List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be asking questions of Ben Ainsworth at the GC. Understand we may have salary cap restraints, but he is only 23, was drafted pick 4 and has shown he can play. See if Wrighty can work his magic in securing a bargain.

Why has Ainsworth been dropped?

Really hope Tom Morris quit his job after suggesting pick 3 could be used for Weideman..

Be a reasonable deal if you were getting pick 4 and a 2nd rounder back along with the Weid.

Lipinski had 31 disposals, kicked 3.2 and 6 tackles in the VFL against the Cats

Schache kicked 6 goals :p

Would love out of contract Lipinski... class act... but he won’t come cheap.

Readying myself for a torrent of abuse lol but...

Schache I’d take if the KPF rich Dogs want to move him on for a salary dump, junk pick trade. Still only 23... good cheap short to mid term forward-ruck forward depth in the event Cox goes elsewhere as expected

McMahon, Johnson, Beeg are all still speculative, not a lot of forward options after that if Mihocek, Cameron get injured

For minimal trade and wage expense there are worst depth options than another 1 goal a game forward.

I’d prefer Riccardi but who knows what will be available at years end for a part of the ground we are seriously lacking depth in

need to remember that schache is not a key forward… at all. He’s kinda like a taller Nathan Murphy without the courage…

Thomas is a RFA so why would anyone trade for him?
Because if you look at their picks they have 3 inside 22 and then 4 more from 42 onwards. If they don't use more than 3 picks (which is what they did last year or the year before) then there's no reason not to use them for trades.

Because if you look at their picks they have 3 inside 22 and then 4 more from 42 onwards. If they don't use more than 3 picks (which is what they did last year or the year before) then there's no reason not to use them for trades.
The draft is the last thing they need right now. They have enough kids. They need experience.

The draft is the last thing they need right now. They have enough kids. They need experience.
Exactly. That's why they take 2 reasonable kids with picks 19 and 22 (if they plan to use pick 3 for a very good player) and then they use later picks to trade for role players as they're unlikely to use picks 42 onwards in the draft.

Which is why I was suggesting we offer Thomas for pick 42. They get experienced player who grew up in Qld and still has a few years left while we get points that we need plus free up cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't be holding my breathe. They could equally parcel those picks up for a better pick in 2022 and still grab a free agent like Thomas. Means they get experience and strengthen their draft hand going forward.

Exactly. That's why they take 2 reasonable kids with picks 19 and 22 (if they plan to use pick 3 for a very good player) and then they use later picks to trade for role players as they're unlikely to use picks 42 onwards in the draft.

Which is why I was suggesting we offer Thomas for pick 42. They get experienced player who grew up in Qld and still has a few years left while we get points that we need plus free up cap space.

Thomas is an unrestricted free agent. Gold Coast can get him for free if they want and he's keen.

I won't be holding my breathe. They could equally parcel those picks up for a better pick in 2022 and still grab a free agent like Thomas. Means they get experience and strengthen their draft hand going forward.
They wouldn't want Thomas. They've got exciting kids to play high hf. They need experience and grunt for central roles whilst their kids are developing

Pendlebury is untouchable in my opinion. But trading Sidebottom to a team like Gold Coast or a player swap for a younger player like Fiorini, Ainsworth etc would be ideal imo
Why would that be ideal? Trading him for picks is one thing, trading him for guys who can't get into the Gold Coast 22 like the two you mentioned is another

Why would that be ideal? Trading him for picks is one thing, trading him for guys who can't get into the Gold Coast 22 like the two you mentioned is another

Both Fiorini and Ainsworth just examples.. but young enough to have a long career. Just out of favour under Dew.

Fiorini playing well as a rebounding defender this year. Probably just needs a role change. Ainsworth still young.

Or we stick with Steele and get maybe 50 more games out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back