Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we simply went the best player then I'd agree, but considering we have drafted/traded multiple tall forwards and with the pending holes in our defense I reckon Lever, May, Pearce or Haynes would be the way to go.

Definitely get what you're saying however there's more chance of our recent draftees developing into gun defenders then into a superstar CHF which I believe Wright has the potential to be.

English should play 60% in the ruck in the future at the very least and then Boyd/Wright can split the remaining 40%. And we won't lose much up forward in the mean time.

We would legitimately be unstoppable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we could only grab one who should we trade for next year out of Wright, May, Pearce, Haynes, Lever or Riewoldt?

Salary cap will be tight though with the pay rises to retain all our dual premiership players.
May, minutely ahead of Lever.
May is probably in the top 3 for tall defenders in the competition, would be a superstar if he played for a Victorian club.
Lever is a rolled gold CHB.

May will soon be named co-captain of the Suns. I would love to recruit him but don't think it is going to happen anytime soon.

Lever come on down

If we could only grab one who should we trade for next year out of Wright, May, Pearce, Haynes, Lever or Riewoldt?

Salary cap will be tight though with the pay rises to retain all our dual premiership players.
Haynes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haynes loves GWS, GWS loves Haynes and he's locked up to a pong term contract. He's a jet but why is his name always round this parts?

Jasper Pittard is one of the best runners out of defence and we need half backs in the post Moyd/Murph era. Underrated, a free agent and a realistic target if Port have a third consecutive year out of finals and Pittard goes chasing success.

Motlop would still be our target I imagine if we're talking FA's.

Haynes loves GWS, GWS loves Haynes and he's locked up to a pong term contract. He's a jet but why is his name always round this parts?

Jasper Pittard is one of the best runners out of defence and we need half backs in the post Moyd/Murph era. Underrated, a free agent and a realistic target if Port have a third consecutive year out of finals and Pittard goes chasing success.
I would love him. Imagine the melts if Port lost him. Is a Vic boy as well.

The fact that they passed on Luke Ryan on our first three picks in
the draft who is better by foot than Jasper Pittard suggests this
is not a huge priority for the recruiters and yes i expected Luke
Ryan's name to be read out at Pick 49 and am disappointed it was
not.

I like pittard and would happily take him, but half backs are hardly a need for us. We've just won a premiership in a pseudo-post Murphy era. The only new loss we really have to cover is moyd, but I'm pretty confident we can do that between Williams, suckling, Roarke, lynch, Webb and prudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back