Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billings is more likely to again feature in your Bottom 50 Mofra.
Depends how much St Kilda fans talk him up (likely to be high) and how well he can adjust to an environment where he starts having to win his own football as well.
Billings is basically McLean at this stage with a silkier looking finish but not as capable overhead. McLean is a premiership player but not guaranteed a best 22 spot. Billings is their great white hope (with Gappy). We're in good shape.

Who is this Jack Billings people speak of?

Depends how much St Kilda fans talk him up (likely to be high) and how well he can adjust to an environment where he starts having to win his own football as well.
Billings is basically McLean at this stage with a silkier looking finish but not as capable overhead. McLean is a premiership player but not guaranteed a best 22 spot. Billings is their great white hope (with Gappy). We're in good shape.
This time last year he was talked up as a chance to kick 10 in a game (he 'could have got at least 7' in his famous match winning performance against 22 Bulldogs witches hats), so with another year under his belt he should be ripe for stardom.

This time last year he was talked up as a chance to kick 10 in a game (he 'could have got at least 7' in his famous match winning game against 22 Bulldogs witches hats), so with another year under his belt he should be ripe for stardom.
Yep, apart from producing it on the field for four quarters he's a superstar.

His coach is comparing him to Bontempelli - you can't talk a player up more more then that can you?

Heard there's every chance Hopper is gonna be available this off season. Not that it's really relevant to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS cap is full to bursting and have to find room for Deledio and Kelly.
Not a money issue. More a role issue. He can be one of the big dogs in a Saints or Carlton midfield, that will never happen at GWS.

I'm a massive hopper fan. Could we??
I think he'd have the same issue with us as he does at GWS. Wants to be a mid, not parked on a wing or a flank. I don't think we can offer him that.

Saints are the obvious link cos they have the currency, as are Carlton due to them always dealing with GWS.

Hawks are the sleeper for me. Fyfe stays and they're a decent shout. But then again they traded a lot for Omeara.

Hawks are the sleeper for me. Fyfe stays and they're a decent shout. But then again they traded a lot for Omeara.
Likely that Hodge finishes this year, Burgoyne this year or next. They have a few older types rotating out of the side so cap space will be no issue for them.
How many more years will Roughy play as well?

Likely that Hodge finishes this year, Burgoyne this year or next. They have a few older types rotating out of the side so cap space will be no issue for them.
How many more years will Roughy play as well?
They have cap space, but what can they trade?? They got rid of anything worth parting with (that isn't a gun player, e.g Breust) when they got Mitchell and Omeara.

Much more.

"Hey JJ, wanna stay at the club for 3 more years?

"How much ya got?"

"$450k a year"

"Ya dreamin"

"We'll call you back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back