Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Schache was a Hail Mary desperate late call to cover up the Stringer debacle.

Griff and Higgins wanted out, Cooney was done and Jake was pushed out.

Sorry mate we can pretend we controlled all of what you say but we really didn’t.

Dahl leaves, Wally possibly leaves and we will do very little if history is a reliable source
Now I am not usually the most positive Bulldogs supporter but I really think we have a lot to look forward to next year no matter what happens this trade period. Bottom 4 next year you reckon? Only if we end end with 12 ACL’s and another broken neck (possible).

If our list continues to improve on the last 4 rounds we will play finals at a minimum. We have strong, improving youth on every line. Can we cover Wal and Dahl leaving? Absolutely.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
Now I am not usually the most positive Bulldogs supporter but I really think we have a lot to look forward to next year no matter what happens this trade period. Bottom 4 next year you reckon? Only if we end end with 12 ACL’s and another broken neck (possible).

If our list continues to improve on the last 4 rounds we will play finals at a minimum. We have strong, improving youth on every line. Can we cover Wal and Dahl leaving? Absolutely.

We need a fit, happy and committed Liber! I have said it before IMO he is our best and most important player.

He will make huge difference to the team.

Not sure why we have not re-signed him. Hope my concerns are not real.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We need a fit, happy and committed Liber! I have said it before IMO he is our best and most important player.

He will make huge difference to the team.

Not sure why we have not re-signed him. Hope my concerns are not real.
If we get another 50 games from Libber I would take it. 2 knees from innocuous movements does not bode well.

Cruiserweight Champ

ENT Expert
Jul 21, 2007
Melbourne, AU
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
We desperately need a ruckman not mids.
the club should give compo Dahl pick for a Lycett----I know he is not a gun, but we need a ruckman who can at least break even with Gawn, Grundy, Jacobs, etc...this will only enhance the output of McCrae, Libba, Hunter, Dunkley, Bont

And if Honeychurch gets another year ill throw up---he tries hard but his physique is not AFL standard, he is slow, cant kick more than 45metres-and they are allows those sloe looping kicks that often get intercepted.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
We're squeezing a lot of juice out of 3 wins against absolute shithack teams where half of the football the team played was still borderline unwatchable and a gallant effort against a Richmond side with the cue in the rack.

This team needs all the accomplished AFL footballers it can keep a hold of and more. Otherwise there is a fairly decent chance of further regression next year.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We're squeezing a lot of juice out of 3 wins against absolute shithack teams where half of the football the team played was still borderline unwatchable and a gallant effort against a Richmond side with the cue in the rack.

This team needs all the accomplished AFL footballers it can keep a hold of and more. Otherwise there is a fairly decent chance of further regression next year.
I look at the Geelong, North & Richmond games with half a fit side and see a good future. The Saints game does not even count as an official game of Football they are that s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bluemour... hahahahaha. Amazing how all the sources in that thread seem to have Carlton landing gun players.
Haven't you read, they're landing McGovern, Shiel, Setterfield and Libba this year!

Including one brilliant hypothetical trade, summarised by: "Overall Carlton downgrade 1 to 2, 12 to 13 and lose 27 while gaining McGovern, Setterfield, 47 and 51"

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
the club should give compo Dahl pick for a Lycett----I know he is not a gun, but we need a ruckman who can at least break even with Gawn, Grundy, Jacobs, etc...this will only enhance the output of McCrae, Libba, Hunter, Dunkley, Bont

And if Honeychurch gets another year ill throw up---he tries hard but his physique is not AFL standard, he is slow, cant kick more than 45metres-and they are allows those sloe looping kicks that often get intercepted.
Lycett is a free agent, so they won’t have to give anything.

Tim English could play a whole season next year.

Sep 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I agree we need ruck cover, but i don’t think we need to spend much cap or any trade/draft assets.

Someone like an Andre Parella, who was draftable a couple of years ago, then been developing in sanfl since.

Basic idea is someone 21-24 years, mature body, tall for a ruck (i.e. at least 204cm) would be an ideal type as a fallback.

Plus they might excel in afl system and u get it for little outlay.

Ultimately, English should be our no.1 next year though.

That's when we win in the future. We should've landed a big fish at the end of 2016 while the club was buzzing IMO
That would have involved giving up our first round pick most likely - Tim English.

English will be a superstar, he'll join Grundy & Gawn.

Players can also move for nothing if they're offered a rookie spot by their current side and a main list spot by someone else. Maybe another club came sniffing around, you never know. Right decision to get him on the main list anyway.
You sure? Sam Murray was traded as a Sydney rookie to Collingwood's main list. Ditto Shane Biggs.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There’s no point signing Lycett when he’s going to want 4-5 years when he won’t be the best ruckman on our list in 12 months. English is that much better it’s embarrassing.

Just IMO reckon if fit, English will be our best ruck at the start of next season.

Not sure how we fit all our other rucks in. Can't see how recruiting another primary ruck is a need - particularly with Trengoves decent ruck form.

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You sure? Sam Murray was traded as a Sydney rookie to Collingwood's main list. Ditto Shane Biggs.
No you're correct. I've heard what I said repeated a couple of times and just blindly believed it. Josh Jenkins was used as an example but I've just checked that and he was traded too. Check your sources, kids! Apologies.

No you're correct. I've heard what I said repeated a couple of times and just blindly believed it. Josh Jenkins was used as an example but I've just checked that and he was traded too. Check your sources, kids! Apologies.
All good. The AFL change rules every year so can never be too sure

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Corey Gregson gets squeezed out at Geelong would we be interested?
Thought he was a pretty handy player but don't know what his form has been like this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back