Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not shipping anybody off. If they approach and convince a player to move, so be it - but I wouldn't push to move anybody on. Prefer to move picks.

This you dont get anywhere trading players you want to keep for other good players, you get them to nominate your club then trade picks to make it happen

Hope these poor blokes aren't reading this... Being traded like sides of meat. :(

Dig your heels in, fellas!

fdc2a46b235b49208b2b5426f4dad4bb.jpg

It is the trade thread. There is nothing serious or personal here.

Pure mindless hypotheticals.

The question of who we can most afford to let go out of Young, Williams and Daniel is just not relevant though. If Adelaide ask for any of them, we can say no and offer them a picks only deal. If lever says he wants to play for us, we'll be able to get him in a picks only deal.

You're right, but I just find it fun to talk about these hypotheticals. Makes people think about who they value over others.

In reality though, in this situation we would indeed have the...Lever-age

The club read this so I can't see why the players wouldn't.
Uuuummmmmm, what......???

Ahem.

I think the Western Bulldogs need to employ a bloke from the country, about 32 years of age, 6'0" tall, with the initials NH. Just to hang around the club, attend all the meetings, chat with the players, kick a ball or two, and just generally be a good bloke around the rooms.

Doesn't even need to be a lot. Lazy $50k a year, plus travel with the team during the season.

We can all agree on that, yeah?

Uuuummmmmm, what......???

Ahem.

I think the Western Bulldogs need to employ a bloke from the country, about 32 years of age, 6'0" tall, with the initials NH. Just to hang around the club, attend all the meetings, chat with the players, kick a ball or two, and just generally be a good bloke around the rooms.

Doesn't even need to be a lot. Lazy $50k a year, plus travel with the team during the season.

We can all agree on that, yeah?
Was quoting a post earlier, but forgot to quote it :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've changed my mind on the retirements. I think Murphy and Morris should join Boyd and all hang them up end of this year. It kills me to say it, especially for Morris but he can go out on top on his own accord. None of them deserve to dropped mid-season and not play again.

When i think of this time next year, we need to be playing our kids each week. Dale, Williams and Cordy should be playing every week now. And next year transitioning Webb, Collins, Young, Lapinski etc into the team when best 22 players are injured or out of form so they can get some consistency and be established at AFL level (or we find out they arent up to it)

Williams gets traded I'll fight everyone. I'll go off like a rat in a hot tin bucket. He's gonna be an absolute gem. With Murphy and Boyd both leaving his opportunities go up big time.

I'd be gutted if he left.

Um, who is suggested Williams get traded?

First I've heard of it, but it ain't gonna happen.

I've changed my mind on the retirements. I think Murphy and Morris should join Boyd and all hang them up end of this year. It kills me to say it, especially for Morris but he can go out on top on his own accord. None of them deserve to dropped mid-season and not play again.

So you're suggesting he should retire this year, and then saying he should make the decision of his own accord?

Is anyone on here that suggests Crows would ask for an SA boy actually living in SA?

If you have ever lived in Adelaide, there is nothing more exciting than getting out of the place! Honestly, how many times do you hear of someone getting home sick for Adelaide?

I really don't see it having the same drawing power as it does for the Perth/Melbourne/Sydney locations. Adelaide is only really good if you like getting on the piss or grapes, both are counter productive for a good football career.

Crows are looking for inside mids, one I posted a while back was they asked for Crameri. Again, there view of a player, not ours.

We know the players/club read bigfooty or at least have knowledge of the JP thread. We have the latter on tape.

I've known Bevo reads this board ever since I made the "English on a Wing" thread and he actually tried it a week later. Unfortunately he didn't realise I was trolling.

Is anyone on here that suggests Crows would ask for an SA boy actually living in SA?

If you have ever lived in Adelaide, there is nothing more exciting than getting out of the place! Honestly, how many times do you hear of someone getting home sick for Adelaide?

I really don't see it having the same drawing power as it does for the Perth/Melbourne/Sydney locations. Adelaide is only really good if you like getting on the piss or grapes, both are counter productive for a good football career.

Crows are looking for inside mids, one I posted a while back was they asked for Crameri. Again, there view of a player, not ours.
I agree about Adelaide being a shithole but Bryce Gibbs says hi.

What has Williams actually done at AFL level apart from show glimpses? JJ has a Norm Smith and is one of the most damaging half backs in the comp. Bailey Williams was a wild card pick who might be great or might do nothing or something in the middle.
JJ didn't get to the level he is at overnight, Williams has shown more than JJ did at the same stage imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back