Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe it took till tonight for me to hear about the CEO. Hurley news is such a positive. Wood re-signing is a bit of a bummer.

How quick is Matera?

Trade for/sign Hurley
Bundle with picks and/or turn one or two of Jong/Hrovat/Honey into Nicholls

Will be happy if either happens, over the moon if both do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys, curious what's the contract status on Honeychurch, Dale, Hrovat.
All are talented kids who aren't getting opportunities yet, i hope they stay for your sake but if they leave what is there worth in your opinion and how would you describe them as players?

Hey Guys, curious what's the contract status on Honeychurch, Dale, Hrovat.
All are talented kids who aren't getting opportunities yet, i hope they stay for your sake but if they leave what is there worth in your opinion and how would you describe them as players?

In the best interests of everyone that 2 of them are probably traded.

All 3 have talent but can't seem to crack the seniors all that often.

Hrovat in particular will have a great career. I just don't feel as though it will be at the dogs. Particularly with Daniel and McLean higher in the pecking order.

In the best interests of everyone that 2 of them are probably traded.

All 3 have talent but can't seem to crack the seniors all that often.

Hrovat in particular will have a great career. I just don't feel as though it will be at the dogs. Particularly with Daniel and McLean higher in the pecking order.
Would you say honeychurch and hrovat are both inside mids who need to work on there outside game and pace?
Dale seems like a half forward flanker?

Would you say honeychurch and hrovat are both inside mids who need to work on there outside game and pace?
Dale seems like a half forward flanker?

Hrovat is a better user of the ball and a better midfielder (can play inside and out), whereas Honeychurch is more versatile (can play as a small forward) and Honeychurch has good speed and immense tackling pressure.

Posted this on the Carlton board yesterday and thought I'd post it in here too to see how you value the players mentioned.

Your senior side has obviously improved enormously over the past few years and as a result you've got some very handy players stuck at VFL level.

Naturally whilst some will stay and fight for their spot, others may look for greater opportunities elsewhere and I can see a number of clubs - including my own - having interest in a few of those players.

Webb, Honeychurch, Dale and Hrovat I've either been impressed with previously or are banging the door down with consistently good performances at VFL level but for one reason or another just can't get a good look-in at senior level.

Depending on how your club would value them I'd be interested in any of those four moving to Carlton where they may well play significantly more senior football than where they are currently.

What do you think their value is individually?

Posted this on the Carlton board yesterday and thought I'd post it in here too to see how you value the players mentioned.

Your senior side has obviously improved enormously over the past few years and as a result you've got some very handy players stuck at VFL level.

Naturally whilst some will stay and fight for their spot, others may look for greater opportunities elsewhere and I can see a number of clubs - including my own - having interest in a few of those players.

Webb, Honeychurch, Dale and Hrovat I've either been impressed with previously or are banging the door down with consistently good performances at VFL level but for one reason or another just can't get a good look-in at senior level.

Depending on how your club would value them I'd be interested in any of those four moving to Carlton where they may well play significantly more senior football than where they are currently.

Good question - simple answer is around 25-40 for each IMO.

GWS apparently offered two second rds for Hrovat last yr and he declined to move but this yr he is uncontracted. IMO his ball use is a little overrated and clearly has durability concerns. But he could be good at the right club IMO.

Honey is contracted and a RS nominee. Could be ok at another club needing a hard at it mid who can play fwd. his poor use lets him down IMO.

I'd like to keep Webb and Dale as they are good users who currently don't win enough ball. But we don't have enough good users.

I'd personally have them all valued as second rounders. Rat barely played this year with injuries so his value will be greatly effected by how he goes for the rest of the season.

Hrovat - hrovats biggest problem apart from injuries is that due to our midfield depth and inside stocks he's played far more as a small forward than as a midfielder. He's not a very good small forward but as his VFL form shows the kid is far more suited to a majority midfielder. If he is played accordingly he will play 150 - 200 games.
Good football brain and actually lowers his eyes to hit targets.

I'd hope to get something like pick 30 - 35 in return as he has a fair bit of interest.

Honeychurch - doesn't use the ball cleanly enough to warrant regular midfield time and he has been overtaken by Smith and McLean as the small forward/midfield hybrids. Best used as a pressure small forward to pinch hit in the midfield. Has good speed, good ball winning ability and provides just about the best defensive pressure at the club.

Pick 40 - 45 is probably the best we can get.

Dale and Webb. Both don't have the ball winning ability nor the intensity to play best 22 yet. They absolutely dominate Vfl though and both are well above average in terms of ball use. Dale has more speed but Webbs left foot is elite.

Webb is worth 28 - 35 and Dale is worth 35 - 40.

All just my opinion of course.

Webb and Dale 2nd rounders, kids have high potential imo, probably a pick in the 30s, I rate these two higher than the other two as I think they will play in positions we will need in future years

Honeychurch pick in the 40s, maybe 50s

Hrovat not much, is rock bottom currently, 4th rounder tops imo

Really? He's emotional, forms poorly constructed, whilst shallow, arguments and he takes criticism poorly. I'd say he's probably a stereotypical BF poster!
Definitely reads BF, same with the Ox, some indirect Bay 13 references/BF inside jokes have came from them two over the years.

Darrin Parkin definitely does as he has posted on here occasionally and hasnt hid who he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back