List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking of talls how is Redpath going at dogs this year ?.I rate him might be a good cheap get.Even Roughhead isn't to bad just struggling at dogs now.
Really? We are past recruiting s**t players - both exactly that. We'll be putting games into Balta & CCJ before either of those two.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Gaff a good player but god it would be frustrating to give up 7-800k a year for him.

Connor Menadue has all the right attributes to become an elite AFl wingman. Just wish he would take his bloody opportunity.

I assume you're not comparing the two? Because Gaff played nearly every game in his 1st year and was racking up 15-30 possies every week. By his 3rd year, he was a damaging player each week. He has a good 5-6 years of elite football left in him.

Menadue, after a few years in the system, I'm not sure has gotten more than 15 possies a handfull of times and is just borderline 22. If he doesnt take his opportunity very soon, he will be delisted.

I assume you're not comparing the two? Because Gaff played nearly every game in his 1st year and was racking up 15-30 possies every week. By his 3rd year, he was a damaging player each week. He has a good 5-6 years of elite football left in him.

Menadue, after a few years in the system, I'm not sure has gotten more than 15 possies a handfull of times and is just borderline 22. If he doesnt take his opportunity very soon, he will be delisted.

No definitely not comparing the two.

I agree Gaff is a jet and I would love him at the tigers.

I would just be very frustrated that Menadue (even Markov) hadn’t taken their opportunity to become a very good AFL wingman as the opportunity has been given to them.

Would rather use free agency to get a big bodied inside mid or a KPP, not on a wingman.

But however, if Gaff ended up at the Tigers I would be pretty happy.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

I haven’t given up on Menadue or Markov who I hope are both retained next year.

Both are continuing to improve in the 2s, have line breaking speed and are good kicks. The type of players you want on your list with new rule changes.

Plus they were always going to be players that would take a while to develop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff a good player but god it would be frustrating to give up 7-800k a year for him.

Connor Menadue has all the right attributes to become an elite AFl wingman. Just wish he would take his bloody opportunity.

Don't be too harsh on him. He is trying to break into the best team in the competition.

He hasn't had that challenge before.

Last edited:
Ideal 2018 Off Season/Trade Period

Retire:Hampson
Delist: Drummond (Re-rookie), Griffiths,
Trade: Miles/Lloyd/Menadue/Markov/Cellis/Conca - any of these guys can move
Re-sign: Short + Grigg/Houli get 1 year deals until retirement
Acquire: Tom Lynch (GC) as a Free Agent

Also we should be looking into some WCE/Freo young guns if Shai Bolton does decide he wants to go home. Fingers crossed Cerra wants to come back to VIC. Would be interested in - Ed Langdon, Connor Blakely, Adam Cerra, Luke Ryan from Freo and Dom Sheed, Liam Duggan, Willie Rioli and Daniel Venables from WC.

5aa (dunno what that is) are saying Steven May may join Port Adelaide next season.

Adelaide's version of SEN really...

It's either really solid mail, or just gaining interest from Port fans to the station...
I thought May signed an extension that included next year at GCS

Bolton and our first for Cerra and their future 2nd

they might back themselves in to have a good year in 2019 and look at the pick downgrade as not to bad

Bolton and our first for Cerra and their future 2nd

they might back themselves in to have a good year in 2019 and look at the pick downgrade as not to bad
Cerra wont leave this trade period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back