Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The longer and longer this goes it feels more and more like an extravagant attention seeking venture by Chad Wingard.

I’d put a lot of money on him staying at Port.

May and Hogan also have not requested a trade thus far. Chad is far from his own on this front.

We’d all love him to hurry up and put us out of our misery though.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
The longer and longer this goes it feels more and more like an extravagant attention seeking venture by Chad Wingard.

I’d put a lot of money on him staying at Port.

Not sure. I reckon Port will move him for the right price. They're obviously desperate for one of the SA kids.

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Sam Edmund and Ralphy on Superfooty Trade talk thing saying they can't see any way Wingard stays at Port as it has turned toxic and expects him to land at the Dogs. Just opinion and no firm source or anything, but all we are going off atm is opinion.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sam Edmund and Ralphy on Superfooty Trade talk thing saying they can't see any way Wingard stays at Port as it has turned toxic and expects him to land at the Dogs. Just opinion and no firm source or anything, but all we are going off atm is opinion.

I thought we were the club that this was going to have happen. Damo assured me.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Last weekend I took a popular psychedelic which I won't name for obvious reasons. I took a walk down to the park and laid in the grass and listened to the trees. Sometimes the trees speak to me. In one of the trees I noticed a bird was perched, watching me. All of a sudden is swooped down from the branch on which was perched on and landed up the ground. Then it stood up. It morphed into a man who had wings for arms. For a while he just stared at me, his face indistinguishable but somehow familiar. I heard a noise behind me and turned to see what it was but it was just the wind. I looked back and the man was gone but there was a woman walking a Dog, but there some something peculiar about the Dog. It was now wearing the face of the winged man whom I'd just encountered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This wouldn't be happening if trade week was only a week. Shorten it, all it does is extend all the clubs stances of not accepting offers all cos "there is plenty of time left". That said it could just be supporters impatience

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Person on port board saying that Port said no to pick 7
rubbish, we haven't even spoken to them since chad hasn't said anything.

Last weekend I took a popular psychedelic which I won't name for obvious reasons. I took a walk down to the park and laid in the grass and listened to the trees. Sometimes the trees speak to me. In one of the trees I noticed a bird was perched, watching me. All of a sudden is swooped down from the branch on which was perched on and landed up the ground. Then it stood up. It morphed into a man who had wings for arms. For a while he just stared at me, his face indistinguishable but somehow familiar. I heard a noise behind me and turned to see what it was but it was just the wind. I looked back and the man was gone but there was a woman walking a Dog, but there some something peculiar about the Dog. It was now wearing the face of the winged man whom I'd just encountered.
great, so we are going to get wingard for the womens team. fat load of good that does us scrag!

Apr 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He hasn’t nominated us

Thats not how this works. The two clubs would be meeting to work out IF any deal could be done (or meeting through an intermediary e.g. Wingard's manager). If a deal can be achieved, Wingard will nominate his preferred destination knowing there is a decent chance it happens. The Gibbs scenario from 2 years ago is the outlier, not the rule

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thats not how this works. The two clubs would be meeting to work out IF any deal could be done (or meeting through an intermediary e.g. Wingard's manager). If a deal can be achieved, Wingard will nominate his preferred destination knowing there is a decent chance it happens. The Gibbs scenario from 2 years ago is the outlier, not the rule

If that is the case we just add a sweetener

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians

BEX will do that to you .

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
N
If that is the case we just add a sweetener

Save next years first for Kelly- that’s what they want.

We need to be patient. The longer it goes on the better for us. Pick 7 is very juicy and the Port coaching staff are not going to want an unhappy playing group next year or being asked about Wingard’s contract at every press conference. This is Stringer in reverse.

Last edited:

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

All I seek is peace and quiet, and people keep coming into my park and lying in the grass...

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You want to know what I reckon? Too bad telling it anyway.

I reckon Chad wants to come to us but we cant agree to terms/picks with Port. If we can reach an in principle trade with Port then he'll announce us but otherwise won't say anything so it's less awkward to stay if he has to.

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
He hasn’t nominated us

great, so we are going to get wingard for the womens team. fat load of good that does us scrag!
Players will nominate when it looks like a deal can be done.

Doesn't stop the Bulldogs asking if they would take pick 7 for Wingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back