List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of sulking, Geelong should have known Kelly was always gonna leave them. It was known when he was in the draft. They can make his leaving a positive.

West Coast have a couple of very good Victorian kids who can assist Geelong more than one bloke. Kelly had a great year that’s for sure, but it was just one year. He’s 24 too.

Brander, Venables and a compo pick for Kelly and a third round pick is what I would be asking for.

Brander is your young tall for the next ten years, Venables is young and played in the Grand Final and a pick 21 in this draft nets you a very good kid.

He’s made his decision try and get the best out of it.
If family is what's important to him, I have no issue with him asking to be traded back to WA, but I do have issue with him nominating 1 club specifically. Makes 0 sense.

Instead of sulking, Geelong should have known Kelly was always gonna leave them. It was known when he was in the draft. They can make his leaving a positive.

West Coast have a couple of very good Victorian kids who can assist Geelong more than one bloke. Kelly had a great year that’s for sure, but it was just one year. He’s 24 too.

Brander, Venables and a compo pick for Kelly and a third round pick is what I would be asking for.

Brander is your young tall for the next ten years, Venables is young and played in the Grand Final and a pick 21 in this draft nets you a very good kid.

He’s made his decision try and get the best out of it.

This.

All draftees go through interview process before the draft so Geelong picked him knowing his situation at home in regards to a young family and the high likelyhood that he would want to return home

Scully had a poster of Lids in his room growing up. Can't get any more clear than that. It's happening!

Currently playing with Lids overrated. ;)

He also has a poster of Tom Lynch in Richmond colours up on his wall now, he got it custom made in anticipation.

Surely GWS don't have to worry about their cap unless they're way way over. If they're close Gill will just slide some of the pay through somewhere else for them

The second paragraph... what a bunch of campaigners. All too happy to grab Ablett, Danger and Scooter Selwood with the go home factor.

To be fair those guys where all out of contract.
Kelly is still contracted for 2019.
I hope a trade dosent work and he sits out for 19 haha.

To be fair those guys where all out of contract.
Kelly is still contracted for 2019.
I hope a trade dosent work and he sits out for 19 haha.
Ablett still had a year to go...

(I think they are in their rights to play hardball at the trade table but the messaging is very pot kettle black).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we in line for Scully or is this rubbish?
Do we think Scully improves the RFC best 22?

If so, who does he replace?

From the last time we played, the most likely answer is Kmac.

Whilst he would be an upgrade for the sheer amount of ball he gets, he is much smaller than Kmac and probably doesn't do the one-percenters that the best of Kmac can offer. Kmac is unfortunately not very consistent, but this is something to consider...

So again, does Scully improve our best 22? We need ball winners, but we need ball winners that can also get it nearer to the coal-face to improve our side, not so much the pure outside ball winners like Scully is.

Whilst he would be an upgrade for the sheer amount of ball he gets, he is much smaller than Kmac and probably doesn't do the one-percenters that the best of Kmac can offer. Kmac is unfortunately not very consistent, but this is something to consider...

So again, does Scully improve our best 22? We need ball winners, but we need ball winners that can also get it nearer to the coal-face to improve our side, not so much the pure outside ball winners like Scully is.
Appreciate the comprehensive response. That was not my question though

Yes, he absolutely would.

Rubbish mate Deledio stayed loyal for years and is a Richmond champion.He didn't want to leave, he was forced out at the time.

Say what? Lids had fallen out with some players and wanted out to a club that was in the premiership window. He wasn’t forced out at all.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Say what? Lids had fallen out with some players and wanted out to a club that was in the premiership window. He wasn’t forced out at all.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Apart from the fallen out with players bit isn’t this what Lids has pretty much said publicly?

You're kidding right? I'd have him in the team over Grigg first of all. Regardless... you shuffle the deckchairs to accomodate someone of Scully's ilk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back