Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, can I now start complaining that we haven't traded in Lynch in the 2018 trade period yet..... ?
Yep. Now TDC. You'll have a few friends no doubt.

Can someone ease my mind and confirm that the theory behind moving the 2018 second is that we believe we can get West with later picks/points and still be able to keep our first?

If we have to use our first on West, then not having that 2018 second really really bites us.

It's the difference between getting west and a 1st rounder, or west and a 3rd rounder.

Can someone ease my mind and confirm that the theory behind moving the 2018 second is that we believe we can get West with later picks/points and still be able to keep our first?

If we have to use our first on West, then not having that 2018 second really really bites us.

It's the difference between getting west and a 1st rounder, or west and a 3rd rounder.

Sure we can work out the points later with future trades, there's a whole trade period between now and the West draft.

Seriously you don't think we will do pick shuffles to make sure we have the points to cover all options and next year there will be live pick trades on draft night which makes it even easier to get the value needed

Yep...that's the theory. We'll be banking on West being bid on after our first pick but before the second pick we traded away.

I think West has been overrated here Fronk, of the draft watchers I respect I don't think I've seen him top 30 more than once.

Of course, things change. I don't think he's good enough at present to warrant changing your list management decisions because of, though.

We could also get additional 2nd rounders next year....

I for one am actually happy. As a long time dogs supporter its been a while since we've had a genuiune key forward. I for one would take the potential kpf over ringer...and lets remember he was a pick 2, 3 years ago and we keep our first rd picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think West has been overrated here Fronk, of the draft watchers I respect I don't think I've seen him top 30 more than once.

Of course, things change. I don't think he's good enough at present to warrant changing your list management decisions because of, though.
Fair point too Dan. I reckon you might be on the money there - and therefore trading for the 2018 draft is not quite top of our agenda just yet.

What about this:

If West goes so early that our first round pick is not enough to satisfy the points for him then they will use our next available pick, now a third rounder. We then are given a pick based on the left over points from that. Getting rid of our second was done because we foresaw we would not have a second anyway due to the West being a top pick and the f/s points rules.
Problems with this theory: isn't it a bit early to tell? Why not do that next year? Also, why would we want to put ourselves in a position where our second pick in 2018 is, on the above theory, a fourth rounder?

Can't help but feel for the Lions. After years of having so many players walking out on them, they finally get a talent like Schache who pre-draft is extremely keen to get there to honour his late father, only to have him also walk 2 year later with his own issues. His case is a bit different to Stringer's (who's issues appear to be self-inflicted), and he may never realise his full potential, but at least we got to see Stringer in full flight with an AA selection and premiership.

Brisbane just keep getting kicked when they're down.
I am so old I can remember Laurie Schache play. I looked up his stats. He was a pretty accurate shot for goal, kicked 64.27 in 29 games.

or we could make West work on his "defensive workrate"

He reeks of integrity that man C Grant. I’m thinking of going a bronze statue of him running, one arm in the air, 3 doggies players hanging off his back, after he kicked the winner against the Injectors 2000, round 21. 8 foot in height. Mrs isn’t keen but f**k her, she just doesn’t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back