List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt even talking about Stephenson!

Stevo definitely needs nurturing and developing. Not sure his 2019 "achievements" are anything to be bragging about either..His second and third years were write-offs for reasons nobody could have predicted.

Hes an enormous talent and worth perservering with.
No but Kappa was. I believe the reply you quoted was to him, not you.
And no, his suspension made his second year not worth bragging about, but from a statistical and performance perspective, his numbers were up on his first year in nearly every category. He was tracking beautifully, even when he came back in after 10 weeks off.

To those up in arms, cancelling memberships and writing to the club; where were you this time last year? Last year the club forced James Aish to leave whilst under contract, sending him to the other side of Australia. Aish had no family or ties to WA, loved the club and literally bled for it. Aish didn't want to go and said as such in interviews. So where's the outrage?

Might be worth looking inside and finding the real reason why trading Treloar means so much more to you than the other players pushed out the door year after year.

Aish also lived across the road from Longmuir in Melbourne, so I think that’s why he ended up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Matthews said otherwise.
Dave Matthews was wrong. Dave Matthews was under the impression he could do sketchy deals with his brother and trade players to clubs they didn’t want to go to, and then threw a hissy fit when it didn’t work out the way he wanted.
And I know he was wrong because I heard he was going to the pies months before he nominated us from a family member.

I didn't specify a pick in my post.
Collingwood receive: Jeremy Cameron, Angus Brayshaw, Will Brodie, Pick 12
sorry meant pick 12. And you said go to the draft and get Reef and Callow. The only two picks we have to do that with are 12 and 37 in that scenario.

sorry meant pick 12. And you said go to the draft and get Reef and Callow.

I said target them but didn't specify with which picks. But I guess it'd need to be 12 for Callow as 35 would be needed for Reef. I really like Callow as a prospect. Would also be happy with Nic Cox.

I said target them but didn't specify with which picks. But I guess it'd need to be 12 for Callow as 35 would be needed for Reef. I really like Callow as a prospect. Would also be happy with Nic Cox.
I like Callow, but I don’t think he’d be a possibility at 12. We’re much more likely to go for Cox or a slider from the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very simple but important distinction - we'd already previously committed to Treloar long-term and it's clear that he is not only in our best 22 but is part of that 6-8 strong core group of top level players that the rest of our team is built around.

Aish was a Fringe player for 2-3 years and we never forced him to go to Fremantle - we just had the difficult conversation with him that he'd struggle for opportunity at Collingwood despite having a further two years to run and encouraged him to look for opportunity elsewhere (that's how the whole "put him on the trade table" narrative started). Fremantle (pushed by Justin Longmuir) came with a very attractive offer and he decided to take it.

As an aside this all begs a very simple question - what exactly makes you the moral arbiter for opinions or feelings other supporters may feel inclined to express on the board?
Party his is an opinion too.

As an aside this all begs a very simple question - what exactly makes you the moral arbiter for opinions or feelings other supporters may feel inclined to express on the board?
Remember Balkie from the early nineties sitcom Perfect Strangers? Well I met him once and he said that I could be the moral arbiter for opinions or feelings other supporters may feel inclined to express on the board.

Dave Matthews was wrong. Dave Matthews was under the impression he could do sketchy deals with his brother and trade players to clubs they didn’t want to go to, and then threw a hissy fit when it didn’t work out the way he wanted.
And I know he was wrong because I heard he was going to the pies months before he nominated us from a family member.
You’re wrong. Treloar was set on Richmond, then came Eddie and a trump offer. This was well known before Dave Matthews came out last year and confirmed it.

Agree with that. I see him around 18-30
Consensus phantom has him at 27, so you could be right on that one, however the nature of this draft means it’s going to have a lot of bolters and sliders after the first 10 or so, so he could go earlier or much later.

You’re wrong. Treloar was set on Richmond, then came Eddie and a trump offer. This was well known before Dave Matthews came out last year and confirmed it.
Yeah ok mate, the member of Treloars family who said he was off to the pies in like June that year was just telling me porkies lol. There’s a reason that Barrett maintained throughout the whole year that he was going nowhere but Collingwood, even when that hag Caro and her Richmond journo mates were all screaming that he was tigers bound.

I like Callow, but I don’t think he’d be a possibility at 12. We’re much more likely to go for Cox or a slider from the top 10.
Is Cox the guy that makes Tim English look like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back