Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember last year when JJ put off contract talks and we were all talking about what compensation we wanted and virtually wrote his future off at the dogs.

Dahlhaus could be doing the exact same thing, waiting for a good couple of games in a row to maximise his value.

Let’s all remain calm.

If Dahl’s current form continues & he doesn’t want to sign, he needs to be dropped as it’s hurting the team.

lets look at this in real terms..

Trade Bait-Guys we might get picks for.

Webb-40-55
Campbell-40-60
Roberts-50-70
Biggs-40-60
Honeychurch-60-80
Roughead -30-60
Dalhouse second round comp 25

Remember you must turn over 5 players...

C.Smith has no currency neither Collins and Redpath so just keep.

Next year you get back ..
Libba
Pick 7
Pick 25-West
Pick 35-Webb
Pick 40-Kyu
Pick 58
Pick 62

Who would you get rid off ... very hard position

We now dont need
Honeychurch
Campbell
Roberts
Biggs
trade Dalhouse
Webb

Dunkley chose to stay in Melbourne rather than go to the Swans, I doubt he'd move interstate to a basket-case club who won't be in a position to challenge for a flag for 10+ years, perhaps ever.
Didn't he say, quite recently, that he was disappointed the Swans didn't pick him? (Happy to be wrong...)

I'm pretty confident that Dahlhaus will be gone at season's end by trade or compo pick. If the right offer came along for both Roughead and Wallis, I'd consider them to be traded also. The proviso is that we manage to replace them with better midfield talent and a good small forward either through trade or decent draft picks. Tough calls but worth consideration.
Wishful thinking. I'm pretty confident none of them will go.

Only let Dahlhaus go if a suitable FA comes back in to replace his experience. Dahl and Roughy going via FA should give us a lot of cap space.

What are peoples thoughts on seeing if Mundy wants to come home and play for another year or two. He is still playing decent footy and is pretty good forward while going into the midfield when required. He doesn't get injured either. Wonder if he is keen on coaching.

Only let Dahlhaus go if a suitable FA comes back in to replace his experience. Dahl and Roughy going via FA should give us a lot of cap space.

What are peoples thoughts on seeing if Mundy wants to come home and play for another year or two. He is still playing decent footy and is pretty good forward while going into the midfield when required. He doesn't get injured either. Wonder if he is keen on coaching.
we want players in Dahl's age group not ones at retirement age

Left-field one: Rory Sloane

If he decided to leave Adelaide, would we do 900k/yr for 5 years? I would be surprised if we couldn't fit that in. With Libba, Wallis, Roughy and Dahl all down on form now is actually a good time to sign them up, so some could be on lesser contracts than this year. We've only brought in Trengove on okayish money, (no reports in Schache?), Boyd will be getting paid less, and I would think only Bont and Maclean are in for a big payday - although Bont was probably already on 800k.

Bont, Macrae, Sloane, Maclean, Libba, Hunter as the main cast, with Wallis, Dahl, Dale, Dunkley and Daniel providing support from the flanks.

Left-field one: Rory Sloane

If he decided to leave Adelaide, would we do 900k/yr for 5 years? I would be surprised if we couldn't fit that in. With Libba, Wallis, Roughy and Dahl all down on form now is actually a good time to sign them up, so some could be on lesser contracts than this year. We've only brought in Trengove on okayish money, (no reports in Schache?), Boyd will be getting paid less, and I would think only Bont and Maclean are in for a big payday - although Bont was probably already on 800k.

Bont, Macrae, Sloane, Maclean, Libba, Hunter as the main cast, with Wallis, Dahl, Dale, Dunkley and Daniel providing support from the flanks.

He is 29 by the time next season begins. If he was a couple of years younger I would definitely have made a play, but not for that money. But given pace is one of his assets, that is the first thing that goes in any player pushing 30. Plus his well known struggles vs a tag. Would not offer him five years at all. He would best be suited as a gap fill for a couple of years on a team deep inside a premiership window, which we are not.

