Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there speculation that X Richards was the player McCartney was having a look at earlier in the year?

And we are holding onto a player that will get us a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd round draft pick next year when he leaves.

At which point our key defensive posts are definitely depleted
We are holding onto a player that may re-sign, or who knows, stays healthy and continues the form shown at the beginning of this season, ends up AA and gets us a top 10 pick

Alright finally got some goss... Not WB related unfortunately.

Was on the plane today from Perth to Melb and there was a Richmond recruiter as well as a North Melbourne recruiter - didn't hear what he was saying however he was referenced by the Richmond recruiter who was behind me.

Anyway the Richmond recruiter was saying that pick 6 is gone to Gold Coast for Prestia (no surprises there) and that their first pick they would likely have in the draft would be in the mid 30's.

We are holding onto a player that may re-sign, or who knows, stays healthy and continues the form shown at the beginning of this season, ends up AA and gets us a top 10 pick

Lets be honest he is unlikely to stay. Freo is acting uninterested because Hamling may have stayed if Adams left.

They will come again next year like the vultures they are.. don't know how to build their own list

Alright finally got some goss... Not WB related unfortunately.

Was on the plane today from Perth to Melb and there was a Richmond recruiter as well as a North Melbourne recruiter - didn't hear what he was saying however he was referenced by the Richmond recruiter who was behind me.

Anyway the Richmond recruiter was saying that pick 6 is gone to Gold Coast for Prestia (no surprises there) and that their first pick they would likely have in the draft would be in the mid 30's.

Didn't we know this?

Was played out of position far too often imo

Was a solid half forward when he was sparingly used there, but had too many Eade mosquito types for him to do much there

I actually liked him on the bench , looked far more comfortable at AFL level sitting there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't we know this?

Don;t know, haven't read all the pages and not entirely across the comings and goings. However don't they have a pick in the 20's from Vickery? It would suggest to me that more trades to come...?

Anyway make of it what you will, just thought I'd share it in the event that is may fill any any missing pieces of anyone's puzzles...

Don;t know, haven't read all the pages and not entirely across the comings and goings. However don't they have a pick in the 20's from Vickery? It would suggest to me that more trades to come...?

Anyway make of it what you will, just thought I'd share it in the event that is may fill any any missing pieces of anyone's puzzles...

Sorry.. just realised about pick 26.

Honeychurch? Jk ;)

Last edited:
And we are holding onto a player that will get us a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd round draft pick next year when he leaves.

At which point our key defensive posts are definitely depleted
If he leaves. 12 months is a long time in football.
Further we may have our eye on a potential replacement in the draft this year (remembering that Hamling was a DFA and Adams was a mature aged draft pick) or next year.

I don't really care about not being linked to anyone. A key defender would be nice but that's only if we lose both Hamling and Adams.

I would though prefer if we got some of the simple trades out of the way earlier. Hrovat, Stevens, Hamling and possibly even Honeychurch. Mainly because it would allow us more time to possibly negotiate an upgrade or swap of picks (like St Kilda did) which could be to our advantage.

We should have plenty more 2nd and 3rd rounders. Would be nice to upgrade next years draft to have a really strong hand at the draft and trade table.

In the end though if Jmac manages to give us a good hand on the last day then who really cares when the trades get done.

As long as they just get done then it won't matter.

I don't really care about not being linked to anyone. A key defender would be nice but that's only if we lose both Hamling and Adams.

I would though prefer if we got some of the simple trades out of the way earlier. Hrovat, Stevens, Hamling and possibly even Honeychurch. Mainly because it would allow us more time to possibly negotiate an upgrade or swap of picks (like St Kilda did) which could be to our advantage.

We should have plenty more 2nd and 3rd rounders. Would be nice to upgrade next years draft to have a really strong hand at the draft and trade table.

In the end though if Jmac manages to give us a good hand on the last day then who really cares when the trades get done.

As long as they just get done then it won't matter.

Probably some of the general impatience is because Gordon said we would be big players and we seem to have done nothing.. yes we went for Hurley but that was over before trade period began

They are still looking for Tippett and Rohan....

If they look closely, they'll find them.

Image not taken at the Swans 2016 post grand final family day

Where’s_Wally_World_Record_(5846729480).jpg

Last edited:
Probably some of the general impatience is because Gordon said we would be big players and we seem to have done nothing.. yes we went for Hurley but that was over before trade period began

True. He certainly did and at this stage it's probably not going to be correct.

Dalrymple is a genius at the draft. If I'm Jmac I'm giving him as much currency as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back