Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colour me disinterested in Jack Martin. Living in QLD ive seen a fair bit of him.

can't believe someone would prefer him over Lynch. Amazed actually. Hype.

Agreed, living in QLD as well and have seen him quite a bit. Very overrated player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Do Campbell or Honeychurch hold any trade value or could they be delisted? I personally think we should just delist them and start shaping the list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Campbell couldn't get a game but don't know about any trade value. But Honeychurch played 13 games in 2018. I think there is a case for giving him another 1 year contract. Plenty coming off the list before him already and then there are these persistent rumours about letting RFA's Roughead, Wallis and Dahlhaus go.

After the 3 retirements and Collins, you would think Campbell, Roberts and Webb (based on 2018 senior appearances) would be in the crosshairs before Honeychurch. That is 7 off the list and then you get to our RFA x3 issues. Could be 8 to 10 players. That is a reasonably high turnover.

I've been pretty pissed off with the list at times this year but at the moment, I'd give Honeychurch another contract...for depth :eek: because the list has to go deep to field teams for 22 matches + finals.

And my faith in this list manager's ability to do that work is waning.

Especially seeing as Fergus Greene is appearing in both this year's list, and the 2019 one, with potentially double the cash required next offseason to do something they could have very easily done this year.

Gee give the guy a go. Been in the job 2 seconds. Signing Greene for 1 year is prudent list management. Signing fringe players for 2 years got us into the mess we are in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell couldn't get a game but don't know about any trade value. But Honeychurch played 13 games in 2018. I think there is a case for giving him another 1 year contract. Plenty coming off the list before him already and then there are these persistent rumours about letting RFA's Roughead, Wallis and Dahlhaus go.

After the 3 retirements and Collins, you would think Campbell, Roberts and Webb (based on 2018 senior appearances) would be in the crosshairs before Honeychurch. That is 7 off the list and then you get to our RFA x3 issues. Could be 8 to 10 players. That is a reasonably high turnover.

I've been pretty pissed off with the list at times this year but at the moment, I'd give Honeychurch another contract...for depth :eek: because the list has to go deep to field teams for 22 matches + finals.

We give Honey another contract - well as MD would say - we have officially given up.

I'm amazed at the amount of people that want us to get a kpp in the draft or via a trade.
where would you say Ben King would rate in our backline? Cordy and Naughton then King ? that's a handy key back core for the next 10 years.

Lets say one of the WA clubs come with a good deal for Adams? do we take it? If we think King is there at pick 6-9.

where would you say Ben King would rate in our backline? Cordy and Naughton then King ? that's a handy key back core for the next 10 years.

Lets say one of the WA clubs come with a good deal for Adams? do we take it? If we think King is there at pick 6-9.

Don’t forget about Lewy Young. If we don’t give him opportunities, we might as well trade him now.

We're bulldogs supporters. Permanently hunting for that elusive 200cm kpp that can clunk a mark and kick bags.

How else would we fill the off-season?
You mean that Tim Walsh, Wade Skipper, Simon Cox, Daniel Bandy, Trent Bartlett, Jade Rawlings, Sean Wight, Kieran McGuiness- type player who will lead us to the promised land?

And you don't think all good players have other clubs circling them.

Sounds like your contact is the father of a player not getting a game

I was interested in the conclusion that the fact that we had several players reaching free agency was somehow Bevos fault.

I mean of course other clubs are going show interest in free agents.

I wouldn't factor Adams into the conversation anyway. He is a beast but his legs fail him more often then not so can't have faith in him long term unfortunately.
I think Cordy and naughton would hold down the backline pretty strongly, With young as coverage. And I have faith in young becoming a best 22 Backman however that's atleast another season away. Also holding onto roberts to call apon if required. If we were to pick up a tall I'd be finding a cheap option late or ideally rookie draft, they would be nothing but depth.
(Add to this buku playing a wood type role)

We also have obvious deficiencies in other areas that need more immediate addressing. Speed clean ball use mature heads and some polish. A small forward and or classy mid would be on the top of my order with our more meaningful picks whatever they may end up being.

Last edited:
We give Honey another contract - well as MD would say - we have officially given up.

I don't know about that. Let's say we have 10 players go (including 3xRFA), 3 of the 10 spots go to our performing or promising rookies: Gowers, Lynch and R Smith. That leaves 7 spots. Draft could provide 4-5 spots + the 3 rookie upgrades. Gets interesting after that. And a lot of the new blood will be very young.

I got canned a while ago talking clearing out 13 player in one foul swoop. I've listened. It ain't that easy, no matter how pissed off at the time you are with goaless quarters and sub 50 point games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back