Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long time watcher first time poster.... Deledio to Geelong at a full stalemate. With Hamling and Adams likely to go any chance that pick 18 and Honeychurch will be offered up to Richmond for Deledio?
Interesting proposition. I really like Deledio as a great fit for us.

murphy2bedabest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2003
On the final table-ALL IN
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Man U and Melbourne Storm
Adams for a future 1st round (add on needed ?)

If we trade hamling, pick 35

Gives us pick 18 35 40 Stevens and Hrovat picks and 2 2017 1st rd picks.

Package up 18 and a future pick to the GC for 8 22 and 26

Seek a trade with North or port for 9/11 for 22 and 26

Gives us pick 8, 9/11 35 40 that we can use in other trades or take to the draft

Jake lever is a player we should look at, good Victorian boy, 20yo 36 games.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Koby Stevens polled 6 brownlow votes this year. Just for reference, here's a list of players who got a similar number (between 5 and 7):
  • Boak
  • M. Crouch
  • Dahl
  • B. Grundy
  • Montagna
  • Scully
  • Shiel
  • Ziebell
  • Ablett
  • Armitage
  • J. Gibson
  • Greene
  • Pigshooter
  • Hogan
  • J. Kelly
  • Motlop
  • Stevens
  • Tyson
  • Tex
  • Heeney
  • S. Johnson
  • LeCras
  • Lobb
  • T. Lynch (Adelaide)
  • Patton
  • S. Thompson (Adelaide)
  • Wallis
  • Watts
  • Young
  • Zorko
Is there anyone on that list who wouldn't fetch a second round pick at the least if they were 25 and their body wasn't cooked?

Now here's a list of players who were traded primarily for second round picks in 2015:
  • Melksham- seriously, wtf
  • Hampton
  • Bell
  • Seedsman
  • Howe
  • Rosa
  • T. Menzel
  • Yarran
For a bit of extra context, Jack Redden and Ryan Bastinac were traded for first round picks last year.

Honestly, I don't see how Koby isn't worth 36, let alone not even an upgrade from 40 to 36.

I doubt they would be looking at brownlow votes mate. I think these are the key reasons why he's worth a late pick

1. Was not in either West Coast's or our best 22 when traded. Was he even an emergency in any of our finals?
2. Only played 74 games after 7 years. The player's you mentioned above in Redden and Bastinac have almost doubled the games Steven's has played with over 140 games each
3. His ball use and awareness can be a bit iffy.

Basically, it's quite hard to argue that he's anything more then a depth player from our point of view. Yes he's had a handful of really good games with our club, but he hasn't been able to get it done consistently enough and will often break down with injury.

How about we give you the first rounder just to take hill. Adams doesn't even need to be involved!

Still unders for us, jeez. Trade yourselves up to pick 1 & then we'll talk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BulldogJake

All Australian
Jul 24, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have a feeling Joel Hamling will stay on. I heard about the rumour before it broke, around prelim final week I think but after the premiership and the relationship he has with his teammates I think he might follow Jong in re-signing with us, just got that feeling.
Touch (Easton) Wood though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back