List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make completely no sense for them to, and deprive the player they know they can get in Horne, being classified the number one pick. Considering Daic's has committed to Collingwood on a 4 year deal already.
Of course it makes no sense but it has nothing to do with that.

I knew that was his idea, and when I first read it I absolutely hated it.

Obviously no matter when a bid comes for Daicos were going to match it... and all clubs know that.

But say if GWS bid on Darcy, imagine if the Bulldogs said no and let them have him on the basis that they could swoop in with Pick 3 and take Callaghan or someone else they potentially rate higher.

I guess Beatson's solution/theory was that a club would need to be dead certain that their bid was true, not just trying to force a club's hand.
It’s a horrible solution. It basically gives clubs a free early pick if they don’t want their prospect that early and punishes everyone else by getting dropped down the order.

As has been mentioned previously there was a strategic aspect to Adelaide's bid as they knew the Doggies had their eyes on Rowe as well, so the pick 1 bid took the Doggies completely out of the draft. It's a different situation this year, as a bid at picks 1, 2 or 3 will take us out of the remainder of the top 40 picks in the draft, regardless of where the bid is matched.

All up it's one less reason for North or GWS to bid and gives us at least a little hope, as if there were actually a prospect of taking one or more first or second round pick(s) off the table for us that we may have otherwise retained with a later bid then it would be guaranteed that a bid would come at pick 1, because removing another club from the first couple of rounds entirely with an earlier bid is just smart business on draft day.

The other aspect is that the Crows don’t need the additional publicity that comes with it as they get enough already. They also get the additional plaudits in their state of forcing a Victorian club to pay up.

North on the other hand may feel like they need the additional publicity to drum up more memberships.

That’s my hope anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think GC has the right of it when referencing the integrity of the draft. Also as Collingwood supporters surely we know better than most that buying in to something like him slipping to 3 is setting ourselves up for disappointment? Especially when he is clearly the best kid in the draft…
I agree with the article, we haven’t had a number 1 draft pick since Josh Fraser, why is it so less important to us than Norf. If he’s the best, he’s the best, we acknowledge it and pay the discounted price.

It’ll teach them elite standards, they’d be in a similar spot with Weideman/ Riccardi/ Krueger and making them earn a spot > gifting games. It’s a no brainer for me if he’s open to it. If he only plays 15 matches next year is there anyone that doesn’t think he’d kick 30+? I’d personally be shocked if any of the guys that get routinely mentioned could go at more than 1 a game.

I highly doubt JK would come over to Vic to finish his career. He's a WA boy.

I highly doubt JK would come over to Vic to finish his career. He's a WA boy.

Probably unlikely but it depends what Kennedy's career aspirations are. If he's keen on coaching perhaps that's something we can offer as a carrot.

It is a bit silly when you think that we’ve been deathriding the Dogs’ pick all year, and I think their 1-point win the other day cost us something in the order of 47 points…

… whereas Daicos merely copping a bid at #2 instead of #1 saves us 340 points! LOL.

Really we should start a “deathriding the draft” thread. :D
The whole points thing just leaves me for dead. It's just another way to try an make the draft work, when it's nothing but "match fixing" from a long way back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I don't think so, but he may have dabbled in an alternative sport outside of Australian rules football on a semi-regular basis at a local community sporting venue during his developmental years, so that might be worth further investigation.
Was a joke

Seriously, we handed them Stephenson for peanuts ffs. They obviously know we are going to match, so why bother...
because it weakens our hand later in the draft, so can only help them and others clubs as a result. We did this in spades last year, so no way they will give us a free ride this year. We also dumped a player on them who likes to pee, and is nuts, so again no free rides. They need to climb fast, and have missed a lot of high profile players in the past, so will be getting tough now

Most of the talk around Dylan Stephens now is Sydney/Adelaide/Essendon. Got to hope he bombs now. :(

Just use the Ignore Button on the Idiots that are on here just to Abuse People TakingThePies

TTP has a habit of posting complete rumours as facts and appropriating the information of others as his own. Calling that out as him throwing darts is not abuse! Take the McRae one. Jordan Lewis was talking about it on SEN as his role to lose well before he was on anyone’s radar on here.

Last edited:
Most of the talk around Dylan Stephens now is Sydney/Adelaide/Essendon. Got to hope he bombs now. :(

The strongest word remains to be Adelaide.

Not sure if that's just people assuming so because they'd have the most cap space and because he went to boarding school (?) and was therefore drafted out of SA, but it keeps coming up.

Saw someone on the draft board claimed to know his family and said "they think he's going to Adelaide" ... If only it was obvious who to believe around these parts!

Personally I hope we get to read out 'Pick 1 Nick Daicos' - what a great reward for a junior stellar career, and he seems like the type who will lap up the pressure and prestige of being the number one pick.

As an aside, you can bet your last dollar we'll enter the draft with at least 2,400 points and to be honest it won't be hard to get there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back