Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News just in : Sam Reid of the Swans is very gettable. Maybe a smudge over $500k a season will get it done. Apparently Tigers keen, maybe as a backup to Schache plans.
From memory we were into him a few years ago or was he just on the big footy wishlist?

Looks more out of touch from having no continuity rather than being an average player from what I've seen?

I would throw a few dollars at Hunt from the Demons if he was gettable!

From memory we were into him a few years ago or was he just on the big footy wishlist?

Looks more out of touch from having no continuity rather than being an average player from what I've seen?

I would throw a few dollars at Hunt from the Demons if he was gettable!
Thought the same about Hunt earlier tonight, particularly if we lose JJ. Him or Pittard fit the bill nicely.

I know many of us have this opinion and his GF heroics were undeniable but he still has to be a useful contributor in the 22 each week in the here and now. His marking shows little or no improvement and he seems unable to adjust his technique. Several times yesterday for example, he put one arm up to mark/ contest? when one on one with a shorter opponent. It will be interesting to see what happens if any multiple combination of Roughead, Cloke, Redpath, Crameri and Dickson can come back and play good football. Then Boyd's contribution to the team may face further examination.

I don't dispute what you say. I'm simply coming from the point of view that I'd rather have the flag (which he played a huge part in) than Boyd have a Gary Lyon type career (and no flag).

Thought the same about Hunt earlier tonight, particularly if we lose JJ. Him or Pittard fit the bill nicely.

I understand he has put contract talks on hold, but do you guys see it as realistic/ possible/ likely that you lose JJ? I'm just curious as I wouldn't have thought he would be looking to leave you guys.

News just in : Sam Reid of the Swans is very gettable. Maybe a smudge over $500k a season will get it done. Apparently Tigers keen, maybe as a backup to Schache plans.

Wasn't there a report some years back that he and his brother would never come to the Dogs over the way his father was treated when he played for us? I wouldn't swear hand on heart to it but I think I saw that somewhere.

JJ and Gomez need to be stitched up , before worrying about who' s out there.
Both these blokes are now a huge part of our future.
Fronks info has me very pessimistic about JJ :(

JJ and Gomez need to be stitched up , before worrying about who' s out there.
Both these blokes are now a huge part of our future.
Fronks info has me very pessimistic about JJ :(

Hasn't JJ put off contract negs to year's end? If so, I doubt our list managers are putting the cue in the rack on other opportunities until the end of the year.

I really hope we are planning to trade with Brissie for their first Rd pick this year. (Assuming Brissie are bottom two). And we then have a crack at drafting a gun marking fwd.

We should be targeting FAs as well.

JJ is irreplaceable but Hunt is just about the next best thing. I'd imagine the Dee's would have similar views on trading Hunt as we do on JJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't JJ put off contract negs to year's end? If so, I doubt our list managers are putting the cue in the rack on other opportunities until the end of the year.

I really hope we are planning to trade with Brissie for their first Rd pick this year. (Assuming Brissie are bottom two). And we then have a crack at drafting a gun marking fwd.

We should be targeting FAs as well.

JJ is irreplaceable but Hunt is just about the next best thing. I'd imagine the Dee's would have similar views on trading Hunt as we do on JJ.

The only way we get a pick like that is trading a player like JJ. Plus more.

The only way we get a pick like that is trading a player like JJ. Plus more.

Not sure it's the only way. Lot of water to go under the bridge.

I saw a list of Essendon players who at season end will be OOC/FA/RFA. It's a big list.

By virtue of them uncovering substantial young talent in 2016 whilst their "12" were suspended, they may in fact experience a talent and cap squeeze come season end.

Are there any Bombers we see as filling any gaping holes on our list ?

We cannot match that - nor should we. Usually I doubt JJ would go there unless they showed significant improvement, but for 900k and with a flag and a Norm Smith already under his belt why wouldn't he?

I assume we would get their first rounder.

But why would Gold Coast want him? It's not like their missing piece is that running HBF/wing guy. To get him and pay that much for him is absolutely absurd in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back