List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very provocative POV that's bound to get certain tongues wagging.

There is a connection with him playing for the Zebs in 2013, but they do already have Roberton who makes Clangdon look below VFL standard so I don't see it myself.

Would you look to make the trade straight up? Because I think we'd need to give extra.

FWIW GC look a good candidate if Clangdon goes out. His hair and laid back attitude would fit the Coast to a tee and they're in need of a floating third defender that's good in the air, IMO.
Langdon for fiorini? Am I asking too much there? Matera as a small crumbling forward?

Do we need to get a free agent key forward this year? Could we just play Ben Reid and Moore up forward next year? Keep White/Cox/Keefe for another year as backup. Draft a key forward to develop in the vfl with our first pick.

If we do this we can save $ in the cap to use on trade/free agent targets next year.

Do we need to get a free agent key forward this year? Could we just play Ben Reid and Moore up forward next year? Keep White/Cox/Keefe for another year as backup. Draft a key forward to develop in the vfl with our first pick.

If we do this we can save $ in the cap to use on trade/free agent targets next year.
Either way I don't think it's going to help us. We are rabble.

Whoah. Just got an unexpected bit of draft intel. Bar manager at my local as it turns out was a recruiter at GWS for three years. Had a hand in drafting WHE, TA and Treloar. Just told me that Devon Smith "definitely wants to come to the Pies."
Is he bringing Hopper or Kelly along with him?

What would North ask for Brown?

He's 24, one of if not the best set shot in the league, takes a ripping mark too.

It'd be our first rounder + moore.

fixed it for you

Whoah. Just got an unexpected bit of draft intel. Bar manager at my local as it turns out was a recruiter at GWS for three years. Had a hand in drafting WHE, TA and Treloar. Just told me that Devon Smith "definitely wants to come to the Pies."
What would he cost us? We can't trade our 1st pick on another midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you're talking.

Bloody sick of hearing Reid, Casbout, Pittard and Fiorini like rubbish linked to us.

From recruiter to bar manager. Interesting change of jobs.

Now you're talking.

Bloody sick of hearing Reid, Casbout, Pittard and Fiorini like rubbish linked to us.
This guy is a straight shooter too. Said he used to drive Anthony Miles to games. Gave up recruiting as there's no money in it unless you're head recruiter and you effectively have to work 7 days a week.

I think it's pretty conceivable that if Hine doesn't rate the talls in this draft particularly high, that the pies will trade their pick 4-6 to the Giants for a ready made player/s like Smith....

Like in previous years Giants continually need to keep trading players out to clear salary cap space so as to retain their A graders (think Kelly)

This guy is a straight shooter too. Said he used to drive Anthony Miles to games. Gave up recruiting as there's no money in it unless you're head recruiter and you effectively have to work 7 days a week.

I can back this up, my old man was in recruiting and gave it up for the same reasons.

Hopefully someone else nicely packaged up with Smith. I would be pushin for Hopper or Kennedy.
I'm with you. Seems like the kind of draft where we won't quite get our money's worth with our pick. KPF is a massive, massive list need, but no sense taking a player that could slide to pick 20 there if we can fill another list need with a proven player (or 2).

I can back this up, my old man was in recruiting and gave it up for the same reasons.
Always been one of my dream jobs but have always heard it's not really worth the time you put in. Shame really because the part timers are the ones that are looking at the kids that may become good players. Without them some may have never been discovered.

While Smith is a very good player he doesn't really fit our needs, not with Daicos, Kirby and Brown showing plenty. If Smith is willing to become a small running defender then that is a definite need of the club. I don't think his form warrants a first round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back