Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Kelly pls.

28668206.jpg
We could get that old guy Griffen for pick 88 if he wins their B&F

geez our VFL forward line is looking big for next year

lipinski, young, green
mchugh, english, cloke

Cloke will be in the seniors I would say! Will allow Boyd to ruck a bit more and Roughy to play some forward minutes (his marking is so under rated).

Wouldn't be surprised if Lipinski played seniors early too!

Am I the only one who thinks Josh Kelly is ridiculously overrated?? I keep seeing people mention him in the Bontempelli, Merrett, Cripps discussion. I reckon he's a couple of levels below them. Neat ball user, but his production is nowhere near them three.

Am I the only one who thinks Josh Kelly is ridiculously overrated?? I keep seeing people mention him in the Bontempelli, Merrett, Cripps discussion. I reckon he's a couple of levels below them. Neat ball user, but his production is nowhere near them three.

I would have him on a par with Merrett. Not on par to Cripps and definitely not on a par with Bontempelli.

I still think his game has a lot of improvement left in it though and he would be an amazing add for any team if he wanted to come to Melbourne.

I would have him on a par with Merrett. Not on par to Cripps and definitely not on a par with Bontempelli.

I still think his game has a lot of improvement left in it though and he would be an amazing add for any team if he wanted to come to Melbourne.
You need to watch Merrett more! He's easily on Cripps' level!

Looking at our Drafting this year, look at someone like Lewis Young who only just made the draft. how high could he have gone with another 12 months in the system ?

I can really see us trading next season for future pick in 2018, to get the most value for picking up west. even if we go with late picks next season we can afford too given how young our list is, plus we might be adding some ready made players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why not? we have 12 months to get into his ear, we have the destination, we have the coin, we have the people (jmac) who can be bold in what we want.

If we could only grab one who should we trade for next year out of Wright, May, Pearce, Haynes, Lever or Riewoldt?

Salary cap will be tight though with the pay rises to retain all our dual premiership players.

If we could only grab one who should we trade for next year out of Wright, May, Pearce, Haynes, Lever or Riewoldt?

Salary cap will be tight though with the pay rises to retain all our dual premiership players.

415.png

If that happened my bender would probably last 6-7 months and I'd probably miss most of the next season.

Yep

Vanilla imo

How much do we need Wright when we could develop English into a similar sort of player. (Obviously more of a ruck).

Haynes for me.
Agree, throw in Boyd also who would be fighting for a ruck/fwd position with him.

I reckon Haynes isn't a number one and is best suited as a three/occasional two who we already have in Cordy and Wood, we need a number one who can play as a two also.

May fits that bill

z101, post: 47991734, member: 173341"]What about Bonampalli's level? (Brian Taylor pronunciation of Bontempelli)
Is he from Romsey, out of the Calder Cannons football factory??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back