List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO be honest that feels bad. It feels like the vultures are circling sensing some easy pickings.
There's quite a few on here who suspect that there may be some underlying issues. Surely these "experts" can see that...but....
no, let's kick him while we can.

FWIW I thought he was awful last week until the dogs got on top - then he got plenty of it. Plenty of "journos" had him in their best.
Fickle
Whatever gets the clicks . . .

TO be honest that feels bad. It feels like the vultures are circling sensing some easy pickings.
There's quite a few on here who suspect that there may be some underlying issues. Surely these "experts" can see that...but....

FWIW I thought he was awful last week until the dogs got on top - then he got plenty of it. Plenty of "journos" had him in their best.
Fickle

Fickle
It looks like he’s nervous about his body. Saving himself and trying to get through unscathed.

Seem that Lachie has pulled the old front ended contract trick

He might have a front end contract, but unlike heaps of blokes in the AFL, I'm pretty confident that he hasn't been overpaid for his last three years. During his time in Brissy, he was probably the best player in the AFL.

Fickle
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I get the impression Treloar's heart is not in it at the Dogs the way it was with us.

He's formed a strong friendship with Josh Dunkley which has helped his transition to his new club, but he was genuinely heartbroken when he was offloaded by us and hasn't regained the same passion as he once did.

We'll still owe him money and as far as I know we'll still have a separate contract with him. barrackers or someone might have a better understanding though.
Not a situation I've looked into, but I agree with the general comments of others. The AFL's ruling when there was conjecture about who was paying Treloar what is we had an initial contract with Treloar and had to make up the balance of what the 'dogs wouldn't cover. Not sure who holds what contracts with Treloar, but unless there's a clause reducing our liability should Treloar be on-traded the only way can I see our financial burden to Treloar being reduced is in the unlikely event that a future club agreed to pay Treloar more than what the 'dogs are. I say unlikely as why would they pay more than the dogs with our amount set and us not part of the trade negotiation?

With the 'dogs agreeing to take on a certain amount they'd be seemingly be locked into that and any balance like we were with his initial contract. Therefore we wouldn't be on the hook for more.

Using the numbers rumoured:

Total wage: 900k

Currently
Collingwood locked into: 300k
WB: 600k

If a future club paid less than 600k the dogs make up the balance. If a future club paid more than 600k I'd assume* our part would reduce.

*In the unlikely event that a club agreed to take on more than 600k the unknown becomes how much we paid of that in 2021. As seen with Beams' front loading the only way the lions could recoup that spend is via better draft picks at the trade table. If a club paid more than the 'dogs commitment and we've front loaded our liability is it even possible to get that back?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I get the impression Treloar's heart is not in it at the Dogs the way it was with us.

He's formed a strong friendship with Josh Dunkley which has helped his transition to his new club, but he was genuinely heartbroken when he was offloaded by us and hasn't regained the same passion as he once did.
Maybe I've read too much into it as well, but I have a similar sense after hearing his colgate advert. Seems his main focus is a flag and I wouldn't be surprised if he retired should he achieve that.

Pretty much agree but when he went to Brisbane he would not have been aware that 2 years down the track he would not be allowed enter WA if and when he pleases. I can understand to some extent that his Missus (and him) want some surety that they can have family about. 2 years ago they would have assumed that they could cross the country whenever it suited them. With how things are these days, who knows whats going to be the case.
Covid stuffed a lot of things up for a lot of people. Not taking the piss. Just telling it like everyone already knows.

Of course you’re not immune to catching it. If we’re going to take that shitty approach then we’ll be locked down forever. There’s a point where we have to start treating this the same as if there’s a gastro or flu outbreak at a club, yeah, a number of people got sick, but we get the fk on with it because the majority/all of the playing group and coaching staff are vaccinated.
Aka the Swans

Pretty much agree but when he went to Brisbane he would not have been aware that 2 years down the track he would not be allowed enter WA if and when he pleases. I can understand to some extent that his Missus (and him) want some surety that they can have family about. 2 years ago they would have assumed that they could cross the country whenever it suited them. With how things are these days, who knows whats going to be the case.
I've been an expat throughout the pandemic. I know heaps of people who've broken contract to go home and be with family. I also know of a few employers who have upheld all the penalty clauses for those who have broken contract. Those emplooyers are now losing a heap of staff who are out of contract - not to go home, but to move somewhere else. Basically, the employers who haven't been able to empathise and let people out of contracts are scumbag employers, and people don't want to work for them. Most employers have been understanding though and have let people go. Brissy will let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Claiming he needs to return for ‘family reasons’ automatically puts Brisbane in an awkward and potentially weaker position in trade negotiations due to PR and player welfare implications. Hopefully they stand firm and tell Neale they won’t trade him unless Freo comes up with an extremely good deal, particularly given his current contract is front loaded and he’s cashed in on the bulk part of it already.

You know I love your work mate, but I think you’re missing the mark on this one. For me the dead giveaway is that it’s back to Perth for family reasons. Basically his partner’s going and I don’t know about you, but if my partners going interstate for the birth of my first child I’m going with her.

Yeah things will open up post vaccination targets, but watching this one play out in my own family I think Brisbane would be nuts to stand in Lachie’s way (unless the Dockers lowball which they won’t). One element it reinforces for me is the need to further open up trading flexibility such as future pick trading 3 years in advance, protected pick trading (would have been a godsend for us…) and cap space trading. For instance Lachie Neale for pick 6 and $600k in salary cap space over the next 3 years would be hard to turn down.

Not sure where else to put this but I found this interesting article which nicely encapsulates where we are at (obviously written before fly was appointed)

As a side note, it’s a really good website that I just happened to stumbled across. These articles are really enlightening given our rebuild:

Well he was at one time, now appears withdrawn and sometimes almost disinterested - there were times during the last few games he tossed his head about when he realized he would have to chase.

Not the player he was at present - perhaps Craig can reach him.
You saw him toss his head literally one time in the final game of the season and you keep on posting about it as if it was every week, ffs

Young Brodes just puts Mumford flat on his rrrrs and walks away totally unconcerned
Mummy has pretty much had it over Brodes ever since.
I wonder if he’s interested in a ruck coaching job?

Not sure Cox appeals nor does he suit our game plan. Immobile as a forward and crap as a ruck. Lynch has potential but we need the 25 year old version of him next year not the 22 year old one.

You had me until here. He’s top 10 league wide in that role and v Martin in 2022 it’s not even close. Reading through you’re also wide of the mark on Lynch. With no Grundy he’d have played every match this season and be around the same level as Cox. The catch is you aren’t getting the same level of forward craft and aerially he’s poor. If Lipinski nominates Collingwood and you wound up with Cox you’d be complete aside from a standout KPD, IMO.

Endurance beasts can sometimes be terrible tacklers because they are just so whacked from continually running and providing options up and down the field.

Can't have it both ways.

And because they’re not “quick” (and possibly, yeah, gassed) they don’t get into good position to tackle before getting stepped. They throw arm tackles, because they haven’t had time to get their bodyweight moving in the right direction.

And because they’re not “quick” (and possibly, yeah, gassed) they don’t get into good position to tackle before getting stepped. They throw arm tackles, because they haven’t had time to get their bodyweight moving in the right direction.

Do you ever get the feeling this is Collingwood all the time? I personally think it’s technique because Cyril Rioli’s endurance was poor yet he was alongside Libba Snr as the best pound for pound body tackler I’ve seen.

Agreed - as we learned with Phillips endurance is great so long as it's not the only attribute a player possesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back