Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he basically said Bob was right.

I'm sure there's some (including one who thankfully has me on ignore) who will still think it's all one giant conspiracy and a smokescreen and it's still all the club's fault. Cos you know, it always is.

No no, you’re just another one of these people who thinks the club can never do anything wrong

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s so hilarious that Geelong fans want Tim Kelly’s blood. They get every campaigner under the sun to play at that shithole but can’t take it when they lose one.

Cats and Crows fans are the worst for that.

And Freo won’t entertain trading a contracted Neale.. but going for a contracted Hogan is all gravy. So many hypocrites in the afl.

The two moves I’d be trying to make are get Wingard in, then flip Dahl compo and Adams (if he does want out) into a 12-14 pick so we can get another kid in before West.

Still so keen on Curtis Taylor..

This is the dream.

Wingard, West and another pick in the teens.

Collingwood and Sydney seem the most likely.

29 (dal pick)
2nd rounder (adams)
3rd rounder

For pick 12 with the swans (for Blakey points.

Pies come into play if Adams wants to go there. Query whether west slips passed their first pick tho.

Brisbane have pick 22, which will slip to around 25. That’s about right for Adams.

This is the dream.

29 (dal pick)
2nd rounder (adams)
3rd rounder

Pies come into play if Adams wants to go there. Query whether west slips passed their first pick tho.

Brisbane have pick 22, which will slip to around 25. That’s about right for Adams.
Dahl, Adams and a third rounder for pick 12. I know there's more to it in terms of contracts and clubs generally being poorly compensated for losing players, but that's a strange dream. We'd be lucky if the player we take at pick 12 ends up as good as either Dahlhaus or Adams, let alone both and a third rounder.

I know this is highly unlikely to eventuate but I read this today on 'theroar' trade rumours: "Daniel Menzel – Menzel seems a chance to move to the Western Bulldogs following news that St Kilda’s interest in him has cooled and Geelong have encouraged him to look elsewhere. Unrestricted free agent." I'm a bit worried because here he is fronting up at VUWO for a medical yesterday: upload_2018-10-6_9-58-47.png

Last edited:
We will be ok on terms of number of 1st round picks we used 2 last year So if we trade this years 1st and 2019 &2020 would max us out or at worst have to trade for a 1st in 2020
If we match a bid on West at 15-18, would that count as another 1St rounder. If he is one of the first 18 picked technically it should?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So
Bont wants out to St Kilda
Macrae off to Sydney
JJ off to Freo
Hunter to the Bombers
Libba to an opium den in in South East Asia
The Shak attack wants back to Brisbane
Wood to GWS
All SA boys to Port
English to WCE

anyone know any more true facts???

Bevo to Cronulla Sharks. Taking Dunks with him.

Apparently Richmond's Lynch deal is heavily backend loaded. 500k pa for first 3 years then massive bucks. They'd want a flag in those first 3 years

This is the dream.

29 (dal pick)
2nd rounder (adams)
3rd rounder

Yeah reckon Brisbane might be the key. Some rough ideas, may also require trading some future picks:

Adams to Lions for pick 25 (perhaps some steak knives from us).

25 + 28 (Dahl pick) to Sydney (1433 points - enough to match a bid on Blakey at pick 6) for pick 13 (1212 points)

Roughy to WCE (via trade so they keep their FA compo picks) for pick 40

Use picks 40, 46, 63 & 64 to adequately match any bid on West from pick 14 onwards. Any change left over used to draft Khamis and hopefully Hayes

Ideally:
INS (8 players) - Wingard, pick 13, West, Khamis, Hayes, Lloyd, Gowers upgrade, Lynch upgrade
OUTS (7-10 players) - Pick 7, Dahlhaus, Adams, Roughead, Red, Clay, Biggs, Collins, Honeychurch (?), Campbell (?), Webb (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back