List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about that logic (which is perfectly fine in itself... drooling over the next batch)......is that a few years ago we might have said "what if trading player x for pick 7 nets us Jordan Stephenson"......

And everbody would have agreed....Yeah hes the kind of player we need".

Thats all well and good Timmy but if the club look to move him on there is little value in "being done with the club" which my post was in response too.

There will always be players who come in and take the mantle of the new favourite sons.

We have some real head scratchers as supporters. McDonald is very good player, more than handy defender and could easily kick 50 goals a year for us. It was Melbourne who f’ed him up by telling him to put on weight in 2019 because he was already bash and crash forward who kicked over 50 goals and started that year in defence, he is already in training because he wants to change his body shape back to 2018, what else does the poor bloke have to do, he is exactly the forward we need
I never actually stated in my post that I want McDonald to be the CHB. Just that he could surprise us and be in the best 22.
That being said, McDonald is not going to turn into Tony Lockett like you think he is, or even get close to his form from *3* years ago, ever again.

McDonald and Phillips.......
Could be the next Freeman & Shaz.

Could be the next Franklin and Hodge.

Or Jarryd Roughead and Pendles.

Or Reid and Sidebottom.

Or Moore and Degoey.

Or Selwood and Hawkins.

N.Riewoldt and Ball.

Or etc etc.

We have some real head scratchers as supporters. McDonald is very good player, more than handy defender and could easily kick 50 goals a year for us. It was Melbourne who f’ed him up by telling him to put on weight in 2019 because he was already bash and crash forward who kicked over 50 goals and started that year in defence, he is already in training because he wants to change his body shape back to 2018, what else does the poor bloke have to do, he is exactly the forward we need
Then why are melb open to getting rid of him?.... You want more mediocre players on 700k on our list?

The people posting he is a plodder are the actual plodders, he's exactly the FORWARD we need
You really seem to like judging Melbourne players on what they were like 2 years ago. First Jetta and now T Mac. These are guys that aren’t even close to at their best anymore and are very unlikely to get back to where they were. Although I’d say the odds are better for T Mac because of his age. Not keen on taking that gamble with that monster contract of his though.

Looking back, the 2009 was a big one that Melbourne somehow stuffed up, worse than Ive ever seen any club do.
Granted, they got Gawn with a later pick. However, they drafted Scully and Trengove ahead of Dustin Martin and Ben Cunnington, then Gysberts and Tapscott ahead of Fyfe, and also passed on Talia, Sheppard, Gunston, Mitch Duncan and others.

Imagine if Melbourne, the struggling club that everyone was laughing at, had picked, say, Gawn, Martin, Fyfe, Cunnington and Gunston. Wow

Party his is an opinion too.
Do not cave and give Mihocek 4 years.
And especially do not cave on money.

This is the perfect test —-repeat the failings of the past, or learn and take it in a new direction.

No way he should be getting 4 years.

There years plus trigger for a fourth year on less money is fine for Mihocek. He looks like a player who will comfortably continue to produce at a similar level for the next few years.

The number does need to be right though as he's not getting the $500k+ per year that a team like Freo might be able to offer if he stays with us.

People advocating for the McDonald move as something that is going to win us a premiership, simply because he kicked 50 goals in 2018, are forgetting that the following players also recorded these outlier goal numbers in that exact same season:

Josh Thomas 38
Will Hoskin-Elliott 42
Josh Caddy 46
Josh Jenkins 46

If we didnt have WHE or Thomas and were targeting them, posters on here would go nuts

Under the same logic we overpaid for Pendlebury as well, because most believed he wasn't worth pick 5. We salvaged that one alright.

Ay?

What you're looking for is if pendles would be available at the 2nd round (which he wasnt going to be) then we technically would of over paid because you could of got him anyway type of comparison.

The 2 arent the same. Sam Murray and Beams are the same/similar did we over pay there or not?

