Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was always a difficult proposition to get him to be honest .
It's interesting the loyality to his mates , yet took so long to sign...You'd imagine clubs have been used as leverage to obtain a better deal for him, and it's a common occurrence with managers. It's very common in the world game

I hope everyone can keep things in perspective. Yes, I wanted him. But let's not forget how good of shape our list is in. We are one of the youngest teams in the league, yet are playing finals.

Logic dictates that natural progression combined with some luck means we should be top 4 next year.

I don't see any team other than the Giants better placed to have a long period of success.

He would have made us even better quicker. But I really think Adams can get somewhere close to his level.

And to those who share their inside info, keep it coming. From what I hear this was a case of Connors doing what managers do and drive up his clients price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok spoke to my man and the dogs are pissed!!!!!

As late as Monday they spoke to Connors and he said a Hurley decision was at least a couple weeks away but things were looking good as the mail that was out there confirmed.

Then today when news broke the club called Connors and asked what's going on and he told them he agreed to re-sign late last nite.

Didn't tell the dogs or give them an opportunity to make another offer. Reality is they would not have matched the Dons deal but up til then dealings had been fair and reasonable and the dogs feel they were disrespected in the end by finding out on social media.

In the end it's no doubt a term and money issue and fair play to Hurley he got the best deal for himself and that's his right but when you speak to a club as much as he did to the dogs respect should be delivered al the way through.

Ok spoke to my man and the dogs are pissed!!!!!

As late as Monday they spoke to Connors and he said a Hurley decision was at least a couple weeks away but things were looking good as the mail that was out there confirmed.

Then today when news broke the club called Connors and asked what's going on and he told them he agreed to re-sign late last nite.

Didn't tell the dogs or give them an opportunity to make another offer. Reality is they would not have matched the Dons deal but up til then dealings had been fair and reasonable and the dogs feel they were disrespected in the end by finding out on social media.

In the end it's no doubt a term and money issue and fair play to Hurley he got the best deal for himself and that's his right but when you speak to a club as much as he did to the dogs respect should be delivered al the way through.
Did actually wonder how the phone call to us went down this arvo. Turns out there wasn't one. Bit of respect lost for Hurley if true.

Just wondering what people expect to be offered for the Tom Boyd trade?

There will be a lot of hype pre-season on them( as there always is with the big clubs) but for me there midfield doesn't bat deep and is ageing ( if Watson comes back) I think they'll spike upwards, but won't make the eight, and it's delusional to think 12 odd players 12 months out are going to have a significant impact .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back