Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet look at their list now. He has managed to start by getting so many good young kids and many have been used as currency. Looking at their list one might suggest it's now fairly formidable . Maybe not such a fool after all.
I think that's more down to the ridiculous concessions they've been given by the AFL. What the AFL gifted them with is incomparable to GC, such was the difference in concessions, however they also suffered from poor drafting. GWS could have been even more dominant had SOS drafted better kids.

Its a odd opinion but reckon if dogs had their own vfl side, alot more players would have developed better.
Not saying they would still be on our list but players like Hooper, Panos, Skinner, Hill etc would have been suited for a role instead of thrown around

I heard a rumour that Hooper reinvented himself into Caleb Daniel. However, I don't fully trust the source of that rumour.

That's an easy one.

Danny Del Rey.
Danny Del Rey: kick it with your nose, it's bigger than your foot!!!

Ilja Grjic (I think this is the right spelling.
Shoot ball straight, faken!!!
GEE I MISS THOSE AMAZING SATURDAY AFTERNOONS AT THE WESTERN OVAL. COLD AND SINKING IN THE TINNIES!!!

Mick Barlow. Any interest? Would be handy support especially off half back.
Not really. We're pretty deep off half back while boyd and Murphy are around, and he's always played his best footy in the middle anyway. He's a good player, but he's much more suited to other clubs in need of inside mids.

Not really. We're pretty deep off half back while boyd and Murphy are around, and he's always played his best footy in the middle anyway. He's a good player, but he's much more suited to other clubs in need of inside mids.

What about Michael Barlow from Geelong as a back up forward? he would be on the cheap. the problem is would he be too risky to pick up. was quite a talent at one stage. any thoughts?

At seasons end, I don't think Hamilton's too far behind Bailey Dale, if at all. Bailey D played some cracking games but then goes missing for the next few. They have also moved him around in different positions a bit, could have had an effect, he is also selfish at times trying to 'get noticed', doesn't do him any favours when you consider how the firsts play, it's all about the team.

Like Williams, but like Webb more at the moment, love that long left foot from the guts to the forward line (Frankston game got us over the line). All these guys are still developing and maturing. Wouldn't want to ditch anyone this year, they all have potential to develop. Reassess end 2017.
Agree on Webb, he may have taken a tiny bit longer to adjust to the pace (compared to some of our other young players anyway) but the kids going to be a ******* gun soon enough. He's got everything and that boot will be a genuine weapon. Has shown the ability to hit the scoreboard hard and rack up the ball in the VFL when he starts doing that in the AFL, along with his ball use and strong marking ability, watch out.

Highest paid certainly and the highest paid must be the best as
an extension of the uncertainty theory, well at least in the top
five hundred anyway.;)
Clearly the bont will be, I mean we all think he will win multiple premierships, AAs, B&Fs, maybe a normie and a Brownlow too.

So if this side goes down the path that we are all hoping for, being multiple premierships. Then Tom Boyd will be a big part of that.

If he continues his form from the GF there is no reason why he cant finish in the top 3 goal kickers of all time at the club. He should have won a normie already so is every chance to win one, maybe even a Coleman.

If Boyd is doing all this during years that we are playing finals, GFs And winning premierships, then he is every chance to get an AA or two or even a B&F.

there are a lot of IFs I give you that, but I really do see Boyd just showing why he was paid so much, and have been saying that since day one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder to what extent signings would be based on friendship maintenance. I've always been more productive, and have produced my best work, with supportive colleagues around me whom I consider friends.
First off stringer is being well looked after and there are a few people at the club suited to advise him on how to manage his money.

Jason also deserves to get paid, and i cant see him wanting to leave anyway. I cant see any of the players wanting to leave.

On stringer I think for him playing with jj and hunter and winning with them is a huge factor

We are not squeaky clean in getting the alignment right either. We were aligned with Werribee when James Podsiadly was there and we had no forwards and our attitude every year was "nothing to see here" and then with Williamstown they had to pay us to take Picken! Thankfully our talent spotting and drafting has improved markedly since those days.
Ben Hudson was a bigger miss IMO, right under our noses as well.

We missed Dane Rampe when we were aligned to Williamstown, quite a few were impressed with how strong he was in the hips which meant running out of the backline he just never got caught.

Ben Hudson was a bigger miss IMO, right under our noses as well.

We missed Dane Rampe when we were aligned to Williamstown, quite a few were impressed with how strong he was in the hips which meant running out of the backline he just never got caught.

Like when he didn't get caught by Picken in the grand final? :D

Like when he didn't get caught by Picken in the grand final? :D
Picken is a freak - and thank you Williamstown for paying for half of his rookie contract salary :cool:

Clearly the bont will be, I mean we all think he will win multiple premierships, AAs, B&Fs, maybe a normie and a Brownlow too.

So if this side goes down the path that we are all hoping for, being multiple premierships. Then Tom Boyd will be a big part of that.

If he continues his form from the GF there is no reason why he cant finish in the top 3 goal kickers of all time at the club. He should have won a normie already so is every chance to win one, maybe even a Coleman.

If Boyd is doing all this during years that we are playing finals, GFs And winning premierships, then he is every chance to get an AA or two or even a B&F.

there are a lot of IFs I give you that, but I really do see Boyd just showing why he was paid so much, and have been saying that since day one.
Bontempelli is a wonderful player for his age, he has Royce Hart like
presence up forward and Scott Pendlebury like poise in the middle.
He is an absolute freak, in the pressured environment that was the
grand final his possession efficiency stood out like a beacon. It
was no surprise he provided two of Tom Boyd's three goals, i do
worry that we are very reliant on Marcus Bontempelli to be that
guy in a time of need, but he appears very durable and very much
up to it mentally even with the pressure of a constant tag.

Joel Tippett delisted by north. Wouldn't mind a rookie spot for depth. Surprised brad Mckenzie was delisted also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back