Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main difference is he gets paid!

Finey gets paid?

I always thought he was a community service type appointment - where SEN get government funding for helping out the special needs people in our community. (Flicked SEN on last night and I think Finey was doing an extended segment on the great moustaches and beards of the AFL):thumbsu:

Hrovat - hrovats biggest problem apart from injuries is that due to our midfield depth and inside stocks he's played far more as a small forward than as a midfielder. He's not a very good small forward but as his VFL form shows the kid is far more suited to a majority midfielder. If he is played accordingly he will play 150 - 200 games.
Good football brain and actually lowers his eyes to hit targets.

I'd hope to get something like pick 30 - 35 in return as he has a fair bit of interest.

Honeychurch - doesn't use the ball cleanly enough to warrant regular midfield time and he has been overtaken by Smith and McLean as the small forward/midfield hybrids. Best used as a pressure small forward to pinch hit in the midfield. Has good speed, good ball winning ability and provides just about the best defensive pressure at the club.

Pick 40 - 45 is probably the best we can get.

Dale and Webb. Both don't have the ball winning ability nor the intensity to play best 22 yet. They absolutely dominate Vfl though and both are well above average in terms of ball use. Dale has more speed but Webbs left foot is elite.

Webb is worth 28 - 35 and Dale is worth 35 - 40.

All just my opinion of course.
I'd happily do all of those offers. Look i'll make it fair we will give you goldstein for 2 of the above and your first round pick. We will even pay for his surgery so his back to AA best and then you don't need Majak as we will just keep him

Finey gets paid?

I always thought he was a community service type appointment - where SEN get government funding for helping out the special needs people in our community. (Flicked SEN on last night and I think Finey was doing an extended segment on the great moustaches and beards of the AFL):thumbsu:
I'd be pretty annoyed if I worked part time 6 nights a week plus the odd Sunday morning and not get paid ;)

I'd happily do all of those offers. Look i'll make it fair we will give you goldstein for 2 of the above and your first round pick. We will even pay for his surgery so his back to AA best and then you don't need Majak as we will just keep him
No you wouldn't :p

So much discussion in this and the Tom Boyd thread about the value of having 200+cm key forwards 'to bring the ball to ground". I'm not convinced about the value of such tall forwards if there are weaknesses in their skill sets - can't mark reliably, can't kick straight or lacking in leg speed. Personally I would much rather a forward who is strong in these qualities regardless of height. As long as a forward has quick separation and the ability to lead and mark strongly then the forward line becomes instantly more flexible. St Kilda did extremely well trading in a 6.2 forward in Membrey. Mason Wood is not much taller at 6.3. Probably our best forward in recent times, Brad Johnson was less than 6.0. Names like Cloke, Vickery, Casboult etc are suggested as key forward options but I just don't see their value. Kicking high to such players has very limited success and we would be better off trying to draft or trade players who have pace and can hold their marks. Who knows, we may even have one under our noses in Hamling.

So much discussion in this and the Tom Boyd thread about the value of having 200+cm key forwards 'to bring the ball to ground". I'm not convinced about the value of such tall forwards if there are weaknesses in their skill sets - can't mark reliably, can't kick straight or lacking in leg speed. Personally I would much rather a forward who is strong in these qualities regardless of height. As long as a forward has quick separation and the ability to lead and mark strongly then the forward line becomes instantly more flexible. St Kilda did extremely well trading in a 6.2 forward in Membrey. Mason Wood is not much taller at 6.3. Probably our best forward in recent times, Brad Johnson was less than 6.0. Names like Cloke, Vickery, Casboult etc are suggested as key forward options but I just don't see their value. Kicking high to such players has very limited success and we would be better off trying to draft or trade players who have pace and can hold their marks. Who knows, we may even have one under our noses in Hamling.
Improving our spread and moving the thing direct and quickly would help with this, but also hit up forwards who lead up the ground drawing defenders away from their safe zone inside defensive 50 would help also in opening up our forward 50. Everyone plays with "goalkeepers" these days which is why forwards normally struggle under the high ball unless they're one out, it was an art guys like Lake, Scarlett, Harley, Fisher, Hodge, Maxwell, McPharlin etc pioneered 5-10 years ago and now everyone else does it too

We need to upgrade Gia as a start as he seems to be a one trick pony, but having more than 2 KPFs on our list would give us more options also

Nothing frustrates me more than being outmarked in F50, at least Boyd rarely gets outmarked and normally brings it to ground, having another small forward or two on the list would help at ground level and lock it into F50, not all these inside mids resting forward

I'm now over last weekend and can't wait for Friday night. Looked for tickets but they were very expensive. Anyone know how to get tickets?
Yeah i got tickets, 50 dollars 4 rows from the front on ground level.
Ticketmaster are selling more today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One young player I'd love to see come over to us and would pay overs for is Matt tabener from Fremantle. Would be a good second string forward.
Sadly I'm dreaming as freo would be nuts to let him go.

Posted this on the Carlton board yesterday and thought I'd post it in here too to see how you value the players mentioned.

Your senior side has obviously improved enormously over the past few years and as a result you've got some very handy players stuck at VFL level.

Naturally whilst some will stay and fight for their spot, others may look for greater opportunities elsewhere and I can see a number of clubs - including my own - having interest in a few of those players.

Webb, Honeychurch, Dale and Hrovat I've either been impressed with previously or are banging the door down with consistently good performances at VFL level but for one reason or another just can't get a good look-in at senior level.

Depending on how your club would value them I'd be interested in any of those four moving to Carlton where they may well play significantly more senior football than where they are currently.

What do you think their value is individually?
After two years development, I would expect a late first rounder for either of Webb or Dale. Neither are likely to be available, as why would the club trade good young players who almost now have the tank for afl.
Hrovat 25-40, Honeychurch 35-50, Hamilton 35-50 are all much better targets for Carlton, as likely to be available.
BTW: Carlton are likely to be trading both their early picks to GWS, so unlikely to have anything to give the dogs for any of these players.

Posted this on the Carlton board yesterday and thought I'd post it in here too to see how you value the players mentioned.

Your senior side has obviously improved enormously over the past few years and as a result you've got some very handy players stuck at VFL level.

Naturally whilst some will stay and fight for their spot, others may look for greater opportunities elsewhere and I can see a number of clubs - including my own - having interest in a few of those players.

Webb, Honeychurch, Dale and Hrovat I've either been impressed with previously or are banging the door down with consistently good performances at VFL level but for one reason or another just can't get a good look-in at senior level.

Depending on how your club would value them I'd be interested in any of those four moving to Carlton where they may well play significantly more senior football than where they are currently.

What do you think their value is individually?

Not that it has to be directly related to any of these players but would you personally put Casboult up for trade??

I'm going to get absolutely pounded for this but I'd once again look at Casboult.

Come at me haters. :p

Whenever someone lines up 5 metres out and right in front my seven year old says - "This is a goal, even Casboult could kick this". Ha!

After two years development, I would expect a late first rounder for either of Webb or Dale. Neither are likely to be available, as why would the club trade good young players who almost now have the tank for afl.
Hrovat 25-40, Honeychurch 35-50, Hamilton 35-50 are all much better targets for Carlton, as likely to be available.
BTW: Carlton are likely to be trading both their early picks to GWS, so unlikely to have anything to give the dogs for any of these players.
Agree. Webb was a 2nd rounder 2 years ago. Why would we trade him out for the same price after 2 years of development and him having shown some ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back