Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Adams worth do we think? Assuming he has a decent run with injury this year and maintains his 2016 form?

I'd suggest pick 20ish, but being off contract and the go home factor might dilute that a bit.
It's difficult to assess with Adams as being a West Australian
the go home factor limits him to a choice of two clubs being
Fremantle and West Coast. Fremantle drafted Griffin Logue
and Brennan Cox as well as trading Joel Hamling and have
Sam Collins, Alex Pearce, Zac Dawson and Michael Johnson
still on the list. West Coast on the other hand have Tom
Barrass, Eric Mackenzie, Jeremy McGovern and Will
Schofield as their main men so the opportunity may not
be that strong or the demand for his services. Anyway
i hope he stays as he suits Luke Beveridge's Team
defense philosophy.

It's difficult to assess with Adams as being a West Australian
the go home factor limits him to a choice of two clubs being
Fremantle and West Coast. Fremantle drafted Griffin Logue
and Brennan Cox as well as trading Joel Hamling and have
Sam Collins, Alex Pearce, Zac Dawson and Michael Johnson
still on the list. West Coast on the other hand have Tom
Barrass, Eric Mackenzie, Jeremy McGovern and Will
Schofield as their main men so the opportunity may not
be that strong or the demand for his services. Anyway
i hope he stays as he suits Luke Beveridge's Team
defense philosophy.
As you've pointed out, both WA teams seem pretty set for tall defenders which could be a positive for us. That is, they wouldn't be able to offer a market level salary (not as attractive for him to return home) or we could do a straight swap for one of their tall defenders.

What's Adams worth do we think? Assuming he has a decent run with injury this year and maintains his 2016 form?

I'd suggest pick 20ish, but being off contract and the go home factor might dilute that a bit.

Adams is worth more than pick 20. He was in the team of the week more than half the weeks he played. Was tracking last year as an AA defender prior to injury.

Has shown more than either Alex Pearce or Liam Duggan, but they would be my starting points in negotiation.

Edit: I actually don't think he will go back to WA. He will earn more in Melbourne.

Last edited:

On ability he is worth a first rounder but we will get gyped and settle for an upgrade of our fourth rounder.

The comedian in me thinks we should on-trade the pick plus a player or two for Steven May. He comes out of contract at the end of this year doesn't he? I just watched the Gold Coast game again today (making my way through the season pack), his hands and ability to spoil were 'Hamling'-like. :p:huh::eek: I'm prepared to cop criticism for it, but as good as Adams' form was prior to the injury, I think that Hamling was better at spoiling... he could be all over a player like Buddy without giving away the free because of his lankier build. I am happy to be wrong though :D

The comedian in me thinks we should on-trade the pick plus a player or two for Steven May. He comes out of contract at the end of this year doesn't he? I just watched the Gold Coast game again today (making my way through the season pack), his hands and ability to spoil were 'Hamling'-like. :p:huh::eek: I'm prepared to cop criticism for it, but as good as Adams' form was prior to the injury, I think that Hamling was better at spoiling... he could be all over a player like Buddy without giving away the free because of his lankier build. I am happy to be wrong though :D

Probably not wrong but Adams was far superior in the realm of intercept marking. His mobility and physicality was also something he excelled in. I personally think he is the far superior player.

Probably not wrong but Adams was far superior in the realm of intercept marking. His mobility and physicality was also something he excelled in. I personally think he is the far superior player.

I'd love to have both, it'd be a lovely combination of attack & defense in our key posts with Zaine playing the role of a third tall defender or as a tall forward. Hell, maybe he even swings down back if one of the two are having their hands full with an opponent. Versatile. :D

WHO COMES OUT ? (no homo)

(GF Incumbents).

S.Biggs, M.Bontempelli, M.Boyd, T.Boyd, Z.Cordy, L.Dahlhaus,
C.Daniel, T.Dickson, J.Dunkley, J.Hamling (Gone), L.Hunter,
J.Johannisen, T.Liberatore, J.Macrae, T.McLean, D.Morris,
L.Picken, F.Roberts, J.Roughead, C.Smith, J.Stringer, and
E.Wood.

Obvious- J.Hamling (out) and M.Adams (in).

What about, R.Murphy, S.Crameri and T.Cloke primarily if
they go in then who comes out ?
Thoughts ?:huh:

WHO COMES OUT ? (no homo)

(GF Incumbents).

S.Biggs, M.Bontempelli, M.Boyd, T.Boyd, Z.Cordy, L.Dahlhaus,
C.Daniel, T.Dickson, J.Dunkley, J.Hamling (Gone), L.Hunter,
J.Johannisen, T.Liberatore, J.Macrae, T.McLean, D.Morris,
L.Picken, F.Roberts, J.Roughead, C.Smith, J.Stringer, and
E.Wood.

Obvious- J.Hamling (out) and M.Adams (in).

What about, R.Murphy, S.Crameri and T.Cloke primarily if
they go in then who comes out ?
Thoughts ?:huh:

We had a thread dedicated to our best 22 for 2017 already mate. It ran for weeks and we voted on every player from every line. No need to start the discussion from the beginning.

We had a thread dedicated to our best 22 for 2017 already mate. It ran for weeks and we voted on every player from every line. No need to start the discussion from the beginning.
Did all the players you voted into the best 22 actually get enough
votes to get in ? I know mine did not and i am finding it hard to
balance up the dynamics of the team when you add those three
players. It's off season for gods sake.

Did all the players you voted into the best 22 actually get enough
votes to get in ? I know mine did not and i am finding it hard to
balance up the dynamics of the team when you add those three
players. It's off season for gods sake.

Well in any case this isn't the correct thread for it. This is trades and list management not team selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well in any case this isn't the correct thread for it. This is trades and list management not team selection.
I thought asking who comes out of our Grand Final 22 not (best 22)
to accommodate Murphy, Crameri and Cloke was a fair list
management topic as there is no team selection thread in the off
season, but apologies i was clearly wrong.

Crameri's next contract is probably his last, would be negligent not to test the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back