List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendaue is nowhere near hard enough for AFL. Sure he's an outside runner and not every player can be hard as nails but seriously he'd get rag dolled in the AFLW.
Looks to have hardly put on any weight or muscle in how many years? Dud delist.

Would want to get some midfield depth if all these guys are leaving. Reckon that's why the arse fell out of the VFL side and the seniors started to look s**t too.
I said this after the vfl team lost the final. 100% things changed mid year when the rumour of all these players leaving started.

Connor Menadue hmm you could argue that he has not only stagnated but gone backwards the last two seasons.

He 22 yr old had 4 seasons played 33 games and has at no stage looked like establishing himself at the level.
He does have talent but dont they all!!! entering yr 5 he needs to significantly improve his performances at afl level.

Reckon he is in the gun and another season like the last one would see him gone imo.
Would not be surprised at all if the club is looking at cutting him especially when you look at what hes dished up at the level so far.

simply put if hes not touching it 20 times a game running the lines and delivering the ball with precision then hes not worth a spot.
On top of that he needs to find both a hard edge and decent defensive set to his game.

Having said all that would personally like to see him given one more yr. he started out really skinny and was always going to take a bit of time to develop a physical aspect to his game and he does have very good attributes to become a hard running outside player.

Disagree. He has speed and talent. Afl games he shows he wares not vfl. Still young and in other sides would havr been given time to establish himself. He had a couple of good games last year and was dropped. Never got back to that this year cos its hard to be in and out.
Didn’t cut it when promoted to the 1s however he had a far better year in the VFL than 2017 so he is improving. Let’s have a look next year and see if he can work on deficiencies (contested ball in particular), and push the likes of Kmac

Talk of us losing (by delisting/trading) 7-10 players (Hampson, Griff, Miles, CEllis, BEllis, Lloyd, Stengle, Menadue, Townsend, Drummond, Conca). Can't see all of them going tbh.

We assume Lynch is coming in and perhaps another mid. Given that we only need to make 3 list changes each year and we are already up to 2, I wouldn't expect many more. Miles yes, Corey Ellis & Conca potentially and maybe a Drummond delist and then re-rookie). That's 6 out, 1 in (Lynch) and 5 draftees. Or we trade another mid in and pickv4 players up at the draft. Can't see it being more than that at a club which is going very well (except for 1 crap game).

I hope we are looking for someone that is competent as a back up ruck, if not it will have to be Lynch who i'd rather not rucking at all, Soldo or Chol & i am not sold on either of those 2.

I’m comfortable that we have Nank, Lynch (chop out up forward), Soldo, CCJ, Chol, Grigg (small chop outs) that can all compete.

Honestly can’t see us playing 2 rucks and 2 tall forwards in our system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk of us losing (by delisting/trading) 7-10 players (Hampson, Griff, Miles, CEllis, BEllis, Lloyd, Stengle, Menadue, Townsend, Drummond, Conca). Can't see all of them going tbh.

We assume Lynch is coming in and perhaps another mid. Given that we only need to make 3 list changes each year and we are already up to 2, I wouldn't expect many more. Miles yes, Corey Ellis & Conca potentially and maybe a Drummond delist and then re-rookie). That's 6 out, 1 in (Lynch) and 5 draftees. Or we trade another mid in and pickv4 players up at the draft. Can't see it being more than that at a club which is going very well (except for 1 crap game).
I still shake my head at that crazy number , it’s unheard of for a club that’s just gone 19-5, more likely 3-5 . Anyways for most , no one would stand in their way , strange way the cards have fallen , with quality picks like recent times it will put us in good position for a few years time when we will need the next gen coming through

I still shake my head at that crazy number , it’s unheard of for a club that’s just gone 19-5, more likely 3-5 . Anyways for most , no one would stand in their way , strange way the cards have fallen , with quality picks like recent times it will put us in good position for a few years time when we will need the next gen coming through
Disagree, we won the flag last year and turned over 7 players. From memory, when Collingwood won the flag in 2010, they did 10-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back