Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a little harsh. Throughout 2015 and 2016 he had definitely broken out and was a staple of our best 22. He had become a more attacking player and was regularly hitting the scoreboard quite well for a midfielder. Mitch then broke his leg and we all know how difficult that is to come back from and no doubt he would still be working through that now.

It might be a touch harsh, but I can't fit him into our best 22. There's other players with better skill sets on our list unfortunately.

Does he fit in yours?

It might be a touch harsh, but I can't fit him into our best 22. There's other players with better skill sets on our list unfortunately.

Does he fit in yours?
Borderline right now but I'd back him in to be a different player to the one we saw only briefly last year after returning from his double-break to the leg.

We know that form recovery after such an injury is usually slow. He will have had his first proper pre-season in 2 years (even if slightly interrupted) and he will no doubt have had discussions with Bev and other coaching staff about how his game needs to adapt to be best value to the side. All of these should make a difference to the Wallis of 2017.

I'd back him in to cement a spot this year.

However if he doesn't he could still leave despite his strong personal and family history with the club. After all he was reported to be considering leaving at the end of 2014 (his choice, not the club's) ... until BMac resigned.

So Libba with a second ACL will surely have decreased trade value now?
Is having guys with multiple ACLs, Adams, Roughead, Dickson always on the injury list just too much for us to carry?

Just when we thought we had a good run with injuries this year (for once)

We lose Morris, Adams, Libba, all top 10 players on the team for half a season to a year. And Picken could be indefinite if he is still showing effects of a concussion. Crozier now hurt as well. Starting to derail already and only Round 1 haha

I would persist with Adams though, may need to drop a few kg's if weight is any issue for his feet. Think this will be Picken and Morris last seasons as well

We might be the only club in the AFL that doesn’t have any player in our list who is a natural forward as well as providing some form of X-factor. Forward line options are so vanilla!

Doesn't help that we deliberately structure up so poorly and play to our weaknesses....

I'm just looking at the team and currently I just don't see enough elite talent.

Too many c grade players
And we are piss more at marking and kicking. Maybe the worst team

Don't mention the slowest

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might be the only club in the AFL that doesn’t have any player in our list who is a natural forward as well as providing some form of X-factor. Forward line options are so vanilla!
Well we did have one, but we decided to kick him out of the club last trade period.

yesterday avg Games 68.6
under 50: 10
50-99 : 5

2015 rd 1 74.2
under 50 : 4
50-99: 7

essentially the vfl team of 2015 is now the afl team of 2018.
i know a few players will come in to boost the age like - wallis, redpath

TBH i thought by now this list would be primed. how wrong i was

Anyone know our average games vs GWS average games?

From yesterday:

Dogs - 68.6
GWS - 93.4

GWS - 25 years 4 months

While I agree with this and other assessments like this, it has no bearing on our appalling selections, team structure, work ethic and desire to win the contest....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back