List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want a Official Announcement 1st

Watch this space doesn’t mean he’s coming Dave, just that we’re interested. Do you want an official announcement that we might be interested in a player...?

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rumour going around that Ned Guy threatened to resign over the weekend
Wouldn't surprise me that he goes after this trade period.

It's already been a PR disaster with the Treloar fiasco, but for the list manager to quit before trading period begins, it would confirm we are worst football administration in the league. Club probably wants to keep it quiet, get through this trade period, then let Guy go.

Another fall "guy" for Eddie. Pun fully intended.

Pies don't need to say anything. Supporters always have a go at Collingwood for leaking internal affairs and now you want then to say something.
Let the scumbag media, mostly Carlscum supporters, have their fun. They will need to apologize one day.
Trading starts tomorrow. All will be revealed.
I don’t get this argument. Internal affairs are still clearly leaking out. If they weren’t we wouldn’t be in this Treloar shitstorm. By the same account, the club isn’t saying anything publicly. That’s not holding in leaks, that’s just refusing to make public statements.
So yes, people are rightly having a go at Collingwood for having their dirty laundry leaked, and they’re rightly having a go at them for not addressing these leaks publicly, which is just fuelling further speculation. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

Trash wasn't thrown at the leadership group.

I still think that scenario about not wanting it to be attached to any individual that you're describing amounts to the same thing that I'm concerned about - ignore all rumours about individual players, only respond if it's a rumour about an individual in leadership.
The rumours spread by the media haven't been malicious towards Treloar. If anything they are painting him in a good light, which is the right thing to do. The most recent one however was muck raking at it's finest. Whether it's true or not, no party stood to gain from that being released to the public, except for the journo who should honesty hang his head in shame that this has become he depth he has to sink to get any kind of recognition. I was actually starting to gain a glimmer of respect back after the media collectively closed ranks on the Rhys Shaw story. It didn't last unfortunately.

TRS - fair enough, but you are a very small sample of the total number of posters here, so I'd say it was a whisper not a howl.
There were a lot of people here who were very unhappy at the time about giving up two firsts for Treloar...

jatsad

All Australian
Jan 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t get this argument. Internal affairs are still clearly leaking out. If they weren’t we wouldn’t be in this Treloar shitstorm. By the same account, the club isn’t saying anything publicly. That’s not holding in leaks, that’s just refusing to make public statements.
So yes, people are rightly having a go at Collingwood for having their dirty laundry leaked, and they’re rightly having a go at them for not addressing these leaks publicly, which is just fuelling further speculation. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.
So you know for sure that information is being leaked and it's not just media talk?
You must have some great inside sources.
The Treloar situation started the day his partner's situation was announced. It has snowballed since then.

gopies123

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
No Reef McInnes?? Half the people that post draft and trade options leave out Reef. Is it by accident or don't they rate him?? Very few also have him in the 2021 team, again is it because they don't think he will be there first up??

I would say accident. Looks a jet. Reckon he’ll be the surprise of the pack!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which rumours? The salaries were based on rumours. Offer to Cameron.

In other posts the story of Treloar asking for 3 days off in Qld a week, the story that the club are doing it over concern about Adz mental health - basically every rumour that supports your narrative.

So are you saying by choosing not to accept the catastrophising that I'm being unrealistic?

As I've said before, nothing is as good or as bad as people think. The truth always lies somewhere in the middle.
I take a balanced view, based on facts - eg given the FACT the club has gone to great lengths to create a supportive environment for the players, as depicted in the documentary, is it likely we are treating AT with the callousness being reported?
Clearly my conclusion this is unlikely, is not a guess, but based on the facts. Further, given the supportive environment, is it not also very likely, our concern for AT's mental health is actually true?

I have no facts to prove the 3 day narrative is correct - but does it pass the sniff test ie. that AT wants to be with his family during the week?

So you know for sure that information is being leaked and it's not just media talk?
The Treloar situation started the day his partner's situation was announced. It has snowballed since then.
Mate, journos are scum but they’re not going to run with some of the really specific stuff they’ve put out unless they’re confident in their sources, and the only people that would be privy to this stuff would be connected to Collingwood or Treloar. Stop being so naive.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Pfft happiest day of my life was beating them 30 years ago, save the tinfoil hat for someone else fella.

Wasn't necessarily saying you're Essendon, but this is the sort of crap you'd expect to see there so feel free to take it over to their board.

pies 4 ever

Senior List
Jan 18, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reefs endurance is currently pretty poor. Whether or not a preseason fixes that is up for debate, but as it currently stands he probably wouldn’t be in line for an early debut because he won’t be able to run a game out.
Fair enough, wasn't sure abut his fitness, but he will have 4 months to work on it and as there was no comp this year, I would be surprised if Coll. had not put him on a training sched. to build that up. My real comment was on people often leaving him out of their list coming to us.

First time in the years I've been listening to TR that Pies have been on it.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was on it a couple years ago, though believe it was on the day of the combine. But to put him up tomorrow will be so important especially given everything being talked about. Maybe we'll get some answers.

If there's no truth to the story, the decision to not say Adam Treloar is a required player, and thus allow it to get to this, has to go down as an absolute shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back