List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

i remember Dimma in a presser about mid year said Chol was very close to a call up but then got injured, maybe that’s the plan? I wouldn’t call Lycett/Vardy a star duo but it got the Eagles a flag. We’re never going to have a Gawn/Grundy type, they’re head and shoulders above the rest. But I don’t think Nank has peaked yet either
Yep we couldnt get near a Gawn Grundy ruck cap wise. We already won a flag with Nank?
Have faith.

I

i remember Dimma in a presser about mid year said Chol was very close to a call up but then got injured, maybe that’s the plan? I wouldn’t call Lycett/Vardy a star duo but it got the Eagles a flag. We’re never going to have a Gawn/Grundy type, they’re head and shoulders above the rest. But I don’t think Nank has peaked yet either

Yep agree that eagles combo did the job on 2 best ruckman in 2 games dees and pies.Aslong as his mobile and play a bit forward is good and ideal.Yep I rate Chol ,but to go into a season just relying on him and Balta and CCJ be a huge risk as later two especially not developed yet.

Yep agree that eagles combo did the job on 2 best ruckman in 2 games dees and pies.Aslong as his mobile and play a bit forward is good and ideal.Yep I rate Chol ,but to go into a season just relying on him and Balta and CCJ be a huge risk as later two especially not developed yet.
One thing I noticed this year was that Nanks TOG % was a lot lower than the Gawn/Grundy’s of the world. I know he’s still relatively young by ruck terms,but maybe we try and build Toby’s aerobic base and getting him having more TOG next year which leads to less focus on a 2nd ruck

Or we have no cap space !

I'm like a lot of others & want us to sign another player or 2 , but we have just picked up probably our biggest recruit in years so it's not like we have been sitting on our hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be worried if we had no cap space, most of our team are basically still rookies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance I’m getting excited about the prospect of having to sacrifice Pick 17 for Tom Scully. Seriously, who on this board would hand back Jack Higgins for whatever was on offer for that exact price last year? We’re talking about the likes of Motlop, Rockliff, Gaz Jr, Schache etc who had that currency up against the Higgins selection.

When this year’s draft rolls around I would prefer the excitement associated with getting the next Higgins into the club, especially in what appears to be a fairly bulletproof draft this year. If anything I’d be doing whatever it takes to get more quality youth into the club while the culture is at its all-time peak.

No chance I’m getting excited about the prospect of having to sacrifice Pick 17 for Tom Scully. Seriously, who on this board would hand back Jack Higgins for whatever was on offer for that exact price last year? We’re talking about the likes of Motlop, Rockliff, Gaz Jr, Schache etc who had that currency up against the Higgins selection.

When this year’s draft rolls around I would prefer the excitement associated with getting the next Higgins into the club, especially in what appears to be a fairly bulletproof draft this year. If anything I’d be doing whatever it takes to get more quality youth into the club while the culture is at its all-time peak.

There should be no one taking about giving Pick 17 up unless it gets us a ready to go, young, gun midfielder. It won’t go for Scully. Not a chance.

As I said we have situations where we could get involved. We have targets. It will either shake a young gun out or a better draft position for us.

Take a look at our last few years. Our guys know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back