Few things:
Dahlhaus stays IMO. Has definitely been made an offer but working through it

Dunkley is being played out of position because he can mark it. He’ll be fine when he’s around the ball more.

Wallis is being crucified in here

We’re back to 2014. Everyone take a breath. We’re ok. We’re just young. As I said the other day, this is the best list in the club’s history IMO. We’ve got a great coach, stubborn, but great, we’ve got talls unlike anything in the club’s history and we’ve got a generational player who unfortunately has been sore for 18 months.

The future is bright peoples.

lets look at this in real terms..
Next year you get back ..
Libba
Pick 7
Pick 25-West
Pick 35-Webb
Pick 40-Kyu
Pick 58
Pick 62

Who would you get rid off ... very hard position
We now dont need
Honeychurch
Campbell
Roberts
Biggs
trade Dalhouse
Webb

What does this one mean:
Pick 35-Webb
Are we using pick 35 on another guy called Webb or are we getting pick 35 for our Webb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few things:

Dunkley is being played out of position because he can mark it. He’ll be fine when he’s around the ball more.

We’re back to 2014. Everyone take a breath. We’re ok. We’re just young. As I said the other day, this is the best list in the club’s history IMO. We’ve got a great coach, stubborn, but great, we’ve got talls unlike anything in the club’s history and we’ve got a generational player who unfortunately has been sore for 18 months.

Agree on this especially wallis. People seem to forget how bad our midfield was in the first few rounds when he was unavailable due to injury.

Few things:

Nice post. I disagree a bit on Dunkley. I think his best position is HFF where he can be around the play and also used as a marking target. He's got great hands and attacks a contest hard - let him play to those strengths.

What does this one mean:
Pick 35-Webb
Are we using pick 35 on another guy called Webb or are we getting pick 35 for our Webb
Best ignore anything that poster puts up. In dream-land most of the time.

What does this one mean:
Pick 35-Webb

Look at the Hawks model. Trade out Mitchell and Lewis and draft Mitchell Lewis in that year. I suspect we will try to draft a WebbJong HoneyMitch or similar this year.....

Team distance: 2538.6km

Distance kings
1. Lachie Hunter 14.8km/h
2. Lewis Young 14.5
3. Josh Dunkley 13.8

It should come as no surprise Hunter is the hardest runner at the Whitten Oval, with the ball-magnet seemingly at every contest and averaging a second-best 28.6 possessions a game for the Dogs. Second-year key defender Lewis Young is a surprise packet in second place in the endurance stakes.

Speedsters
1. Jason Johannisen 33.6km/h
2. Ed Richards 33.1
3. Hayden Crozier 33.0

Johannisen has been the fastest player on the Dogs' list since they drafted the South African-born flyer in 2011, but he now faces a challenge to retain that title with defensive playmakers Richards and Crozier adding much-needed pace to the team this season. - Ryan Davidson

Team distance: 2538.6km

Distance kings
1. Lachie Hunter 14.8km/h
2. Lewis Young 14.5
3. Josh Dunkley 13.8

It should come as no surprise Hunter is the hardest runner at the Whitten Oval, with the ball-magnet seemingly at every contest and averaging a second-best 28.6 possessions a game for the Dogs. Second-year key defender Lewis Young is a surprise packet in second place in the endurance stakes.

Speedsters
1. Jason Johannisen 33.6km/h
2. Ed Richards 33.1
3. Hayden Crozier 33.0

Johannisen has been the fastest player on the Dogs' list since they drafted the South African-born flyer in 2011, but he now faces a challenge to retain that title with defensive playmakers Richards and Crozier adding much-needed pace to the team this season. - Ryan Davidson
Was this from the Brisbane game?
Can't believe Young covers more ground than Marcrae

Dahlhaus is probably the only one with any real currency but there's no way I want to lose him. Just wish he could kick further than 35m!!!

Considering a lot of our problem seems to be the lack of experienced players, our board's seeming desire to trade out experienced players for pretty unexciting draft picks seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back