Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify I think he's well under AFL standard. Hawthorn's remarkable system and player development have eked a lot of improvement out of him along with a handful of really good games - but even they haven't managed to turn him into a consistently serviceable contributor at either end of the ground. I think he's a liability most of the time and he hasn't looked capable of changing that at any real stage of his career for mine.

Yes, he does have athleticism and pretty good hands - but it's a no from me.

Are there any serviceable and attainable tall forwards out there? Or even in state leagues?

Surely we need another key forward mate? We were short this year, and redpath is obviously gone.

I’m not sold on obrien, but interested in what he’s worth (clearly bugger all from the reaction here).

I’m not keen on buzza
That's not the worst shout if he costs nothing. Can certainly take a mark. Contracted till end of 2019. Constantly in and out of the side. I reckon he'd be worth a pick in the 50's

Laverde on the move?
94962c1d3cb95d5762659afba1382ac9

Ben Higgins
ESSENDON young gun Jayden Laverde is no certainty to stay a Bomber this trade period.

Despite signing a new contract, the former No.20 draft pick is seen as "gettable" this trade period after playing just 12 games in the past two years.

Laverde – a 191cm, 90kg forward-midfielder – has struggled for continuity at Tullamarine and could seek a fresh start and greater opportunity.

The 22-year-old featured in six straight games from Round 6-11 this year but wasn't sighted again until Round 23.

According to Herald Sun trade expert Jay Clark, Laverde's form in the VFL will have rivals sniffing around.

"He recently re-signed at Bomberland I think he could be gettable," he told Trade TV.

"He had a great last month of the season. He was very good in his last senior game, he's too good for VFL level.

"There's just whispers coming out in the last 24 hours.

"This is something that might develop later in the trade period, this guy – despite just re-signing at Essendon – could emerge from left field."

In Round 23, Laverade collected 17 disposals, three tackles, three marks (two contested) and kicked 3.3.

Come on down Levi :)
I have to be honest MD I think we could do worse. A lot worse.

I certainly wouldn't chase him aggressively...but depending on what he expects contractually and what Carlton expects in return I wouldn't completely rule it out. He's not great but we're about an injury away from playing Dunkley or Jong as a permanent full forward at the moment.

For the love of God, what ever we do with pick 7, can it please result in us picking up some genuine natural AFL-level forward talent. I don't question the club for trading Stringer at all but we nonetheless need to replace his talent and dangerousness in the F50

Smith more of a half back flanker/midfielder. Should we pass on him if he's there at 7?

I certainly wouldn't chase him aggressively...but depending on what he expects contractually and what Carlton expects in return I wouldn't completely rule it out. He's not great but we're about an injury away from playing Dunkley or Jong as a permanent full forward at the moment.
Didn't want to sign 4 years ago and just use us as leverage to get a better deal at Carlton. Why bother now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laverde on the move?
94962c1d3cb95d5762659afba1382ac9

Ben Higgins
ESSENDON young gun Jayden Laverde is no certainty to stay a Bomber this trade period.

Despite signing a new contract, the former No.20 draft pick is seen as "gettable" this trade period after playing just 12 games in the past two years.

Laverde – a 191cm, 90kg forward-midfielder – has struggled for continuity at Tullamarine and could seek a fresh start and greater opportunity.

The 22-year-old featured in six straight games from Round 6-11 this year but wasn't sighted again until Round 23.

According to Herald Sun trade expert Jay Clark, Laverde's form in the VFL will have rivals sniffing around.

"He recently re-signed at Bomberland I think he could be gettable," he told Trade TV.

"He had a great last month of the season. He was very good in his last senior game, he's too good for VFL level.

"There's just whispers coming out in the last 24 hours.

"This is something that might develop later in the trade period, this guy – despite just re-signing at Essendon – could emerge from left field."

In Round 23, Laverade collected 17 disposals, three tackles, three marks (two contested) and kicked 3.3.
Interesting, what would he cost? Is this someone Dahl compo could go on?

Are there any serviceable and attainable tall forwards out there? Or even in state leagues?
There isn't a lot. I have varying levels of interest in the following, but I'm not sold on any of them:
  • Elliott Himmelberg - young option, think he can play but not a guarantee. May get more game time now that McGovern is gone.
  • Sam Skinner - my personal favourite; definitely think he can play but ACLs a huge problem.
  • Levi Casboult - covered previously.
  • James Stewart - not perfect, not a true key forward, but can kick goals and has a bit of experience.
  • Harry Himmelberg - not a true key forward but very talented. GWS like him though.
No idea on contract statuses; I'd suggest most of them are signed. State league isn't my forte.

Agree would be cheap as well. We are almost painted into a corner waiting on Boyd to show something fwd.

Therefore inclined to not trade assets for a key fwd.

Have come around on drafting B King in light of Adams and above.

There isn't a lot. I have varying levels of interest in the following, but I'm not sold on any of them:
  • Elliott Himmelberg - young option, think he can play but not a guarantee. May get more game time now that McGovern is gone.
  • Sam Skinner - my personal favourite; definitely think he can play but ACLs a huge problem.
  • James Stewart - not perfect, not a true key forward, but can kick goals and has a bit of experience.
  • Harry Himmelberg - not a true key forward but very talented. GWS like him though.
No idea on contract statuses; I'd suggest most of them are signed. State league isn't my forte.

Cheers Dannnnnnnn, so maybe Levi or Stewart gettable, not a lot to be excited about though. Maybe there's a Podsiadly out there somewhere...

Cheers Dannnnnnnn, so maybe Levi or Stewart gettable, not a lot to be excited about though. Maybe there's a Podsiadly out there somewhere...
I've heard ex-Brisbane player Matt Hammelmann is killing it in the NEAFL (I know, I know...). Don't know more than that but I thought he had talent as a rookie.

Beautiful. So who is pedalling this bull**** about him wanting to go back to WA?
It came from some rubbish Facebook page called 'Betjam' who attributed it to Sam McClure on SEN - I'm not sure if McClure actually said it or not.

Even moreso than journalists, rumours on Facebook pages should not be taken seriously - case in point the page announcing Wallis had signed for Brisbane 2 days before we announced his new deal.

Could we try to coax Marshall out of Port?
Feel like we need a more agile athletic type.

Maybe Bruce from St Kilda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back