You really seem to like judging Melbourne players on what they were like 2 years ago. First Jetta and now T Mac. These are guys that aren’t even close to at their best anymore and are very unlikely to get back to where they were. Although I’d say the odds are better for T Mac because of his age. Not keen on taking that gamble with that monster contract of his though.
Fairly sure Melbourne will pay some of that contract, I don't even know if we are chasing T.Mc but I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what he might bring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why are melb open to getting rid of him?.... You want more mediocre players on 700k on our list?
Because they are getting B.Brown and they already have that peaheart Weideman, they are getting rid of the wrong bloke. Same reason we are getting rid of Treloar, surplus to needs. You could ask the same question as to why we are getting rid of Treloar

Thats all well and good Timmy but if the club look to move him on there is little value in "being done with the club" which my post was in response too.

There will always be players who come in and take the mantle of the new favourite sons.

I was making no comments about what may or may not be going on behind the scenes to make the club (allegedly) want to shop him around. Except to say... if hes hard to manage for whatever reason.........thats the reason Bucks is getting paid the big bucks!!!! Its his job to motivate mentor and encourage.

Agree if he goes we should be able to replace him with another highly rated player. But it shouldnt be our preferred choice.

Fairly sure Melbourne will pay some of that contract, I don't even know if we are chasing T.Mc but I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what he might bring
Man, sorry I just don’t trust your judgement after you were so hot on Jetta. Talk from Melbourne posters is that he’s not just cooked, he’s completely scorched. I really can’t see the justification in bringing in T Mac based on what he did in one season 2 years ago.

Looking back, the 2009 was a big one that Melbourne somehow stuffed up, worse than Ive ever seen any club do.
Granted, they got Gawn with a later pick. However, they drafted Scully and Trengove ahead of Dustin Martin and Ben Cunnington, then Gysberts and Tapscott ahead of Fyfe, and also passed on Talia, Sheppard, Gunston, Mitch Duncan and others.

Imagine if Melbourne, the struggling club that everyone was laughing at, had picked, say, Gawn, Martin, Fyfe, Cunnington and Gunston. Wow
Knowing them they would have found a way to fluff all of those talents

I was making no comments about what may or may not be going on behind the scenes to make the club (allegedly) want to shop him around. Except to say... if hes hard to manage for whatever reason.........thats the reason Bucks is getting paid the big bucks!!!! Its his job to motivate mentor and encourage.

Agree if he goes we should be able to replace him with another highly rated player. But it shouldnt be our preferred choice.

Its not my preffered choice but if it happens it happens.

Prefferably we keep all high end young talent types and look to add to them.

But sometimes it doesnt work out and you part ways. Imo it's best to make the most of it if certain parties arent happy rather then drag it out.

Man, sorry I just don’t trust your judgement after you were so hot on Jetta. Talk from Melbourne posters is that he’s not just cooked, he’s completely scorched. I really can’t see the justification in bringing in T Mac based on what he did in one season 2 years ago.
WTF has Jetta got to do with it? I'm taliking about T.Mc. Go back over your own posts and discover your own garbage, you can't see past your nose.

Ay?

What you're looking for is if pendles would be available at the 2nd round (which he wasnt going to be) then we technically would of over paid because you could of got him anyway type of comparison.

The 2 arent the same. Sam Murray and Beams are the same/similar did we over pay there or not?

But we don't know if WE could have gotten Treloar cheaper, regardless of brotherly rates that may have been negotiated.

I don't really see a difference between using the value of a draft pick in the draft rather than using its value in a trade. At the time, it may have been felt that we paid too much for Treloar, just like it was felt we paid too much for Pendles, but only in retrospect can you tell if the draft pick investment has reaped good value and to me Treloar wasn't an example of us losing on the investment, unless we really * it up from here. (which is looking probable)

We lost on Beams and Murray, although if it wasn't for the drugs ban, Murray might have ended up OK.

Phillips is frustrating and happy to move him on for a pick and cap relief, but he has some strengths.

His running ability has him push deep into def 50 to help out or be a relieving option out of deference, he can push hard for an option into space, or push hard into forward 50 to be on the end of a goal.

If he was on much less than reported you’d hold onto him

Dave Matthews said otherwise.
LOL Dave Matthews.

Seriously thought he could shove Treloar to the club of his choice, his brother Simon's club, the Tiges.
Got very angry when it didn't happen.

Pic of him at the time.

HNtAk8m.jpg

Holds up well to this day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back