Opinion Trade Aggressively

Remove this Banner Ad

Bond has failed again to seriously improve our list and with this draft not being very deep in quality prospective players .
I think we should look at overage players due to our fist pick at 22 .
Does anyone know if there is any quality players in the SANFL that we should be genuinely looking at .

Bond has failed again to seriously improve our list and with this draft not being very deep in quality prospective players .
I think we should look at overage players due to our fist pick at 22 .
Does anyone know if there is any quality players in the SANFL that we should be genuinely looking at .

Hopefully the reason why we did the late trade with GC was so we could draft Mitch Brown at pick 35.

Bond and LLoyd have seriously failed again to get a KPF or KPB . Not only that but they have not done any trading to improve our draft picks so that we would be in a realistic position to draft a quality KPP . Their reluctance to trade players is a real frustration for me . Pavlich would be justified in calling an end to his career IMHO ,we can't expect him to again take on the opposition best backmen for another year .

Has anyone added up the points GWS have with their picks.

I think they have five academy players. Himmelberg is apparantly a similar player to McCarthy. We could kill two birds with one stone, pick up a forward that has decent wraps on him and **** up GWS's plans.

Got enough I believe to get there first three and Himmelberg is their third if I read the play properly, barstards.

Did anyone even get his name???

Still the most stunning performance i've seen at auskick or errr AFL level. Play him out of the square.
The Peel and Fremantle officials got his name and spoke to his Auskick coach . He reminded me of Simon Black only better at the same age .
Just as an example of how good this kid is .
Within 2 minutes into the first half the Peel coach had 2 kids on him . His very next possession was a hand pass to one of his team mates ,ran into space to receive a hand pass ,hand passed to another team mate ,received the ball back took 2 bounces and kicked a goal from 25 meters out . He then ran to his team mates that helped him and gave them high 5's . He was side stepping tackles , blocking for his team mates , kicked and hand passed both sides of his body and got into space for his mates to get the ball to him . Not bad for a 12\13 year old .

I think they have five academy players. Himmelberg is apparantly a similar player to McCarthy. We could kill two birds with one stone, pick up a forward that has decent wraps on him and **** up GWS's plans.

THIS..... Hope we do it!!!!

Bond and LLoyd have seriously failed again to get a KPF or KPB . Not only that but they have not done any trading to improve our draft picks so that we would be in a realistic position to draft a quality KPP . Their reluctance to trade players is a real frustration for me . Pavlich would be justified in calling an end to his career IMHO ,we can't expect him to again take on the opposition best backmen for another year .

One of our great strengths at the moment is once we get kids over here through the draft they seem happy to keep re-signing for the most part. We don't lose many we want to keep compared to most other clubs.

You start offering players around left, right and centre against their will and that may not last long.

One of our great strengths at the moment is once we get kids over here through the draft they seem happy to keep re-signing for the most part. We don't lose many we want to keep compared to most other clubs.

You start offering players around left, right and centre against their will and that may not last long.

Are there any facts to back up this assertion? Like most clubs we have lost a couple (Roberton, Michie) and kept more. Apart from the NSW/Qld clubs I'd say we were no better or worse than anyone else at retention, certainly nothing special

The Peel and Fremantle officials got his name and spoke to his Auskick coach . He reminded me of Simon Black only better at the same age .
Within 2 minutes into the first half the Peel coach had 2 kids on him . His very next possession was a hand pass to one of his team mates ,ran into space to receive a hand pass ,hand passed to another team mate ,received the ball back took 2 bounces and kicked a goal from 25 meters out . He then ran to his team mates that helped him and gave them high 5's . He was side stepping tackles , blocking for his team mates , kicked and hand passed both sides of his body and got into space for his mates to get the ball to him . Not bad for a 12\13 year old .

Let's be bold, let's be aggressive,
In: The Kid
Out: Fyfe

It's so crazy it might just work :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but have we got him signed up yet?

I haven't seen "the kid" play but just going off the stats and what the "watchers" say, he had zero pressure acts. If the kid can't stick a tackle I'm not interested.
You got all the best thunder report so your are the watcher.

Yep. Use our pick 22 to bid Himmelberg.

Everyone realizes it means nothing. They'll just use later picks with equivalent points to pay for him. We won't actually get him.

I'm all for them coughing up value. But it will mean little.

I know we can't get him but it could force GWS hand to use equivalent points earlier selection.

I know we can't get him but it could force GWS hand to use equivalent points earlier selection.

Do we strain the relationship further by bidding or do we let it roll? In the scheme of things a bid means very little. I'd be tempted to bid just in case they passed on him. But I wouldn't bid on midfielders for instance.

Do we strain the relationship further by bidding or do we let it roll? In the scheme of things a bid means very little. I'd be tempted to bid just in case they passed on him. But I wouldn't bid on midfielders for instance.

I really don't know what we should do but they took McCarthy when they knew we were after him and now their actions this week.
We could force them to use an earlier pick on him but like you say, that may bite us on the arse next time we go after Cam.
Himmelberg would be a good pick though.

What a farce the trading has been imo.

GWS made it clear they weren't trading unless you sold the entire house, Freo should have evaluated the other alternatives. What I do know is that Tabs is a project that is 2-3 years away from achieving his full potential, which means other tall fwd options should have been looked at. Black wasn't an entirely bad option, he can score the same numbers as Mayne and well has age on his side!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back