Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bevo would've known what he was going to do in 2017 before the final siren on GF Day.
It's exciting when you think about all the closed training sessions we've been having. As what happened last pre season, Bevo had something up his sleeve.
I believe the trade period happens after the Grand Final so
no he would not, not to mention the draft. A coach has to
adapt his philosophy to the players he has available week
to week and deal with fluctuations in form not to mention
injuries and of course the variety of opponents you face
who prioritize different facets of the game. Oh of course
there are the rule changes too like the end of third man
up in the ruck to counter, phew i am tired already.;)

Bevo can see into the future

Let's be honest, Bev knew we were getting Cloke from about 2/3s of the way through the season. The whole football world was convinced.

Yojimbo, I'm not sure if you've been part of a modern day football program but even at local level clubs and coaches are looking ahead long before seasons are over.
Fair enough you need to see which personal will be available each week but nearly all coaches adapt so they can continue around the same game plan regardless who is on the pitch.
Look at how Clarkson went about it for years. He would have his next game plan sorted before the last one won them a flag.
To suggest Bevo still may not be sure how we are going to go about it this season is laughable.

Last edited:
Yojimbo, I'm not sure if you've been part of a modern day football program but even at local level clubs and coaches are looking ahead long before seasons are over.
Fair enough you need to see which personal will be available each week but nearly all coaches adapt so they can continue around the same game plan regardless who is on the pitch.
Look at how Clarkson went about it for years. He would have his next game plan sorted before the last one won them a flag.
To suggest Bevo still may not be sure how we are going to go about it this season is laughable.
You should always read back and make sure you understand the
context of a post. What i was saying related to the possible
inclusions of Stewart Crameri and Travis Cloke into the best 22
for the 2017 season and how we would have to change our
game style to accommodate them. I guess that is why they
have the closed sessions in the first place. If those two guys
come in guess what two have to go out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's as much his physical development - remember he's a year older than most draftees anyway - but he'll need to spend two years learning our structures and developing multiple tools to use like Beveridge likes to have.

Collins, for example, is physically ready to play a lot more football this year. But I doubt he will because he's still learning our defensive structures and how to fit into a zone defence set-up, after playing his junior footy as a man-on-man defender.
Explain how dunkley, bontempelli, dahlhaus,stringer and mCrea could pick it up so quickly in there first years then?
Learning structures and developing multiple tools can take one player a few drills to understand and others struggle for many reasons eg remembering, tempo, fitness etc. Its an individual question mark. will see in the nab cup and vfl games if hes picked it up or not.

Explain how dunkley, bontempelli, dahlhaus,stringer and mCrea could pick it up so quickly in there first years then?
Learning structures and developing multiple tools can take one player a few drills to understand and others struggle for many reasons eg remembering, tempo, fitness etc. Its an individual question mark. will see in the nab cup and vfl games if hes picked it up or not.
Structures for key defenders are a lot more complex than midfield structures. Positioning behind the ball, zoning off etc. then spreading once you win the ball is a lot more complex than what is sometimes a glorified see ball get ball kind of midfield role.

Beveridge was very smart to move Boyd down back because he knew that he had a very conveluted system that worked at Hawks when he was their backing coach. It's not by accident that we've been successful in the last two years with experienced players behind the ball.

Don't rate Jasper personally, poor decision maker.
very poor. Being an Adeladian I have gone to several Port games with my mate. Looking from behind the play Jasper looks really poor. Also hes not very popular with the Port fans in my mates section

Who would be more expensive to pry away from their club, Dylan Shiel or Nat Fyfe?

They probably both stay but the LEAST us other clubs could do is make them pay :D

If by some chance J.J wanted to go to Freo and say hypothetical Stringer said he wanted to follow also, would anybody do a them two for Fyfe and their first round pick that should be top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back