List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha, good point. Hawks have a few KPFs.
View attachment 1228353
Hawks will want to hang onto Gunston, Koschitzke & Lewis.

This is what I like about the hawks under GW. Rather than sitting on their hands... they recruited several fringe KPP... knowing that only a couple might go on and play 50 games plus.

Still I’d take speculative kids late in the draft who have at least played footy their whole lives rather than basketball or soccer converts

The amount of times I've seen him needlessly go for a bump instead of tackle drives me nuts
I think he's got short arms or perhaps too big a chest and it affects his ball drop too. It's like his chest is too big for him to get his arms all the way around his opponent or drop the ball close to his foot.

Hope we are ready to throw the book at Ben King.

Finished outside the top 10 of the clubs B&F despite kicking 47 goals and Nick Holman finished 9th after missing 6 games and averaging 13 touches.

Absolute disgrace if you ask me, and not sure how King would be taking that either. Come home son, we will welcome you.

I think he's got short arms or perhaps too big a chest and it affects his ball drop too. It's like his chest is too big for him to get his arms all the way around his opponent or drop the ball close to his foot.
Absolutely something he needs to work on but then again Tackling wasn't Swannies thing although he was busy dealing with leather poisoning.

Hope we are ready to throw the book at Ben King.

Finished outside the top 10 of the clubs B&F despite kicking 47 goals and Nick Holman finished 9th after missing 6 games and averaging 13 touches.

Absolute disgrace if you ask me, and not sure how King would be taking that either. Come home son, we will welcome you.
Thats such a misconception.
After round 20 he was in the top 10... then last 2 out of 3 rounds, he was kept goalless. So he got unfortunate and fell out.
If anyone displaced him in that top 10 between round 20 and round 23, it was Noah Anderson, who wasn't in the top 10 after round 20

Thats such a misconception.
After round 20 he was in the top 10... then last 2 out of 3 rounds, he was kept goalless. So he got unfortunate and fell out.

Jen, you kick 47 goals and can’t manage to finish in the top 10 of a team who finished 3rd last on 7 wins, you’d be unhappy. Holman missed the last month of football and finished above him? King is a product of the work up the field which was garbage, him kicking 47 goals in that team is extraordinary.
Plus he’s a guy who is OOC at the end of next year and you basically kick him in the guts with that. Sorry but I disagree.
15 times a multiple goal kicker and kicked 3 or more on 10 occasions, he absolutely should’ve been in there.

Jen, you kick 47 goals and can’t manage to finish in the top 10, Holman missed the last month of football and finished above him? King is a product of the work up the field which was garbage, him kicking 47 goals in that team is extraordinary.
Plus he’s a guy who is OOC at the end of next year and you basically kick him in the guts with that. Sorry but I disagree.
15 times a multiple goal kicker and kicked 3 or more on 10 occasions, he absolutely should’ve been in there.
He only averaged 8 possessions a game. And his second half of the year was pretty ordinary - 15 goals in 11 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jen, you kick 47 goals and can’t manage to finish in the top 10 of a team who finished 3rd last on 7 wins, you’d be unhappy. Holman missed the last month of football and finished above him? King is a product of the work up the field which was garbage, him kicking 47 goals in that team is extraordinary.
Checkers has never been higher than 8th on our copeland award.

Whats it got to do with Holman? he was 6th after round 20. Noah Anderson had a great last month and pushed King out just.

There clearly is more that goes into voting process than goals.

He only averaged 8 possessions a game. And his second half of the year was pretty ordinary - 15 goals in 11 games.
Goalless in their win v Cartlon and loss against essendon. Kicked 4 v swans, but that game was a smashing hard to remember if they were cheap goals. and only got 8 touches.

Possession tally for a tall forward is based primarily on the delivery from up field. The fact he kicked nearly 50 goals from only 8 touches a game should be a testament to him, not a reason to criticise.

I can't understand the discussions around Weideman. Hope the club aren't interested.

I hope we get him because I think in a new environment he will become a pretty good 35/40 goal forward.

Will he be a superstar? I don't think so kid has some talent, happy take a chance on him.

Everything we hear about our new coach is he is a teacher and that's why he is so good with younger players. Weid is still a kid.

Possession tally for a tall forward is based primarily on the delivery from up field. The fact he kicked nearly 50 goals from only 8 touches a game should be a testament to him, not a reason to criticise.

Spot on. The lack of recognition is blaming the processes up field, rather than the significance of what he actually was able to achieve with the supply he was given. Testament to what he did imo

Spot on. The lack of recognition is blaming the processes up field, rather than the significance of what he actually was able to achieve with the supply he was given. Testament to what he did imo
He won their Goal Kicking award at least. Seriously though, I wouldn't read too much into B&F votes for Full Forwards, like the Brownlow, it's a midfielders award. Agree, they need to be more recognised.

In regards to Ben King, he kicked 3 or more goals in 10 games. He kicked 2 or more goals in 15 games.

In a team that averages 9 goals a game, he contributed more than 20% of their score for 15 games.

82 scoring shots for the whole year. Averaged about 4 a game.

Something ain’t right.

Checkers has never been higher than 8th on our copeland award.

Whats it got to do with Holman? he was 6th after round 20. Noah Anderson had a great last month and pushed King out just.

There clearly is more that goes into voting process than goals.

When was the last time Checkers got over 36 goals in a season? He hasn’t. That’s the problem.

I understand but the voting is flawed. How Holman can finish above him averaging 13 touches and 4 marks whilst kicking 10 goals is gobsmacking.

When was the last time Checkers got over 36 goals in a season? He hasn’t. That’s the problem.

I understand but the voting is flawed. How Holman can finish above him averaging 13 touches and 4 marks whilst kicking 10 goals is gobsmacking.
What else does Holman do? Pressure and tackle. Coaches love that kind of thing. He is their version of McCreery.
Whether we agree or not. Certain voting systems in these awards won't please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back