Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering a lot of our problem seems to be the lack of experienced players, our board's seeming desire to trade out experienced players for pretty unexciting draft picks seems odd.

Yep not keen on getting rid of First choice experienced players at all right now. If anything we should be adding one of two.

So our recruiting team is Sam Power and Nick Austin. So our recruiting team could be called Austin Powers?...

They will be called a lot worse than that if they stuff up this draft. I have been reading this and the 2018 draft thread and we are going to get - Pick 6, West, Khamis, Chatfield and Dawson. That's 5 AA players coming in to the side next year. Good times ahead.

They will be called a lot worse than that if they stuff up this draft. I have been reading this and the 2018 draft thread and we are going to get - Pick 6, West, Khamis, Chatfield and Dawson. That's 5 AA players coming in to the side next year. Good times ahead.
Dogs draft position after round 6 (2018)
Pick 4 = 2034 points
Pick 40 = 429 points
Pick 58 = 170 points
Pick 62 = 123 points

Too big a gap between our first and second picks, we need to find a few picks to be sure of
landing our obligation picks and picking up another gun draftee.

Note- we have moved up since round 6.

Dogs draft position after round 6 (2018)
Pick 4 = 2034 points
Pick 40 = 429 points
Pick 58 = 170 points
Pick 62 = 123 points

Too big a gap between our first and second picks, we need to find a few picks to be sure of
landing our obligation picks and picking up another gun draftee.

Note- we have moved up since round 6.
Can't we go into debt for the following year?

Still would punt on Elliott despite his injuries. Could very well be in the same mould as Norf having a crack at Higgins.

Unlike Higgins, Elliott has a chronic back condition that has already threatened his career. Now he seems to have developed chronic soft tissue problems.

Maybe you'd roll the dice if we were a club without truckloads of injury prone players...but sadly we aren't.

It would just be compounding an existing problem and really poor list management IMO.

Far better to go for more durable players like Atley who hasn't missed a game in nearly 8 years.

If it isn't already, durability just has to be a key criterion when recruiting and retaining players.

We can't just keep wandering around year after year with a qtr of our list out injured and being top 4 on the injury ladder.

Unlike Higgins, Elliott has a chronic back condition that has already threatened his career. Now he seems to have developed chronic soft tissue problems.

Maybe you'd roll the dice if we were a club without truckloads of injury prone players...but sadly we aren't.

It would just be compounding an existing problem and really poor list management IMO.

Far better to go for more durable players like Atley who hasn't missed a game in nearly 8 years.

If it isn't already, durability just has to be a key criterion when recruiting and retaining players.

We can't just keep wandering around year after year with a qtr of our list out injured and being top 4 on the injury ladder.

Funny thing is we will probably turn a durable player into an injury riddled one .. such is our luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he? I have no idea. What are his selling points??

Just seems odd that we didn’t go for some speed or goal kicking late in the draft.

Yeah I haven't seen much of him, so genuinely asking. He was reasonably highly touted for a late pick, I guess at that stage it's best player available to get someone who might make it rather than just looking for need in a player who isn't there.

Can someone explain why cal porter was drafted?
He dominated for Gippsland. Performed well all year, I think he won 8 or 9 B&Fs in a row leading up to TAC Cup.
Footscray reports seem to indicate it's midfield or bust though.

Just seems odd that we didn’t go for some speed or goal kicking late in the draft.
He was in the TAC cup team of the year on the bench, only three players from the team failed to
be drafted Mitch Podhajski, David Handley and Cassidy Parish. The only player to miss being
drafted from the All Australian Team was Izak Rankine because he was too young. Callum
Porter has the drive, but his disposal is problematic welcome to the handball club. :(

Hard nut midfielder that can play forward and kick goals im tac levels
Comes from a professional background and if he was 5-6cm taller
He would have been a top 30 talent

Tackles and applies great pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back