Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posts like this just scream Jake for a second rounder.

I'll spew if we don't get a first round pick for him.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.jpg
    IMG_1908.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 12
Suddenly our back half looks solid if it did eventuate...can't see us getting both Lever and Trengove though - but who knows atm!

B: Wood Trengove Biggs
HB: JJ Adams Lever

Cordy - probably moves forward

Roberts/Williams/Morris/Collins/Young depth.
That would be a very good backline, a great mix of intercept marking along with solid bodies for the big opposition forwards, plus if we could get saad from Gold Coast we could release JJ as a forward flanker at times depending on match ups, we all know bevo is big on defence and this would be a structure that would hold up with most teams, I know our forward line really looks light on for goalkickers but if we can sort out our delivery into the forward line even an average forward can look good if your getting good delivery lace out. Also we could still have pick 9 if the 3 way trade with stringer to Carlton, Gibbs to Adelaide and lever to us works in an ideal situation as has been stated.

Well here's my take on the Stringer interview.

He looked bother embarrassed to be there and an emotional mess. I believe he was there as Conners needed to get word out there that he's worth something to potential suitors.
On the claim of him being shocked, I'm amazed. I cannot believe that he could be that blind that he hadn't been pulled aside during the past 2 years and spoken to about a range of issues. He's been through a lot but it just goes to show the naivety of some young guys.
As for not having spoken to Bevo, an obvious follow up question for him would have been "have you tried to?" If so then this raises some questions I have no answers for. If not they why not? If he's so genuinely upset/distressed at the news and so contrite then man up and sit down and tell him you've stuffed up but you passionately want to stay and repay the club in spades. This lack of fight tells me a trade is best for all. A shame if he reaches his potential but we can take heart he's managed to turn his life around.

Well here's my take on the Stringer interview.

He looked bother embarrassed to be there and an emotional mess. I believe he was there as Conners needed to get word out there that he's worth something to potential suitors.
On the claim of him being shocked, I'm amazed. I cannot believe that he could be that blind that he hadn't been pulled aside during the past 2 years and spoken to about a range of issues. He's been through a lot but it just goes to show the naivety of some young guys.
As for not having spoken to Bevo, an obvious follow up question for him would have been "have you tried to?" If so then this raises some questions I have no answers for. If not they why not? If he's so genuinely upset/distressed at the news and so contrite then man up and sit down and tell him you've stuffed up but you passionately want to stay and repay the club in spades. This lack of fight tells me a trade is best for all. A shame if he reaches his potential but we can take heart he's managed to turn his life around.
Yeah. We can all take heart when he tears us a new one in coming years in finals.

I just really hope the club takes a hard stance and doesn't give in to this new found 'preferred destination' business. Trading him to one of our direct competitors is just bad business, we haven't beat Geelong in 10 years but we'll trade them Stringer for pick 20 and steak knives? Would rather we keep him and let him walk at the end of next year, even if he rots away in the ressies.

Ben Lennon anyone? Second leading goal kicker in the VFL this season. He wouldn't cost us much and we are in need of natural forwards.

Well the guys on SEN this morning were saying thats all Geelong have and it should be enough.

Don't they have a future 1st? SEN is the bastard child of AFL nation nowadays (huchies business) who also run Barrett and his agenda, who, surprise surprise, hates our club. Ignore them; they are all campaigners

If anybody saw the Connors interview on Open Mike, Connors states one of the priorities he advises clients is to remain one club players.
I'll support the club decision, as unlike the cynics, I trust plenty of work was done to sort the JS problem.
If no decent trade comes up, we keep him, build s bridge, move on
If a top 10 pick is gained and we use it to our advantage for a planned player raid, I've no problem either.
If we fold and undersell, I,like many, will be totally perplexed.

Ben Lennon anyone? Second leading goal kicker in the VFL this season. He wouldn't cost us much and we are in need of natural forwards.

Pick 77 and a list spot and I might consider taking the risk on him. Has done f'all except for 1 game in 30.

Jeeeeeezus Christ!

The angst in here is palpable.

It's like the dam wall of "miserable bulldog supporter perspective" was held back a year and now it's broken through and destroying everything in its path.

Can we relax a bit? Did Adelaide supporters lose it like this over Dangerfield? Hawks over Buddy?

Stringer is unlikely to ever be near as good as those blokes and you've all ******* lost it.

Jeeeeeezus Christ!

It's like the dam wall of "miserable bulldog supporter perspective" was held back a year and now it's broken through and destroying everything in its path.

Can we relax a bit? Did Adelaide supporters lose it like this over Dangerfield? Hawks over Buddy?

Stringer is unlikely to ever be near as good as those blokes and you've all ******* lost it.
The supporters probably did but the most important thing was that the club didn't. Hawthorn went on to win flags and the Crows are a big chance this year.

As long as our club know what they are doing (which i have no reason to believe otherwise...hello 2016 Premiers breaking 62 year drought) i have no issue with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L
Don't they have a future 1st? SEN is the bastard child of AFL nation nowadays (huchies business) who also run Barrett and his agenda, who, surprise surprise, hates our club. Ignore them; they are all campaigners

Simple then. Plays for us in 2018 and we consider taking their 2019 first. Really what's the point of trading a player when you don't get paid for 12 months? Might as well sell him next year, at least he wouldn't have to play against us next year then.

The supporters probably did but the most important thing was that the club didn't. Hawthorn went on to win flags and the Crows are a big chance this year.

As long as our club know what they are doing (which i have no reason to believe otherwise...hello 2016 Premiers breaking 62 year drought) i have no issue with this.

Buddy was the cherry on top of an extremely good list build, Adelaide had the very good spine of a team you can build around.

Take Stringer out of our team right now and our forward line is even more of a shambles. That's my greatest concern, we just won't be able to put out a forward line to worry teams. I still hope things can be worked out as it appears he really wants to stay, I just hope it's a kick in the ass that will turn it around.

Take Stringer out of our team right now and our forward line is even more of a shambles. That's my greatest concern, we just won't be able to put out a forward line to worry teams. I still hope things can be worked out as it appears he really wants to stay, I just hope it's a kick in the ass that will turn it around.
This is true. As we know Jake's best asset is picking the ball up off the deck, dont arguing a couple of blokes and snapping from 40/offloading to a teammate. Opposition know this and swarm him, which frees up so many others around him.

We just dont have anyone else with that skillset. We'd better hope we bring in some very very good contested marking forwards.

Jeeeeeezus Christ!

Difference there is those guys were free agents, the club had no choice in holding them. People are angry as we are actively pushing Stringer out and given the narrative quite likely for a shocking return of a very late first round maybe even early second round pick. If the club decides they need to trade Stringer out people will accept it if compensation is adequate and it brings in a high quality player or top draft pick in return, if it is done to Geelong for pick 20 or next years first people have every right to be upset.

He looked ok last final I saw, is his tank an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back