Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see Scott Clayton has been let go by the Suns ........any interest?

(I will show myself out and accept the ban)

I deem your punishment to be that you swim across port Phillip bay with a sack of potatoes tied around your neck!

Last edited:
This kind of behaviour is not acceptable on this board. Decency must be upheld. I expect the mods to be ruthless.
Interestingly enough, Clayton was linked to Saints and Dogs this morning in the media. Surely not??

If Clayton came back there is no way it'd be as list boss. More likely a general recruiter like Stibbard was for us

I have the potatoes...

Of course you do! However, Im pretty sure that Clayton has more than enough of of his own mouldering away in his career closet.

From his point of view getting on the AFL backwater expansion teet may well be sweet, but how he has remained in the football industry for as long as he has is right up there with what pre-dated the big bang as one of life's great mysteries.

Clayton linked to return to Dogs...

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Scott Clayton has been let go by the Suns ........any interest?

(I will show myself out and accept the ban)
I heard that on SEN and it was a comment by Andy Maher but I don't think he actually knew anything he just made the link because the Saints have a vacancy and their is speculation around JMac. I think he was just specualting.

The guy that selected J.Grant ahead of Danger and Rance should not be allowed back into the building under any circumstances.
Oddly fitting Grant and Clayton finish up together...at the Suns.

Was admittedly very clever at trade time when his role expanded to list management as well as recruiting. There’s no question he is a cluey bloke.

The issue was apparently that he picked purely on what he saw as upside and had scant regard for character, application etc. Picked a bevy of McMahon/Grant types who looked great when it was going their way but never really focused enough.

If he were just doing deals and managing the cap I’d be ok with it. He must be on forced leave on draft day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back