case.

Just pointing out either an error or potentially some new information. In the order of info in the dot points it says, in short POI left Australia. Next point. Ms Cordingley was found by him....
We know sadly that Toyah's father found his daughter, so is this a printing error? or is this a new piece of information?

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
Headline:
"Police Commissioner Ian Stewart on Toyah Cordingley murder probe six months after death"

Grace Mason And Jacob Miley, The Cairns Post
April 21, 2019 3:26pm

"THE state’s top cop has acknowledged the challenges facing investigators in the Toyah Cordingley’s murder probe with a key “person of interest” overseas."

"Despite previous denials by police that the Australian Federal Police were involved, Mr Stewart confirmed they were working with them on the “intense investigation”.

“When we have people ... who leave the state and in this case, potentially even leave the country, obviously it involves the Australian Federal Police and the countries where these people go to,” he said.

“What I would say is that (Mr Singh) is a person of interest and obviously at an appropriate time we would hope to at least speak to that person and have conversations with him about this incident.
“But there is a process, it is quite an involved process when international law comes into it.
“We are very, very optimistic that we will be able to resolve this investigation over time, but people need to understand that it is a complicating factor when you have a person of interest who’s not in the country.”

Article is locked by subscription but can access via FB page

“What I would say is that (Mr Singh) is a person of interest and obviously at an appropriate time we would hope to at least speak to that person and have conversations with him about this incident.
“But there is a process, it is quite an involved process when international law comes into it.
“We are very, very optimistic that we will be able to resolve this investigation over time, but people need to understand that it is a complicating factor when you have a person of interest who’s not in the country.”

Essentially what they're saying is that Singh is in the wind, he's disappeared among a population of 1.4 BILLION PEOPLE and if he's smart, they won't find him.

If they knew where he was, we'd have heard of moves of him being taken into custody. They have NFI. imo.

Back