List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No but Kappa was. I believe the reply you quoted was to him, not you.
And no, his suspension made his second year not worth bragging about, but from a statistical and performance perspective, his numbers were up on his first year in nearly every category. He was tracking beautifully, even when he came back in after 10 weeks off.
Sadly he was smashing it in his second year before his brain fade.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do not cave and give Mihocek 4 years.
And especially do not cave on money.

This is the perfect test —-repeat the failings of the past, or learn and take it in a new direction.

No way he should be getting 4 years.
Yep. 3 years with a trigger for a 4th if he’s hitting kpi’s we expect.

I would most certainly complain - Melbourne are the BIG winners. They will go get Brown who is an upgrade on McDonald and they get Phillips.

We get a list clogger, that i believe Buckley will play in defence.

Kicked 52 Goals 2 Years and Let Moore Go Forward.

He won't be a List Clogger and Phillips is Overrated

I would most certainly complain - Melbourne are the BIG winners. They will go get Brown who is an upgrade on McDonald and they get Phillips.

We get a list clogger, that i believe Buckley will play in defence.
Yeah I wouldn’t be thrilled with that. Phillips is meant to be a salary dump, what’s the point of trading him for a player with an even bigger contract?

Trading a 24 year-old one-year wonder for a 28 year-old one-year wonder? Pass, even if it does give us depth at a position of need. Think we can do better and get draft capital for Flip
2 year wonder to be fair to Phillips. He was very good in 2018 and 2019. I also think he’ll perform much better again back in a wing in longer quarters.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
2 year wonder to be fair to Phillips. He was very good in 2018 and 2019. I also think he’ll perform much better again back in a wing in longer quarters.
I did misrepresent Flip, my bad. Goes even further to my point of thinking that trade would suck of us. O-Mac looks cooked as.

Phillips certainly should go back to his usual accumulation and gut running in normal length games, I just think having Daicos and Sidey have made him hard to fit in the team. He also seems to wilt more than those two

omen_au

Senior List
Oct 2, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pistons, Liverpool
More rumours That come out the more I believe it’s April 1st.

I only hope the club is telling players when the rumours are false. Or else it’s creating a very unstable setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading a 24 year-old one-year wonder for a 28 year-old one-year wonder? Pass, even if it does give us depth at a position of need. Think we can do better and get draft capital for Flip
Mcdonald is only a one year wonder as a forward, he was a good fullback for a few years. I think he's an upgrade on Roughy.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
T Mac signed a 4 year deal after 2018 so you can bet it’s around 650-700k.There’s a reason melb are thing to move him on, same as us trying to move Phillips. Way to big salaries for their input! Pass.

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
He was drafted with pick 6, Rising star award in 2018, 50 games of development into him, you’d be wanting better than pick 6 to even consider trading him.

I think if Treloar forces pies hand and stays Stephenson and Phillips get pushed out.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Mcdonald is only a one year wonder as a forward, he was a good fullback for a few years. I think he's an upgrade on Roughy.
Still? Roughy had an up and down year, but I don't know if McDonald has the ability to play back anymore with how plodding he looks.

Roughead is a plodder too, but he's 6cm taller than McDonald and only 2 years his elder. Would want to look elsewhere for a mediocre FB given how much $ McDonald seems to be on

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Yeah I wouldn’t be thrilled with that. Phillips is meant to be a salary dump, what’s the point of trading him for a player with an even bigger contract?

It would be attractive if we renegotiated McDonalds contract. Otherwise you'd want to steer clear.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I did misrepresent Flip, my bad. Goes even further to my point of thinking that trade would suck of us. O-Mac looks cooked as.

Phillips certainly should go back to his usual accumulation and gut running in normal length games, I just think having Daicos and Sidey have made him hard to fit in the team. He also seems to wilt more than those two

I think McDonald is being played out of position. In defence I think you'd get a very different player.

Still? Roughy had an up and down year, but I don't know if McDonald has the ability to play back anymore with how plodding he looks.

Roughead is a plodder too, but he's 6cm taller than McDonald and only 2 years his elder. Would want to look elsewhere for a mediocre FB given how much $ McDonald seems to be on
I haven't paid any attention to how he's tracking tbh. I used to watch the Dees a fair bit when he played defence and he could really play, but if he's now plodding - maybe not.

Oscar on the other hand - I never understood why he got a game in a team not desperate for kpd.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
If McDonald and Phillips are on similar salary then why not. Better chance of McDonald being handy for us next year than Phillips.
McDonald could turn out best 22 like Roughead and Dunn unexpecedly did

We have some real head scratchers as supporters. McDonald is very good player, more than handy defender and could easily kick 50 goals a year for us. It was Melbourne who ****ed him up by telling him to put on weight in 2019 because he was already bash and crash forward who kicked over 50 goals and started that year in defence, he is already in training because he wants to change his body shape back to 2018, what else does the poor bloke have to do, he is exactly the forward we need

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't paid any attention to how he's tracking tbh. I used to watch the Dees a fair bit when he played defence and he could really play, but if he's now plodding - maybe not.

Oscar on the other hand - I never understood why he got a game in a team not desperate for kpd.

The people posting he is a plodder are the actual plodders, he's exactly the FORWARD we need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back