Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How many small forwards do we realistically need? I'm happy enough with McLean and Lloyd for now and Cavarra could end up being a player too. I'd be trying to sign up a quality KPD to give us the freedom to keep Naughton forward.

Agree re the KPD. Even if it’s a Dunn type just to help out for a few years.
I’d be going a KPD in the draft too to develope with Young.
Greene, Cavarra, Gowers probably have the small to mid sized roles covered with Smith and McLean playing the fwd/mid role but wouldn’t be against drafting another or preferably chasing an Elliott type.
Draft/Trade : KPD ( main concern ), Small/Mid sized fwd, Back up ruckman ( Pruess type ) If Boyd doesn’t come back.
In that order. The rest of our list is ready to go.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Elliott has played about one game in three yrs and has chronic hammies and a chronic back condiition.

Moore.has been pernnially injured and was extrememly dismissive.of our club pre draft

We just got rid of a batch of injury prone players and l am rapt we didn't go near either of them.

Roll the dice with Rory Thompson as a KPD? Coming off an ACL and a FA so would be cheap, cost us no draft picks and his best is pretty good.

Sextons the one we need to go for as a FA. I know some people who are good mates with him who reckon he'd be keen on a move to melbourne. Would be a nice get
Yes, 100% yes. I'd be all over this if there was a possibility.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Roll the dice with Rory Thompson as a KPD? Coming off an ACL and a FA so would be cheap, cost us no draft picks and his best is pretty good.

Yeah would be ok with that. I haven’t seen a lot of him but he’s the right age and as you said would come on the cheap.

Is he a pure KP stopper like a Frawley type ? Someone like that paired with Cordy plus two of Duryea, Crozier, Wood types and two JJ, Richards, Daniel, Vandermeer types and possibly Williams if he stays back is a pretty balanced defensive line.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I suggested we should of gone hard for him and Moore last trade period and every1 was against me
Moore would have been a great addition, Elliots history of injury puts me right off. His Hamstring issues are back related just seems like a ticking time bomb

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’d be going a KPD in the draft too to develope with Young.
Greene, Cavarra, Gowers probably have the small to mid sized roles covered with Smith and McLean playing the fwd/mid role but wouldn’t be against drafting another or preferably chasing an Elliott type.
Draft/Trade : KPD ( main concern ), Small/Mid sized fwd, Back up ruckman ( Pruess type ) If Boyd doesn’t come back.
In that order. The rest of our list is ready to go.

We do have two players in our Academy this year who are smaller types who kick goals and would probably come cheaply.

Surprised he hasn’t been given a chance yet. Ben Brown needs help up forward.
Might get a gig this week. Mason Wood was horrible as the support tall player last week.

You got me wondering ... so I just found it again.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ts-will-deal-with-exodus-20190319-p515il.html

We could equivocate about whether this was "unequivocal" or not, but it sounded pretty conclusive to me.

Blokes have been known to change their mind before though, so there might be a small chance.
I'll assign him to you TTR. Good luck!

1553644368658.png

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Moore is looking really good so far, would be great to have him in the side
He might be playing good, but no way on earth can he be described as ‘looking good’. Surely he currently has the worst haircut in the league. And that’s no mean feat.

Last edited:

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Richmond seem to have a number of promising talls who will struggle to play now that they have Lynch- Moore, Balta, Gartwaite, the guy with the hyphen. I would be asking their managers. We have ex Richmond on our recruiting team as well.

Richmond seem to have a number of promising talls who will struggle to play now that they have Lynch- Moore, Balta, Gartwaite, the guy with the hyphen. I would be asking their managers. We have ex Richmond on our recruiting team as well.

Balta is already in the team alongside Jack and Tom

RCD is more a developing mid than a KPP, and I dare say Richmond would ask for a first rounder for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back